• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PCX Event Volunteering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Guys, we don't need updates on who wants to host what. I'm perfectly capable of reading back a few posts. Also, please don't keep asking if you can have a certain event, it's really not necessary. With that said, more people have been accepted and Jake will add them as EO's later since you're all not in a rush for the planning forum, yeah? ;)

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Guys, we don't need updates on who wants to host what.

Okeydokey, sorry. I'm obviously very forgetful then. Just because I thought only 2 hosts at a time.

I'll be getting down to deleting that "A lot of people want to host it now" post.

AMERIGO

Hello, I'd like to volunteer for the Slogan contest, since I love poke-community, and I've been a member for quite a long time but with no emblems nor achievements yet (You might think I'm invisible). Anyway please I'd really appreciate it.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Hm, seems like not allot of people want to Host Skype, smart people. Oh wait theres a few.

I should be able to help with Skype again this time, I'm a long time host of the event. School,.. shouldnt be a problem. ^.^

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hello again ^~^, my last post here was this & here is my completed fusion -->
2iqlpb6.jpg

I hope I shall be able to co-host the Sprite Contest with -ty-. If not, I shall still gladly take part in the contest the following week.

~Mid

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hello again ^~^, my last post here was this & here is my completed fusion -->
2iqlpb6.jpg

I hope I shall be able to co-host the Sprite Contest with -ty-. If not, I shall still gladly take part in the contest the following week.

~Mid

Please read http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7334255&postcount=86 and the first post. Suitable hosts have been chosen for those but there's a lot more that need hosts so all of you should concentrate on what currently remains host-less.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
[13:42] * Now talking in #thepokecommunity
[13:42] * Topic is 'The PokeCommunity Chat @ pokecommunity.com | Also the PCX Organizing Committee | http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=288120 <-- volunteer if you haven't already | #tpc's rules state you must miss Lozz, Jake, and Ray, every hour of the day!'
[13:42] * Set by Forever on Mon Sep 10 10:32:40
[13:42] <%Forever> JOEY
[13:42] <%Forever> HOST GRAPHICS CONTEST
[13:42] <@bobandbill> depends how great you made them in delaying the reading =p
[13:42] <@bobandbill> NICA
[13:42] <Josephine> host?
[13:42] <@bobandbill> STOP SHOUTING
[13:42] <%Forever> yeah, host it!!
[13:42] <%Forever> for the get together
[13:42] <%Forever> with alternative
[13:42] <Josephine> ok
[13:43] <%Forever> go post in volunteer thread then
[13:43] <%Forever> :3

And so here I am, at your service.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
so is this online or are there areas where people are hosting them. If so are there any in Naperville IL or IL

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
While a few things you guys are asking about are still up for discussion (including the positions I'm about to mention), I just wanted to let you all know that in particular we need hosts for iSketch, Skype, Art and Gaming events, in particular. So if you haven't already volunteered for those and you think you could do them (previous volunteers are being discussed), then please do volunteer !

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
Years
PokéCommunity Get-Together 2012
Event Volunteering

Excited yet? The party is only a few weeks away (September 24 - September 30) and now the events are decided! We're all ready to go, right? Nope! We need hosts now, and that's where you guys come in. For those who don't know, the Get-Together is when the community comes together and participates in different events to have fun with other members. All of the descriptions describe what the event is about, but as for how they're actually run is up to the hosts! If you'd like to host an event just post what you're interested in volunteering for.

Volunteers are required:
  • To manage events for a minimum of three days. Events may run for up to seven or run on staggered days. A public calendar will be used to mark the dates and times your event is running.
  • To know the kind of event they're taking. For example, if you have little experience in ROM hacking, you shouldn't take a ROM hacking event.
  • To have good time management. Things must be timely - event posts and planning, for example. You must also be ready to post threads at specific times - these are times that you specify, or the default event starting time.

Anything in orange has a host, or a co-host already and doesn't need anyone else volunteering for those events. We will add more hosts if they are required.

You can also volunteer to host as much as you want, but you won't be guaranteed to get everything you asked for. As soon as you're accepted you'll be given an event organisers badge and access to the planning forum where you can plan your event. More specific details will be given to those who are accepted as event organisers.

Event organisers are also encouraged to make their event names fit the anniversary theme.​

Core Events

Anniversary Chat Thread
Join the celebrations and discuss PokéCommunity's 10th anniversary, among other things!

#thepokecommunity
If you don't have a microphone and would rather real-time conversation, then join the booming chat on PokeCommunity's IRC channel.

Do you like the sound of your own voice? Do you like the sound of everyone else's voices? If so, then the Skype event is for you.

iSketch
iCan sketch the best! Draw Pokémon-related things and see how quick others can guess them without too many hints!

Creativity Events

10-Year Banner Collab (Hosted by Hybrid Trainer)
Collaborate with other members to help put together a new 10-year style!

Slogan Contest (Hosted by Zupplu)
After 10 years you'd think it's time for a new slogan...

Singing Contest (Hosted by dragonomega and Impo)
Just missed out on winning the X-Factor? That sucks! Here's a singing contest for you to win instead.

Design-a-Pokémon Event (Hosted by Zeffy and Cirno)
Have an interesting Pokemon design you've had locked away for the last year? Now's the time to show it off!

Prettiest Profile Contest (Hosted by BinaryPeaches and Netto Azure)
Do you consider yourself a master profile designer? Now's the time to prove it.

Map-off Event (Hosted by Zeffy and Destiny Demon)
Do you think you make great maps? Show them off and for others to judge!

Roleplay Event (Hosted by Skymin, Raikiri and Leaf Storm)
Just participated in the RPO's? Can't get enough of roleplaying? Luckily there's another roleplaying event for you!

Writing Event (Hosted by Astinus and icomeanon6)
Sharpen your pencils, or open up Word and write based on a given theme!

Art Contest (Hosted by Cirno)
Artists, gather your pencils and get ready to draw in the Art Contest!

Graphics Contest (Hosted by Alternative and Counterfeit)
Is Photoshop your best friend? Time to spend some more time with it in the Graphics Contest.

Photography Contest (Hosted by Requility and Razor Leaf)
Do you love taking photos? Any photographer can enter and show what they've captured!

Sprite Contest (Hosted by -ty- and Spherical Ice)
Skilled at using pixels? If so, get ready to sprite!

Song Parody Contest (Hosted by Toujours, Para-Dox and gunnerpow7)
I wanna be the very best, like no member ever was. Love listening to parodies? Try to come up with one yourself in the Song Parody Contest!

Caption Contest (Hosted by Hiroshi Sotomura)
Caption a picture with the most amusing captions and win.

Pokémon Anime Snapshot (Hosted by Lapras* and ZachLMedia)
Take a snapshot of the Pokemon anime, then try to match it with the given theme.

IRL Pokemon Snapshot (Hosted by Curious. and Hybrid Trainer)
Do you ever feel like Pokemon are around you? Maybe they are! Take a photo of things in real life that represent Pokemon (like mushroom = Amoonguss) and earn points to win.

Games

Scavenger Hunt (Hosted by Toujours)
One clue leads to another, think you can finish the hunt?

Competitive Battling Tournament (Hosted by Wolflare and Requility)
Are you excited about the new Black 2 and White 2 metagame? Time to show your skills as a battler!

Challenges (Hosted by Sydian and myrrhman)
Complete a challenge in-game as fast as you can!

Egg Swap (Hosted by Kip and Requility)
Think you're good at trading? Let's see how fast you really are and see who can swap the most eggs in the set period of time!

PC History Quiz (Hosted by Requility)
Do you remember when...? Now's the time to start remembering! The person with the best memory wins a special prize. ;)

Trivia Contest (Hosted by Retro Bug, Shining Raichu and RetroRoller)
Test your skills on all sorts of general trivia, which may even include Pokémon!

Minecraft Event (Hosted by Hiroshi Sotomura, Spectrum, Curious. and bobandbill)
Ssssssss…

Gaming Events - Team Fortress, Borderlands, etc (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 events hosted by OokamiReki)
A selection of PC and Xbox Live games you can play, available here.

Retro Gaming Event (Hosted by Brendino and Luigi-San)
If you love retro games like Pacman, then this game will keep you busy over the celebration period.

Crossword/Word Search/Pokemon Pairing Word Game (Hosted by Scarf and vaporeon7)
If you spend your weekend doing crosswords, then you're probably going to want to participate in this event.

Other Events

PokéCommunity highs
Sit back and recall your greatest times here as we touch down on 10 years!

Impersonate Lerroux (Hosted by Razor Leaf and ♪Twiggy♪)
Oh no, Lerroux is back to cause trouble! Oh wait, no, it was just a PokéCommunity member impersonating him.

Shiny Pokémon Raffle (Hosted by Team Fail and twistedpuppy)
If you have rare shinies, consider donating a few to go into the raffle. You never know what you'll end up with!

Movie Nights (Hosted by Olli97, ♪Twiggy♪ and AlexOzzyCake)
Hungry for both popcorn AND movies? Then the Movie Nights should satisfy that craving!​

Y arent u selecting me for sprite contest?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back