• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What system will you play B2/W2 on?

What system will you play Black2 and White 2 on?

• DS Phat (original)

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • DS Lite

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • DSi

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • DSi XL

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • 3DS

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • 3DS XL

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
Years
*sigh* I'm sure I'll be using my same old DSi to play B/W2 but I really want the dream radar feature, and just having a 3DS in general would be nice. I just can't afford a new DS. My brother on the other hand DOES have a 3DS so maybe I can borrow his if I want to do dream radar.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Probably 3DS and my old DS Lite. I like my DS Lite more then my other DS's (3DS, DSi,) mainly because I can play GBA games. I'll probably buy a 3DS XL for the bigger screen though. So yeah I'm gonna play on my DS Lite.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
DS Phat. Ive used it for my last few playthroughs of White, Soulsilver, and some gen 3 games. Wont stop now.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Good ol' original DS. My DS Lite actually broke like a year ago and a friend just recently gave me his, so I can finally play again lol. Glad the games are still backwards compatible.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2012
My DS Lite. It stayed with me for years and doesn't seem like it'll break anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I'll be playing on Nintendo DS Lite, since it's the only one I have !

Years
I'll be playing on my White DS Lite that's six years old and basically falling apart (no, really, the top screen is held on by a combination of superglue and duct-tape). But, it still works completely fine, and I'm going to buy White 2 while I actually have money left over from my birthday, rather than waiting til I get a 3DS (which probably won't happen for a very long time).

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It'll most likely be dependant on whether or not my little brother will let me use his DSi XL, otherwise I'll have to use my 3DS. Though, DS games don't really look nice on the 3DS...

Years
I do have a 3DS XL (that I traded in my launch day 3DS for, with no regrets!) but I'll be using my trusty old DSi.
I really don't like how the DS games look and sound on the 3DS, so... yeah.

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
If I do get BW2 I'll play it on DS Lite, since I played my other Pokemon games on it, also, the 3DS and DSi don't really appeal to me, it's essentially just more features... =|

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
They are for the DS and so they're compatible on the DSi. They just have extra features on them that require you to play on a 3DS. Such as in order to get the Kami trio's (Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus) new Therian Formes, you need a 3DS cause they're only available in Pokemon Dream Radar, an app you need to download.

Hope that helps. Sorry if that went unanswered.

Ok just 1 more Q then, why didn't the JPN B / W2 games ply in my DS or DSi??

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Original DS n_n; I have no plans to get a more up to date model and it worked fine for B/W so it'll work fine for their sequels!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I'll be buying a 3DS XL when I buy Black 2 and White 2 so I'll probably primarily play on that.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I have to save up for a 3DS seeing as the down button on my DS Lite is broken. :(

UPDATE: The buttons are working again now. Strange.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Probably my Aqua Blue 3DS. But I might use my DSi XL since it has a better quality on it..

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Welp. 3DS if I'm out for those little apps, then the DSi if I want to sneak it outside the house just for school. XD

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
I'll be using my Ocarina of Time Edition 3ds. :3 I luuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvv that thing....

trapincher

Rocket Executive
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
My DSi. I have the 3DS but the graphics are much clearer on the DSi.

Back