• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I just recently found a big thing of CDs from before I had an iPod hookup in the car and it was like stepping into a time machine. The ones from like 2007/2008 had all of the music that was popular back then that nobody listens to anymore. It was really cool and nostalgic.

Heh that kinda sounds like when I opened up my drawer, one I hadn't opened in year and it was pack-filled with trinkets and stuff I hadn't seen in forever. Oh dear God that was a good day :p

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
What always surprised me more than the longevity of those stupid Now compilations was the longevity of Kidz Bop. (and how they used so many inappropriate songs)

(also, you should totally watch the third Digimon movie in Japanese. for some reason it has a blues soundtrack)

Years
Duuuude! Sammi, can you believe it's on like NOW 47 or something ridiculous now?? I remember when the FIRST one came out. :( oh god we're getting so old.

I KNOW! I get into this conversation every time I bring up those CDs. I'm a bit amazed it's still around at all.

It's all probably still 1 or 2 songs that'll actually be popular in the long run and then a bunch of songs that were on the top 40 charts for awhile but no one will care about later. :p

Ryoutarou said:
What always surprised me more than the longevity of those stupid Now compilations was the longevity of Kidz Bop. (and how they used so many inappropriate songs)

I will never, ever get why people buy Kidz Bop.

But then again I am not usually a fan of covers. :(

Years
I love that song! haha

LEN always makes me think of Digimon: The Movie (aka the best movie ever) because of the Kids in America song. I can't remember if LEN is the original artist or if it's a cover, though...

Now I want to go watch Digimon: The Movie. ;~;

Duuuude! Sammi, can you believe it's on like NOW 47 or something ridiculous now?? I remember when the FIRST one came out. :( oh god we're getting so old.

It's a cover, although to be fair, it's the best cover (Kids in America has been covered at least 4 times.....)

I used to remember the commercials for Now 1 while watching Pokemon right when they were teasing Gen 2 Pokemon like Togepi and Dolphan in the anime :3

Crux

Evermore
Years
@X:
Black socks are the best!!...!

@Somniac:
You really should, pepper is delicious.

@Insomniac:
I'm not really sure my involvement makes any thread better... X)

I hate Kidz Bob.
With the burning passion of a thousand suns.
That's all I have to say about that.

The soundtrack for Princess TuTu is pretty great. Mushi-shi's is really impressive too.

Years
Oh my God, Digimon: The Movie changed my life forever. Still, to this day, the best soundtrack for any film I've ever seen. Seriously. Kids In America was great.

And yeah, I've accepted the fact that since there are forty-seven editions of Now, I am an old geezer. :|

Echidna

Years
Oh god VCRs. My friend lent me an SLP tape with like, 6 hours of Pokémon episodes on it. I stopped 4 hours through because the tape was getting really warm from the friction of the reels.

Oh my God, this brings back memories of recording Pokemon episodes on tape and watching them on a VCR player lmao. Ahh the good old days. Of course now you can watch them illegally online and no one can do crap about it xD

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Oh my God, Digimon: The Movie changed my life forever. Still, to this day, the best soundtrack for any film I've ever seen. Seriously. Kids In America was great.

And yeah, I've accepted the fact that since there are forty-seven editions of Now, I am an old geezer. :|

47? I think youre mistaken, the most recent is Now 84

The first came out in 1983 I think, which doesn't make you that old.

edit: Argh, another new title?
Oh how I wish for the day when my witty remarks and niche humour will grant me an inspiration for the thread title.

Years
47? I think youre mistaken, the most recent is Now 84

The first came out in 1983 I think, which doesn't make you that old.

In the UK. The US is only on 45 and started in 1998 over here.

It's a few numbers off from what we were quoting because we were all too lazy to Google it (:p), but it's still high.

Echidna

Years
I have the Back To The Future trilogy on VHS. As well as a few recorded TV shows (Lost Season 3 finale, Freaky Friday, Brother Bear), I got quite a box of VHS tapes and audio tapes. Am I too old-fashioned?

Not really. Hell I used to have tapes of NCIS episodes lmao. Ok maybe we're both old-fashioned ;;

Crux

Evermore
Years
So, who all here had or still has a game boy?
Not pocket, not color, not advanced or sp, I mean the original game boy.
392624-123950_gadget26_gameboy_b.jpg

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
It didn't last long but not because it was poor quality - It was of a lot higher quality then VHS tapes at the time. But it was also more expensive. The picture quality and construction of the tape were a lot better then vhs's. The picture quality on vhs tapes improved, but betas were still constructed better.

A vcr wouldn't be able to read anything, technically, because of the size difference - Both in the tapes shell, and the size of tape it used.

What killed it was the prices - vhs, both the tapes and players, were cheaper to produce.

And yes, Beta's are older. They were released in May '75 while VHS were released in October '76.

Last edited:

Crux

Evermore
Years
I love it when somebody asks me something like "What were some of it's features?" when i'm talking about the classic game boy and i'm just like "It played games." :}

The NES! Yes! I still have a huge library of NES titles!
That, the 64, the Psone, and the game boy will forever hold a place in my heart place. :}

Crux

Evermore
Years
I know what you mean, I really big on retro games myself and certainly agree that the real thing is always better.

...So... anyone got a good topic?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I used to pull NES's out of dumpsters. Seriously.

One of the best days of my life was when me and my dad were dumpster diving, and I pulled out a garbage bag with a NES, all the cords (connectors, 2 brick controllers and a zapper), and 6 games. The power supply was broken but my dad fixed it - Sorta. The supply ended up catching fire about a month later but by then I'd already found another, thankfully in one piece and working, supply.

I found more since then, but none of them ever worked. One was smashed all to hell, another had a broken loader, and two I had no idea what was wrong with them.

I bought a SNES at a yardsale for $7. All cords, worked, and had some games.

I ended up selling all of them a few years later.

Never had a GB. Had a couple GBCs - Traded for and bought, one got stolen and I later sold the other one. As for games, all I had was pokemon yellow, pokemon silver, pokemon crystal, and some GB game that I can't remember the name of. Gave yellow to a friend, threw away silver and crystal after the battery died, and I forgot what happened to the other game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back