• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Went is awesome, American Football isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years

I hope by that last line you don't mean you agree with the ref's actions, Went... iirc you said some people got sent off AFTER the final whistle blew.

Yes, Pepe- the one who called him son of a *****. And, knowing that bastard, I agree with the punishment.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
This thread was your idea, 'Went?' Interesting. You people may see this as being in the wrong, or not knowing what I'm talking about when I say something about someone, but there's plenty of evidence around here to say that I do.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
oh my god the rangers v celtic game rn is amazing. celtic have had two people red carded, one yellowed, and have had THEIR MANAGER sent off by the ref. love it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I was on a football / soccer team for three years in middle school! That was when I was active and flourishing with verbs.

Verbs, it's what you do!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
But your thread is about "football". Therefore it shall include American Football.

go steelers

lern2specify, leafy.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
No, this thread is about the football I like, that's why there is my name in the title, geez.

What happened in that match? I heard (from your twitter XD) that the ref also lost it there.

Nihilego

Years
It was vicious haha. Rangers v Celtic which is automatically a tense match - makes Liverpool v Man United or Tottenham v Arsenal look like a walk in the park. Things got hairy and, a few stupid moves by Celtic later, one of their players got sent off for fouling a Rangers striker (iirc). After this the manager lost it a bit and got caught actually on the pitch telling a downed Rangers player to get up because there was nothing wrong with him. The ref decided to not let managers interfere with the game and sent him off too lmao. And then, for a two-footed tackle in the second half, Celtic had yet another player sent off.

They came back interestingly well towards the end, though. I think it was around the 88th minute when, 3-0 down, they were awarded a penalty which they scored. Then, somehow, with only 9 men on the pitch and Rangers walking all over them, they managed to sneak in another goal around the 92nd minute. There were only 4 minutes of added time though so they didn't get another one, finishing Rangers 3 - 2 Celtic. It was actually a really good game, even if it was a little filthy, and I'm surprised Celtic didn't win or at least draw with the number of good chances they had in the first half before the red card.

Or something like that anyway lol.

edit: also updated the first post appropriately.

edit 2: Went is fat. Can someone please edit the title to reflect this?

Last edited:
Years
American national team blew it against Canada. Now the match against El Salvador actually matters for the US!

But now for the other, superior football (as in, American!)! How about that Peyton Manning signing by Denver? And how about that Tebow to the Jets deal?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ugh, don't get me started on that, Don. I officially despise Manning. Tebow was doing so well with the Broncos and here goes ****ing Manning ruining it all. >_>

But at least he's sharing QBs with Sanchez. He's starting QB then by midseason Sanchez is going to take over. I as a Tebow fan can live with it. haha.

Nihilego

Years
I'll even go to the effort of making it if you like.

Went you forgot to fix the title!

Nihilego

Years
That's an acceptable compromise.

Shall we continue talking about FOOTBALL?

Years
Ugh, don't get me started on that, Don. I officially despise Manning. Tebow was doing so well with the Broncos and here goes ****ing Manning ruining it all. >_>

But at least he's sharing QBs with Sanchez. He's starting QB then by midseason Sanchez is going to take over. I as a Tebow fan can live with it. haha.

Tebow was not going to win anything in Denver, since the team's vice president didn't like him at all. Some Denver football legend named John Elway happens to have that position in Denver. Tebow's play highlighted a good defense, though, so Tebow was indirectly responsible for Manning actually going to Denver. Manning had nothing to do with Tebow being traded. That was all John Elway.

Tebow won't start for the Jets, though. The Jets only brought Tebow on because Sanchez has been a very lazy mother****er and refuses to get better as a player since he has no competition. With Tebow there, Sanchez will actually have to start pretending he cares again, which is what the Jets want.

I don't like the way this thread is going.

Deal with it, *****.

You guys go and make your own thread to talk about your weird eggsport, thank you. >:(

**** no. One "football" thread is plenty. I'll discuss whichever football I feel like discussing in this thread! Keeps it simpler for me!

Nihilego

Years
Ugh I'm annoyed. I was meant to be going to the Spurs v Bolton rematch today which got put off because of the whole thing with Fabrice Muamba last time, buttttt I've got too much to do so bahhh. The friend I was going with originally gave me my money for the ticket back and got someone else to go with him so that's all good but STILL annoying as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back