• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha, he'd sell plenty, they'd get record profits from shirt sales to non-Arsenal fans :P

just seen this:

Dortmund told Bayern they're not getting Lewandowski

Personally, I'm really glad about this. The fact that they were even considering buying Götze and Lewandowski shows why the PL is a superior league - even if City and Chelsea had to become billionaire's pet projects to make it more competitive, at least t hey did. Obviously I'd love him to come to United - I would imagine a swap deal for Rooney would even be possible, and much as I love him if he's going to demand a transfer every 2 years then we need to get rid. Plus he could be reunited with Kagawa, which has great potential.
I do think Dortmund need to sell him this summer though - Julian Schieber is nowhere near that class, and they're going to need more than just Götze's transfer money to buy a new striker and attacking midfielder. I don't even care if he goes to Man City (yeah no, I'd hate it if he did) Chelsea or Arsenal, as long as FC Hollywood don't get him xD

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I hope Jose doesn't bring any new attacking midfielders for us. We have three amazing starters already in Mata, Hazard and Oscar, and Lucas Piazon and De Bruyne look pretty impressive so far. Also glad to see Lukaku staying for the season and not going on loan; can see him starting for us only next season :D

Fernandinho to City for £30M was hilarious.

Years
Lukaku is definitely better than Torres now and Ba hasn't been as impressive for Chelsea as he has been for Newcastle. Maybe Lukaku could help either Torres or Ba get to form as their strike partner. If not, he's more than deserving to go upfront as the lone striker in place of them.

I'm really hoping someone major moves soon or, better yet, someone moves to Boro.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Try for Torres? :P
Hmm...I think Lukaku will be a brilliant lone striker for Chelsea, he's the closest thing they've got to Drogba's heir. But Torres has still got it, as seen by that goal in the Europa League final. Ba on the other hand...overrated? He didn't score from when Newcastle signed Cisse til the end of 11/12 season. His goal against United in the FA Cup was pretty decent, but plenty of strikers in the PL can score like that when you've got Mata, Hazard, Oscar and Lampard playing behind you.

Years
If only we could sign someone like Torres :P

To be fair Newcastle played Ba out wide for a while when Cisse signed, but yeah I think he might have had two impressive runs of form for them which made him look better than he is. Chelsea only paid £7m for him though so they'll get value for money either way.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Heard a rumour whilst at work today that Norwich are trying to bring in Marko Marin from Chelsea. I know it's probably a load of bull but it's nice to dream.

I hope Jose gives Lakaku a real chance next season, he's a monster.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
As much as I like Ba, his nothing on his day compared to Torres when his on fire. I don't feel like we need another striker but if Jose does bring someone else in I would be more inclined to sell Ba than Torres. But I don't think we need another striker anyway, so hopefully we don't have to sell any of the two.

I feel sorry for Marin, I wanted to see more of him but he ended up coming on for like three games or something aha

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
No, you don't need another one. You just need Lukaku back and playing regularly. Sell Ba, have Torres and Lukaku as your main two - problem solved xD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Papers were saying Chelsea want Cavani and Hulk. Could be interesting.

Also interesting is the supposed 12 million pound West Ham bid for Wilfried Bony. A player I've really wanted to see in England for quite a while now.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Finally some solid looking transfer news at Norwich. It seems we're willing to pay PSV's 4.7 million pound asking price for their Sweden international forward Ola Toivonen. Can't say I know a lot about him but from his youtube vids he looks like a ready made Grant Holt replacement, especially the one where he elbows and gets people sent off.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
So Haiti(my home town) managed to make a 2-2 with Italy. So proud of them since we were terrible not so long ago. Also we lost 2-1 to Spain earlier with a wonderful goal.

Years
Finally some solid looking transfer news at Norwich. It seems we're willing to pay PSV's 4.7 million pound asking price for their Sweden international forward Ola Toivonen. Can't say I know a lot about him but from his youtube vids he looks like a ready made Grant Holt replacement, especially the one where he elbows and gets people sent off.

He played for PSV against us in a friendly nearly two years ago and I barely noticed him despite his blonde locks. Obviously it's one game so it can't really say much for the player's ability, another ambitious recruit for Norwich if it comes off.

That's a brilliant result for Haiti, I'm surprised it hasn't gained more coverage.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Indeed, that's a great result.

59 goals in 125 games playing as a support striker seems pretty good, even if it is in Holland. An upgrade on Chris Martin that's for sure. I just hope he's better than our last Swedish striker, Matt Svensson.

This got me thinking of any other Swedish imports at Norwich. Mattias Jonson. I remember looking at his goal record and thinking we'd picked up a bargain.
ntOAJuC.png

He did play in some pretty memorable games though.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha, nearly as good as Kleberson "the driving force behind Brazil's World Cup-winning side" who played 20 games and scored twice in two seasons xD

And wow, go Haiti! Also Armenia beat Denmark 4-0. Saw a tweet that someone had bet on that result, odds were 1000/1. #bookiebashing

Back