• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega Returns: Vote on stats for Mega Beartic!

Which stat spread should we give Mega Beartic?

• [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9712872&postcount=59"]Option One[/url]

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9713019&postcount=60"]Option Two[/url]

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9713120&postcount=61"]Option Three[/url]

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9716078&postcount=64"]Option Four[/url]

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9716129&postcount=65"]Option Five[/url]

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I could get behind Ice/Fighting. STAB Superpower is needed in the moveset lol.

Ice/Water for me is pretty boring, concept-wise. We already had a lot of those, canon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Did you know that polar bear liver is actually poisonous and eating one will likely cause you to contract Hypervitaminosis A? It used to be a major problem for Inuits who tried it for the first time. Bear meat when improperly cooked can also cause humans to contract trichinella, which requires an expensive and highly specialized treatment regimen of either thiabendazole or mebendazole. A man named Gerrit de Veer once wrote that during his travels to Nova Zemlya that his crew had become extremely ill after consuming the meat and liver of a polar bear.

You see, we really have an opportunity with this thread to try out new type combinations and interesting designs. Ice/Fighting is a been there, done that kinda thing. It's not particularly interesting when we already have not only Fighting-type Pokemon based on bears, but also another Ice/Fighting type introduced this past generation. Ice/Dark and Ice/Fairy are a bit more interesting to me. But you know what would be really interesting to me? Ice/Poison

Beartic is a good weather nuke, being able to function in either rain or hail. However, while its offensive typing is quite good, its defensive typing is terrible. Adding Poison type gives it some sorely needed resistances to Bug, Grass, Poison and Fairy, while also removing Beartic's Fighting weakness. This greatly increases the chance that Beartic can survive, say, a Mach Punch from a revenge killer. Also gives Beartic immunity to Toxic, which can otherwise greatly reduce the length of its sweep.

So there's my idea. Anyway, it's just a suggestion, and a crazy one at that. Thank you and good bye.

Years
I agree with the Ice/Water but I disagree with Ice/Poison. I also agree that this would give many resistances however it's weak to psychic, like Rabi said to Ice/Fighting. Also another reason I don't like this idea very much is because Beartic can't learn any poison type move except Toxic so that means no STAB move for the poison type. I don't know if Ice/Poison could workk

Sirfetch’d

fwiw, we could give it a Poison type Pixilate should we go with Ice/Poison, which I think is an incredibly unique and fun type. Sure we'd lose out on Slush Rush, but we could adjust the stats a bit to still make it viable. Slow bulky physical attacker could be a route we explore.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
fwiw, we could give it a Poison type Pixilate should we go with Ice/Poison, which I think is an incredibly unique and fun type. Sure we'd lose out on Slush Rush, but we could adjust the stats a bit to still make it viable. Slow bulky physical attacker could be a route we explore.

That is actually a great idea as giving it a powerful Poison-type nuke would give it a way to nail stuff that would otherwise give it a ton of trouble, including Azumarill, Unaware Clefable, Abomasnow, etc. It also gives Beartic a strong option against Fire-type switch-ins like Infernape, Entei, Torkoal and Victini. While most of these Pokemon wouldn't really want to stomach a Superpower, a Poison-type Return would receive STAB and come without any drawbacks.

Sirfetch’d

I voted for Fighting and Poison as secondary typings. As much sense as Water makes, I don't know if it could ever really make use of Aqua Jet enough as STAB. At least with Poison we could do a Poison type Pixilate which would make sense.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I voted for Fighting and Poison as secondary typings. As much sense as Water makes, I don't know if it could ever really make use of Aqua Jet enough as STAB. At least with Poison we could do a Poison type Pixilate which would make sense.
Pretty much every Swords Dance user runs STAB priority if they have it, though. Aqua Jet is even more relevant if it keeps Swift Swim, which gives rain teams an alternative to Mega Swampert. It also beats Grass-types for rain teams.
Doesn't even really need a Poison-type Pixilate, to be honest. If we're going to give it something, I reckon a move in Poison Jab/Gunk Shot would suffice. That way we also get to keep Slush Rush :D.
I don't think we're allowed to give it new moves, since Pokemon only get new moves as a result of a new generation, new move tutors, etc. and not because of their Mega. It's up to gimmepie. If we can't add new moves, an -ate ability is required unless we think that Poison-type's defensive uses are worth it, which is debatable. Poison Mega Beartic still loses to most Fairy-types aside from Tapu Bulu and Tapu Lele. Poison is useful for Grass-types at least, and it removes Beartic's weakness to Fighting.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
Merciless could work.

Can we suggest new abilities?

Acid Snow: Upon being effected by a fire type move(being hit by a fire move/status or impacted by sunny day), acid snow melts and releases harsh toxins to the battle field inflicting poison statuses on all other pokemon. [ability only activates once per battle]

Acid snow is produced in exactly the same way as acid rain. It all starts when sulphur dioxide and nitrogen oxides are emitted into the atmosphere, typically by power stations burning fossil fuels. Inside clouds, these molecules react with tiny droplets of water to form sulphuric and nitric acids. The water eventually falls as drops of acid rain, or, if it is cold enough, ice crystals form and fall as acid snow. Acid snow can be particularly damaging since it can accumulate on the ground, before abruptly releasing a large quantity of acidic water into the environment when it melts.

Years
So, considering Beartic's lack of Poison moves, obviously we need a Poison-typed Pixielate or something I'd say. But how about instead of increasing the power of moves affected by the ability, we give them a good chance of poisoning the target?

Years
So something like poison touch? I'm not sure, i think i prefer a poison type pixielate tbh but I wouldn't mind the other ability

Sirfetch’d

Acid Snow is way too convoluted as a Pokemon ability IMO. Fun yes, but not practical at all. I'd much prefer a Poison type Pixilate so that it can make use of it's powerful Return as a STAB.

Years
So something like poison touch? I'm not sure, i think i prefer a poison type pixielate tbh but I wouldn't mind the other ability

Sort of. Basically something like Return would become Poison-typed to get the STAB, but also gain like a 30% chance to Poison or something.

Back