• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
you have to set it Flash 128k on your emulator. are you using VBA?

VBA? I'm new to this lol. I used PurpleFire's "How to Download & Patch Pokemon Gaia Rom Hack V3.2 [PC 2019]" video to walk me through but it didn't tell how to fix that.I really don't know much about pc versions of Pokemon. I'm not that tech savvy, nor do i check this site a lot so sorry for responding after so long.

Years
Lol i JUST realized VBA means VisualBoyAdvance. Yes i'm using that. does that one not work and i'm supposed to use a different launcher?

Is it VBA Beta 3 or VBALink? Regardless of the version, both of them can run the game, but VBALink is much better in my opinion as it is much faster. Regarding your saving issue, just click on
options and click emulator. Under the emulator tab, click save type then put a check on Flash, and also select Flash 128k to fix the 1m-sub circuit board issue.

Years
Is it VBA Beta 3 or VBALink? Regardless of the version, both of them can run the game, but VBALink is much better in my opinion as it is much faster. Regarding your saving issue, just click on
options and click emulator. Under the emulator tab, click save type then put a check on Flash, and also select Flash 128k to fix the 1m-sub circuit board issue.

Thank you so very much! the step-by-step really helped too, as i'm horrible with directions lol

Years

I just tried it, and it didn't work? i have the flash now set to128k, but it still has the same issue? I also checked flash itself, But the same thing keeps happening.

NVM IT STARTED WORKING! I JUST HAD TO GIVE IT A MINUTE. IM A DUMBA$$ SORRY

Last edited:
Years

Okay... sorry for spamming you, but no buttons are working to move the text? i've clicked everything on the keyboard and nothing. Do you possibly know whats going on?

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
Arkatoz Island is probably home to the big final dungeon location that's explorable after you visit Katosurf Island and Ovarr Town. Also, will braille be in the game for obtaining Regice, Regirock, Registeel, and Regigigas?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 14, 2020
Ok guys I just made an account, I'm sorry I know little to nothing about how these roms work. I started playing Pokemon Gaia from this website Emulator Online and it linked me to this website Play Emulator. I've been playing through and now I'm at precimos island, I've beat the gym leader, and done the 4519 room and everything. There is still a hotel guy blocking the upper rooms saying it's for paying guests only. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't have time to start the game all over

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 14, 2020
Alright So i figured out I was playing the wrong version of the game the whole time. If anyone has a savestate after beating or before the Precimos Island gym I would greatly appreciate it!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 30, 2020
yo! aight so ive been playing on the VBA for literal years all different games and rom hacks but this is the first time a rom isn't working for me both the normal rom and the randomizer rom aren't working it comes up with (no image found on zip fie) and (unsupported file type)

im on flash 128k and stuff can anyone help an OG pokemon trainer

MysteryGift

disassembly tinkerer / pkmnubuntu dev
Years
I can never get over how great this ROM hack looks. Great graphical assets. Every time I play Gaia it makes me want to spend more of my time doing ROM hacking!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2020
hey! first off, incredible rom hack, thank you for the awesome work! everything feels really well polished.

i've run into 2 bugs:
1. not important/gamebreaking but some pokemon names will have a white gender symbol (instead of blue/pink). i haven't been able to consistently reproduce this issue.
2. sort of gamebreaking
Spoiler:

playing on mGBA 0.8.1 with Gaia 3.2

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 15, 2020
Will you put gen 7 pokemon in the next update? Also, when will the next update come? Great game, by the way. Best I've ever played.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I have to say that this pokemon hack Version is the best ive ever played! Congratulations to the team!
Wanted to know, is the V4 will ever exist? ^^

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 20, 2020
A few Bugs i noticed in pokemon gaia

- when i finished the game(beat champion) one of the pokemons of my team(my weavile) was changed for an ivysaur in the hall of fame.
-in telmurk city, in special poke ball's house, if you run to the right wall of the house, you go out of the screen.
Does this happened someone???

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 21, 2020
Ahhh it's beautiful I just won the league and in the hall of fame my froslass is a ratata..... such a pretty froslass

Back