• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Well, i didn't play gold for long time....i think i'm gonna restart my poor old GBC !

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
BTW, Zel tell us, are you planing remake of POKEMON SILVER VERSION by modify SHINY GOLD?

Nope. Zel, maybe you should put that on the front page? A lot of people (including me:embarrass) probably expect/expected you to make Shiny Silver.

Just doing what I can to help with the hack...boards, lol. Good luck with the hack, I hope people don't expose so many bugs this time around...I can't wait for Octember!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
wow those screenies look great, I can't believe its coming along so quickly. Also its good to see that theres so many rivals.

Can't wait for B3! (but take your time, I'd rather wait to play a reasonably bug-free game than to play a game packed full of bugs tomorrow).

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
What's Mt. Mortar?!?! I don't remember that one! But great screens anyway! Too many exclamination marks. Okay I've been wondering this ever since I've finished what we able to be finished in B2, when we start playing B3, will we have to re-start ALL OVER AGAIN from the beggining just to get to/past Olivine City's Lighthouse?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
What's Mt. Mortar?!?! I don't remember that one! But great screens anyway! Too many exclamination marks. Okay I've been wondering this ever since I've finished what we able to be finished in B2, when we start playing B3, will we have to re-start ALL OVER AGAIN from the beggining just to get to/past Olivine City's Lighthouse?

mt mortar is the cave between ecruteack and mahogony its the cave where you battle the karate king guy and get a tyroge and yea btw zel will he be in there? and yes you will have to start over becuase you need to patch it to a clean fire red rom

Last edited:
Years

I hope we don't have to start over. All my pokes are in the thirties!
If so i will just shark my old pokes in.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
What's wrong with doing it all again guys? As for me, I plan to play the game when it's done. ;) And Mt. Mortar? That place was a nuisance...at least you can skip it, from what I remember! :P

zel said:
How many rivals... It depends on my inspiration, but so far we have 6, and 1 more coming... But they don't always battle, so we won't be battling every second against a rival, haha!

I see...show-offs who can't battle. LOL Well, maybe some of these 'rivals' could always be your fans/stalkers, who follow you around from time to time and what-not! :D Besides, I think these rivals should get a life! :laugh:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2008
where the game ends now, how close is that to the end of the game? i mean like is it close to going back to kanto etc?

this looks amazing, please keep it up and dont let this topic die like a lot of the others

oh and also will this have EVERYTHING the old gold had with extras or are you leaving some stuff out?

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
Years
Oh now i remember Mt.Mortar i remember in the outside of the cave the most (its where i saw Raikou for the first time XD )

I was thinking it was the whirl islands where you get Lugia.

And if we can get the "Gs Ball" how will we get it (from some guy,rival,pokemon etc.)"

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
hey zel! thanks for replying to my messages!

anyways! great screens again!

oh and new banner! but this time, its not about shiny gold!

its about them PIRATES!!

ive seen lately alot of people with "SAY NO TO PIRATES" on their sigs, typed

well they dont have to anymore!

pirateswi9.gif

everyone is free to use it, SAY NO TO PIRATES!

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Once again, the more screenshots you show, the more i want the hack to come sooner, in a way its kind of cruel(because you make all of us more eager), but at least your showing us how much progress you have made zel:D , btw how many more rivals do you think you have in this hack? About the berries, is there another way to gain more berries instead of collecting them from apricorn trees or is that havent been decided? Please show screenshots of the Tin Tower.

Nice pirate banner flipboi:D , but i dont think zel wants to deal with more banners.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
I agree with Shurikenway. Those screenshots really depict Johto like the original do, and Zel is working hard, just to give this Pokemon hacking world a good hack to play. Hey, may I ask, (and I'm not sure if this has been asked before, because I'm not bothered to go through this thread - it's one long thread) but under curiousity, since you're a Spanish0speaker, will there be a Spanish version of SG for all those Spaniards out there?

Also, flipboi, I like that banner. I'll use it instead of my lame: Say no to :pirate: ; say yes to ;) .

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
thanks goku goku and shurikinway!

yeh, i kno zel has alot of banners (mainly from me lol)

but i dont mind if he doesnt put it up, its just for everyone saying no to PIRATES~

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
So we have to start over. That's what I thought. Ummm great banner. I'm in a weird mood since I just replied to a bad hack's thread saying it was bad (not specifying what thread and what hack). But now I remember what Mt. Mortar is. Reason I didn't know it is because when GSC came out I was way too impatient to go in there when you could simply surf across. So to be honest I think I've never been in there xD. Well, since the new graphics will be applied in Zel's hack (by new graphics I mean 3rd gen graphics) then I will go in there and not skip it for the 4th time. I like that we have to restart in a way because it gives me a second chance to well train that Treecko. I mean mine's only at Lv.7! I just like training new low level pokemon by battling trainers. But the fact that you have to restart just makes you want to wait for the final version of the game. Great thing is, in B3, it will be much worth while because of the obtainable running shoes! To be honest I'm too lazy to go to Bag>>Key Items>>Bycicle>>Register and when I do, I usually forgot I registered it. It's so much easier just to hold B. Zel, awesome screenies, did I say that already? If I did, good. I want to really mean it.

Well, I typed long to make up for the time I haven't been showing up at this forum very much. I shall stop typing now.

Zel, great screens, nothing new (the fact that they are great). Keep up the good work. << There I go again xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
oh and also will this have EVERYTHING the old gold had with extras or are you leaving some stuff out?

It obviously won't have some things, such as day/night, mystery gift (in the way it was styled in GSC), and it probably won't have that one trainer place in Viridian City, where you could rebattle who you battled last with a link cable. It will have extras, though, like new rivals, obvious third gen stuff (Running shoes and stuff like that), and a new version is being released titled, Shiny Gold X, and it will be much harder. I also belive it was this forum that said he would allow you to get more than 1 masterball, but it would be difficult...maybe that was a different hack.

I think he said he was at 6 rivals, but I'm not sure, and he might add more.

Questions like this I should probably let Zel answer, but I've got that darn answering bug again. In classes, on boards, I NEED SOMETHING TO ANSWER!! Gah...*smashes head against keyboard* :tired:

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008

It obviously won't have some things, such as day/night, mystery gift (in the way it was styled in GSC), and it probably won't have that one trainer place in Viridian City, where you could rebattle who you battled last with a link cable. It will have extras, though, like new rivals, obvious third gen stuff (Running shoes and stuff like that), and a new version is being released titled, Shiny Gold X, and it will be much harder. I also belive it was this forum that said he would allow you to get more than 1 masterball, but it would be difficult...maybe that was a different hack.

I think he said he was at 6 rivals, but I'm not sure, and he might add more.

Questions like this I should probably let Zel answer, but I've got that darn answering bug again. In classes, on boards, I NEED SOMETHING TO ANSWER!! Gah...*smashes head against keyboard* :tired:

Well i got one question if you want to answer it, why we need Mystery gift in the first place, and could zel possibly make a battle tower thing to replace the trainer area in Viridain?

Years
To Zel, I Thought that ShinyGold will need a new Deoxys, so Here it is.
(pic in sig)

-Shiny Gold Deoxys (HP)-

<Base Stats>

HP---------- 190
Atk--------- 80
Def--------- 90
Sp. Atk----- 80
Sp. Def----- 90
Spd--------- 80

I am prepared to make backpics etc; if you wish.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
XD Can't go away for some time, else I get a lot of stuff to answer XD

BTW, Zel tell us, are you planing remake of POKEMON SILVER VERSION by modify SHINY GOLD?

There's really no sense at making a Silver version, since, well, the only reason Silver showed up was just to complete Nintendo's evil marketing strategy of needing two games to really complete the game... Ehhmmm... I won't talk too much about that, it's just some discrepancy I have with Nintendo... XD

Okay I've been wondering this ever since I've finished what we able to be finished in B2, when we start playing B3, will we have to re-start ALL OVER AGAIN from the beggining just to get to/past Olivine City's Lighthouse?

You can always try to see what happens, but I don't want to hear complains when things don't work as they should! :)

Your question 'bout Kanto is answered in my FAQs. And the other thing, my motto is "If it happens in Gold, I'll do what I can to make it happen in SG", of course, a few things won't be possible... Sigh...

And if we can get the "Gs Ball" how will we get it (from some guy,rival,pokemon etc.)"

It's still not decided...

oh and new banner! but this time, its not about shiny gold!
its about them PIRATES!!
ive seen lately alot of people with "SAY NO TO PIRATES" on their sigs, typed
well they dont have to anymore!
pirateswi9.gif

everyone is free to use it, SAY NO TO PIRATES!

Haha! Nice one, I think I'll add it to my signature also... Haha!!!

Once again, the more screenshots you show, the more i want the hack to come sooner, in a way its kind of cruel(because you make all of us more eager), but at least your showing us how much progress you have made zel:D , btw how many more rivals do you think you have in this hack? About the berries, is there another way to gain more berries instead of collecting them from apricorn trees or is that havent been decided? Please show screenshots of the Tin Tower.

Another way of getting berries...? How about a Berry Shop in Kanto? (that's something I thought a lot ago, but since I was so far away from Kanto...)

I agree with Shurikenway. Those screenshots really depict Johto like the original do, and Zel is working hard, just to give this Pokemon hacking world a good hack to play. Hey, may I ask, (and I'm not sure if this has been asked before, because I'm not bothered to go through this thread - it's one long thread) but under curiousity, since you're a Spanish0speaker, will there be a Spanish version of SG for all those Spaniards out there?

There's already a translated patch (made by Fedex) of B2, which is posted in WAH, courtesy of Sergio... Since soon B3 will be coming, I guess I'll need a new translation (this time Fedex is busy with his hack, so I can't bother him, so it may be a while...)

Well i got one question if you want to answer it, why we need Mystery gift in the first place, and could zel possibly make a battle tower thing to replace the trainer area in Viridain?

Ehhmmm... I don't know... But Mystery Gift happened in Gold, so I had to put it, somehow... (I don't know about Mystery Gift in any version, by the way... :D)
The Trainer Area (that one where you battled against CAL, right?) will be in SG, so there's no need to replace it.

Cheer up guys! It's not that bad to restart... Take my example... I had to restart the adventure, and right now I'm enjoying two shinies... :laugh:

Well... Let's see how many screenshots I have... Quite a lot yet... I'm gonna post a few more this time...

image40ji5.png
image41tp5.png
image42zu5.png
image43pn9.png
image44dk2.png
image45ro6.png
image46yq3.png
image47lk4.png

^this screenshot has a thunder right at that moment, of course, I was waiting for it... XD
Of course, two slight problems: I haven't sprited the Gyarados (I'd need its side and back sprites, and I'm always scared of using other people's sprites... if I don't really know them...), also Lance doesn't have his "walking" sprites, so he just... well, you can imagine it... XD
Just spriting issues... Don't get mad at me for not taking care of them yet, ok? ;)

I've decided the official release date for SG and SGX, it's this next Sunday! So stay tuned! (This time I'll just upload it directly in the post. Take care of the List of Glitches, and also add a few FAQs to my unread list... XD)

Since it took me a lot of time to write this post, I can faint in peace... :knockedou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back