• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Chrome

Where/When should Beta 1.0 End?

• The Second Gym

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • The Third Gym

Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Come on! Just release it now!

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • I honestly don't care.

Votes: 12 11.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I've got good news, and bad news.

Most Unfortunate News

The bad news is less updates due to school starting tomorrow. I'll be hacking less and away from the computer more :(

Good News!

Alright, lets hear the good stuff!

I've been following JPAN's Fire Red Berry system with RTC. I''ve looked into it, and decided to put it on pokemon Chrome! His engine is written from scratch, and is a hybrid of RSE and DPPt ;)

Berry System Features:
  1. Planting System
  2. Watering System
  3. Mulch System!!!
  4. Stages Based on Time!

Planned Extra Features:
  1. Apricorns
  2. Flowers?
  3. Easter Egg Trees (Money, potion, ect)

Kininja

Where is Wally?
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2011
The bad news is less updates due to school starting tomorrow. I'll be hacking less and away from the computer more :(

D: Oh no not school!

Berry System Features:
  1. Planting System
  2. Watering System
  3. Mulch System!!!
  4. Stages Based on Time!
Planned Extra Features:
  1. Apricorns
  2. Flowers?
  3. Easter Egg Trees (Money, potion, ect)

All sounds good
the hack looks cool too
i like the d&n system and the lit up windows

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Ummm....?

Text going over the box hasn't caught your attention? The only reason it does that is because you exceeded the character limit and is fixed extremely easily. People have all the right to fret over such thing; it's very annoying and distracting. If you do not have the patience to fix such a thing it means you are either very lazy, or do not have enough time to work on it; both of which are bad have things to have if you are hacking. If it is the latter, like you are saying it is, then okay, but you will eventually fix it right?

Anyway, looks promising. Too bad I won't be able to play it now.

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2019
Looks very well done. Hopefully new hero OW's will be released as the icing on the cake. Keep it up, will definately play.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
I think you have a very excellent story idea. Mysterious. I think, though, that putting original music into the hack would be great, because if you use the music from game freak you are technically stealing from them (though I'm using the regi battle theme during my hack...)

Shiny Quagsire

Years

More New Tiles, and a Side Quest

I've added some lovely beach tiles! Creadit again goes to WesleyFG ;P
Pokemon-Chrome_01.png
Pokemon-Chrome_02.png
Pokemon-Chrome_03.png

Pokemon-Chrome_04.png
Pokemon-Chrome_05.png

Oh, I should note that Pokemon Chrome's demo is coming soon! I'm just tidying up a bit ;)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
You've probably fixed this but:

Pokemon-Chrome_01.png

Under the air bed and parasol shade, the sand tiles look wrongly ordered. Just a little mistake that is easy to fix.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
In the fifth screenie in your last post, There's a tile error in the top where the water shows up. But other than that, no problems. I'm definately going to play this one!!!

Shiny Quagsire

Years
You've probably fixed this but:

Pokemon-Chrome_01.png

Under the air bed and parasol shade, the sand tiles look wrongly ordered. Just a little mistake that is easy to fix.
that's fixed.

In the fifth screenie in your last post, There's a tile error in the top where the water shows up. But other than that, no problems. I'm definately going to play this one!!!
and that's Fixed ;)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I love it dude :)

:O Demo out soon
Should be good the amount of video updates
and screeens here.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Gah! Too much homework XD
Anyways, here's an update!

Update!

In my last update, I was going to put in a berry system. But, that's on hold for now, as it has been giving me trouble and delaying progress. However, there's something better, done by myself (With help from colcolstyles and zodiacdagreat for simple explanations on how to do it)

I've been studying...

..about how pallets in a tileset are loaded. I've been occupied by searching the rom for this routine, and I've found it. Why is it so important? For seasons! As of now, I am hacking the routine to check the season, and load the pallet differently. Here's how it works:

Dec-Feb:Winter
Mar-Aug:Normal
Sep-Nov: Fall

And here's a preview of one of those seasons!!
4rb9r5.jpg

Future ASM Hacks...

1. Different animations for all pokemon :3
  2. Better animation loading possibly
  3. And more to come...

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Gah! Too much homework XD
Anyways, here's an update!

Update!

In my last update, I was going to put in a berry system. But, that's on hold for now, as it has been giving me trouble and delaying progress. However, there's something better, done by myself (With help from colcolstyles and zodiacdagreat for simple explanations on how to do it)

I've been studying...

..about how pallets in a tileset are loaded. I've been occupied by searching the rom for this routine, and I've found it. Why is it so important? For seasons! As of now, I am hacking the routine to check the season, and load the pallet differently. Here's how it works:

Dec-Feb:Winter
Mar-Aug:Normal
Sep-Nov: Fall

And here's a preview of one of those seasons!!
4rb9r5.jpg

Future ASM Hacks...

1. Different animations for all pokemon :3
  2. Better animation loading possibly
  3. And more to come...
woah is that even possible..cool,love the changing seasons thingi,care to share with others how you do it?..lol.jk2..
anyway,nice update[we all busy with school too,ahahax]..anyway,i love the palletes for the snow,they look cool

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022

woah is that even possible..cool,love the changing seasons thingi,care to share with others how you do it?..lol.jk2..
anyway,nice update[we all busy with school too,ahahax]..anyway,i love the palletes for the snow,they look cool

He used a routine similar to that of day and night which changes the pallets used according to what season it is. In this games case, Winter, Normal, Fall.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022

Yeah,i guess thAt,kinda cool to know we can do much with one tool

Well since Shiny Quagsire seems to have a knack at ASM I believe he may have made his own routine. I am not sure but it is still a bit different of how Day and Night works....

Anyways it will be a good feature :). Best of luck on this...

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
This is a really good idea if you can get it implemented! :D
In the picture of the winter season is that the same map as before but with a white palette?
Or are there different tiles used? and if so how will your routine change tiles. e.g. from tree to tree covered in snow.

Shiny Quagsire

Years
Well since Shiny Quagsire seems to have a knack at ASM I believe he may have made his own routine. I am not sure but it is still a bit different of how Day and Night works....

Anyways it will be a good feature :). Best of luck on this...

Yeah, it's a bit different. The day and night adds to the pallet, this just hacks it altogether.

This is a really good idea if you can get it implemented! :D
In the picture of the winter season is that the same map as before but with a white palette?
Or are there different tiles used? and if so how will your routine change tiles. e.g. from tree to tree covered in snow.

It's already halfway implemented. I just need to hack in my routine.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Tile errors in the middle of the map. Dude, that stuff is like awesome. Maybe Nintendo was planning to do this with the snow animation they put into the game? But, i guess they weren't good stuff and just put it aside for SQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back