• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eeveelution team critique?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
So yeah, yet another Eevee evo's team, will be used on wifi/rating for a bit of fun, though I want a chance at victory lol, think they have item clause on rating hence me having to use different items, critique please?

1) Espeon @ leftovers (Magic bounce)
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 Def, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def

Moves:
Calm mind
Stored power
HP fighting
Morning sun

2) Vaporeon @ sitrus berry (Water absorb)
EV's 252 Def, 252 HP, 2 Sp. Def

Moves:
Baton pass
Acid armour
Scald
Substitute

3) Sylveon @ Life orb (Pixilate)
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Sp. Att, 252 HP, 4 Def.

Moves:
Calm mind
Hyper voice
Shadow ball
Hidden power rock (honestly not sure what to put here, this is to annihilate any Zard Y's, though HP ground might be better for the likes of Heatran)

4) Jolteon @ Choice specs (Volt absorb)
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Sp. att, 252 Speed, 4HP

Moves:
Thunderbolt
Volt switch
Signal beam
HP ice

5) Leafeon @ Focus sash (Chlorophyll)
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 Att, 252 speed, 4 HP

Moves:
Swords dance
Leaf blade
Return
Heal bell

6) Umbreon @ lum berry (Synchronize)
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 4 Def.

Moves:
Protect
Wish
Toxic
Foul play

So the general plan is Vaporeon will pass def boosts over to Espeon, who will then calm mind boost a few times and hopefully sweep with stored power. Obviously Vaporeon could potentially pass it elsewhere, Sylveon a good recipient, but Espeon is the focus.

Sylveon does what it does, get one calm mind boost ideally then just fire off hyper voice until it drops generally.

Jolteon again, firing off thunderbolt, or switching for momentum.

Leafeon idea is to SD, survive any SE special attacks with the sash, and assuming no priority, proceed to do as much damage as it can, probably the weakest build out of the team IMO.

Umbreon just standard toxic stall,wish passing.

So yeah that's the idea, Leafeon is the one I'm least sure about. Alternative could be the usual guts toxic orb Flareon, but I've never used it and been concerned about its slow speed along with being pretty fragile, especially physically, where a lot of physical mons seem to be around.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I can't help much due to the fact my Eeveelution teams are always full Baton Pass teams and I can't seem to get my mind around helping without changing it to how I would build it.

My reason for messaging is I like Leafeon on a Eeveelution team. You said you were unsure about it in your post so I figured I would tell you. It is the best Physical Attacker Eevee has to offer.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Espeon should have Baton Pass itself so that it can pass the boosts to the next Pokemon. Dazzling Gleam is also preferred over HP Fighting so that Espeon can hit Dark Pokemon harder.

Since this is a Baton Pass team (semi), Sylveon can act as an alternate win condition:
-Calm Mind
-Substitute/Wish
-Baton Pass
-Hyper Voice/Echoed Voice
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Espeon should have Baton Pass itself so that it can pass the boosts to the next Pokemon. Dazzling Gleam is also preferred over HP Fighting so that Espeon can hit Dark Pokemon harder.

Since this is a Baton Pass team (semi), Sylveon can act as an alternate win condition:
-Calm Mind
-Substitute/Wish
-Baton Pass
-Hyper Voice/Echoed Voice
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate

Thanks to both of you...

Okay totally derped about fairy and forgot it was SE on dark, will swap to gleam.

So with Espeon I assume you'd ditch morning sun for the baton? Then I just pass when I think it'll take the next hit (so be able to pass, as it usually goes second) but die after that or something?

Hmm see what you mean about Sylveon, suppose if Vaporeon can manage to get off two acid armours and pass, it's a much better potential wall than Espeon, so healing via wish should be doable. Only thing is is item clause, atm Espeon has lefties, if you want sylveon to ditch being a life orb attacker and be defensive, what would you give Espeon?

My only concern about the team in general is relatively frailty, but I sort of prefer this passing boosts to dual screens Espeon. Hope gen 7 gives me two new Eeeveelutions, ghost and steel please.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Keep the Life Orb on Sylveon or give it to Espeon. If you're going to sweep with either of them then you might as well pick the one who you use the most and slap the Life Orb to it.

You should also look into Double Edge over Return and using a Silk Scarf over the Focus Sash (since recoil damage negates the sash) on Leafeon.

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 4, 2017
Keep the Life Orb on Sylveon or give it to Espeon. If you're going to sweep with either of them then you might as well pick the one who you use the most and slap the Life Orb to it.

You should also look into Double Edge over Return and using a Silk Scarf over the Focus Sash (since recoil damage negates the sash) on Leafeon.
Life Orb also takes away health, so you have to account for the damage or plan on not keeping it around very long if something goes wrong.

Also, Return is actually the better option over Double Edge because of the huge recoil of Double Edge, unless the user has Rock Head or something to prevent recoil.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Also, Return is actually the better option over Double Edge because of the huge recoil of Double Edge, unless the user has Rock Head or something to prevent recoil.
Better =/= safer. The recoil damage can be mitigated with the use of Wish passing, plus the fact that Leafeon is so damn bulky. In a metagame that is focused more in bulk, dealing as much damage as you can is the best thing you can do.

Back