• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Oh just posting for an update and to say that I had a name change...So can you please edit first post? (Old name: Blazeavile, New: Korova.)

UPDATE:

After a few days of solid playing on my LG..I did everything until Fuschia city..

Do I have to post it all?

I got the gold teeth and from there I got the HM that came with it...Haven't attempted Koga yet.

TEAM:

pkfrlg057.png

Primeape lv42

-Aerial Ace
-Mega Punch
-Cross Chop
-Karate Chop

pkfrlg067.png

Machoke lv37

-Revenge
-Rock Slide
-Foresight
-Vital Throw

pkfrlg062.png

Poliwrath lv35

-Surf
-Hypnosis
-Brick Break
-Dig

HM SLAVES:

dpiconani002.gif

dpiconani021.gif

Sorry for the lazy Update >.>

500th POST!!!!

EDIT:

As I have never played it..

Can someone tell me what Fighting types are available in Johto?

Last edited:

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
E4 blog

Sidney - Ground over Darkness
Id say this was the 2nd easiest battle. His powerhouse (Abosl) was 2HKOd by Roll (the weakest in my party). His grass-types were taken down with Blue's Ice Beam and Sandy took care of the rest.

Phoebe - Ghostkilla
Tough battle, but still not a challenge. Sandy and Blue did most of the work, with some help from Clay. She and Steven were the only ones who managed to KO at least one of my pokemon. After I sent her ghosts back to the grave, i moved on to challenge Glacia...

Glacia - Turning the Tables
I only used Blue in this one. Double Team came in handy, as I spammed it at first, then I defeated her pokemon with Surf and Mud Shot. It was the toughest E4 battle. Then I went to see "the truly fearsome side of the pokemon league"...

Drake - Owning the Dragons
Easiest battle by far. Just needed blue, and he barely left a scratch on him. 4 Ice Beams were enough to bring down Shelgon, and then Swampert OHKOd the rest using that move. After he got OWNED in two secs, I moved on to own the Champion.

Steven - Ground vs Steel
Vulcan OHKOd his Skarmory and Metagross using Eruption; Blue took care of Aggron and Claydol and, with the help of Sandy, managed to KO his fossils (armaldo and Cradily). No challenge at all, this is by far the easiest E4. Too bad Blue learned Earthquake ater the match :(

Now the final Team:

Blue - Lv 52
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Double Team

Sandy - Lv 51
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Crunch
Fly

Clay - Lv 49
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Ancientpower
Cosmic Power

Vulcan - Lv 48
Amnesia
Eruption
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Roll - Lv 48
Brick Break
Rock Tomb
Earthquake
Defense Curl

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
-Went through Diglett's cave
-Got Bicycle using my ticket
-Headed to Rock tunnel and passed through it without Flash
-Pondered over Mr Fuji's disappearance
-Reached Celadon City and beat Erika! 4th badge! GET!

Current Normal team:

PIDJO (Pidgeotto)
lvl33
rbspr017.png

-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

SNIPPER (Rattata)
lvl30
rbspr019.png

-Tackle
-Dig
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

PLUSHY (Wigglytuff)
lvl32
rbspr040.png

-Body Slam
-Submission
-Ice Beam
-Water Gun

CAT (Meowth)
lvl31
rbspr052.png

-Thunderbolt
-Growl
-Bite
-Payday

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
Just a small update :3

Defeated Koga...He gave me alot of greif...But a revive on Primeape did the trick.

After that I did a bit of grinding...

TEAM

pkfrlg057.png

Primeape lv43

-Aerial Ace
-Mega Punch
-Cross Chop
-Karate Chop

pkfrlg067.png

Machoke lv40

-Revenge
-Rock Slide
-Foresight
-Vital Throw

pkfrlg062.png

Poliwrath lv40

-Surf
-Hypnosis
-Brick Break
-Dig

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
As I have never played it..

Can someone tell me what Fighting types are available in Johto?
[/B]

Your first fighting type will be before the THIRD gym... And that's going to require a lot of resetting. Save before talking to the guy near the daycare. Take the egg, and hatch it, it has a chance of being a Tyrogue, who can evolve into Hitmonlee, top, or chan :P

After you get to goldenrod, there's a guy there who will trade a machop for an abra.

There's also another Tyrogue later on, as well as Poliwag after the ice gym...

There aren't many fighting types in Johto :P

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
Years
Your first fighting type will be before the THIRD gym... And that's going to require a lot of resetting. Save before talking to the guy near the daycare. Take the egg, and hatch it, it has a chance of being a Tyrogue, who can evolve into Hitmonlee, top, or chan :P

After you get to goldenrod, there's a guy there who will trade a machop for an abra.

He can always get Poliwag using the old rod at route 31. It worked for me!
However, you're going to have to go to route 42 and get Fisherman Tully's phone number. The route is the one which has Mt. Mortar in, sometimes he phones you up and gives you a water stone. This'll allow you to grab Poliwrath substantially earlier than I could've in my 2nd generation challenge.

Tony Montana

Years

Don't forget about Heracross, who appears in Headbutt trees (in Ilex forest if I remember correctly) :P

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
Years
Chapter 4: VS Erika
Obtaining the Thunderbadge, I decided to put away some unnecessary items into my PC. After that, I had to return back to Cerulean City for a bike I could use for Cycling Road. Once that was done, I went on my way getting towards Rock Tunnel.

Entering Rock Tunnel, I used my TM slave Jigglypuff for Flash, defeating the trainers for good experience. Making my way into Lavender Town, I just went to the Pokemon Tower to take out Blue. Once that was done, I went to Celadon City while trying to skip the trainers. (I'll go back once I get my other two wanted Pokemon).

Entering Celadon City, I went straight to the Game Corner to fight Giovanni. There were alot of items and TMs for me to use (The space in the bags are so small) Giovanni was easy to fight against due to the fact that he uses ground type. The Kanghaskhan could only use Comet Punch before fainting. Clearing Giovanni and getting the Sliph Scope, ready to find a Gastly.

Heading off to Saffron City, I bought a Lemonade to get in. Once I was in, I got the TM Psychic for a Gastly. Coming back to Pokemon Tower, I caught a Gastly and quickly evolved it into a Haunter; teaching it Psychic. Sweeping through the trainers, I got a Poke Flute for Snorlax.

I quickly biked through Cycling Road, and headed straight for the Safari Zone, look for one more poison type. I encountered a Nidorina and trained it a little around Cycling Road's grass area. During my time in Safari Zone, I got a Gold Teeth and Surf.

Back in Celadon, I evolved my Nidorina into a Nidoqueen to use Surf and Strength. Once that was all cleared, I went back to the last route to train Nidoqueen a little. Finishing that I went to fight Erika.

Challenging Erika, I got to fight against her grass-types. Victreebel and Tangela tried to last with Wrap and Bind, but couldn't cut it. Vileplume however, put up a nice fight (just because I was asleep) I had earned myself a Rainbowbadge, heading back down to Fuschia City.

Battle VS Erika
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypU3m8ypjvA

Current Team:
Venus (Venusaur)
Level: 33
Spr_1b_003.png

Cut
Poisonpowder
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

Beedrill
Level: 34
Spr_1b_015.png

Poison Sting
Twineedle
Fury Attack
Focus Energy

Golbat
Spr_1b_042.png

Leech Life
Wing Attack
Bite
Confuse Ray

Gloom
Spr_1b_044.png

Absorb
Poisonpowder
Acid
Sleep Powder

Haunter
Spr_1b_093.png

Hypnosis
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Psychic

Nidoqueen
Level: 33
Spr_1b_031.png

Bite
Surf
Poison Sting
Strength

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Er.. I would love to re-enter the challenge from where I left off, Sapphire. Thanks.I'll just start over. Hm.. YOU guys choose the type I'll use. I'll be more interactive-y with this one. Posting after every major event, letting you guys critique my team etc.. But yeah, I am re-entering because I can't let my friend(Dante the Demon Fae) beat this before me. So, to see what type is the "winner" the first one with three votes will be it. Er.. exclude Ghost, Ice, and Dragon. They are rare, and my link is away, so I can't trade.//I'll also be using an EMULATOR! I will post proof! No more calling me a cheater/no more possibility of me cheating!

Poison: 1

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Don't forget about Heracross, who appears in Headbutt trees (in Ilex forest if I remember correctly) :P

No, he's in azalea town :P

I grabbed one in my playthrough for my bug team... I forgot her was part fighting XD

And to aga: How about Poison?

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
Years
Okay, Blue Version's done!!!! Here's my final team:

Tangela Lv51
rbspr114.png

-Mega Drain
-Bind
-Slam
-Stun Spore

Parasect Lv51
rbspr047.png

-Slash
-Dig
-Leech Life
-Spore

Exeggutor Lv52
rbspr103.png

-Psychic
-Hypnosis
-Reflect
-Explosion

Venusaur Lv50
rbspr003.png

-Razor Leaf
-Poisonpowder
-Leech Seed
-Body Slam

Victreebel Lv52
rbspr071.png

-Razor Leaf
-Acid
-Wrap
-Stun Spore

Well, now I'm going on to Silver version, but I'm going to be juggling it along with school now that the spring semester has started.

(Oh, and Aga...something, Rock seems to be pretty lonely, and it's actually a pretty good type too.)

Tony Montana

Years
Er.. I would love to re-enter the challenge from where I left off, Sapphire. Thanks.I'll just start over. Hm.. YOU guys choose the type I'll use. I'll be more interactive-y with this one. Posting after every major event, letting you guys critique my team etc.. But yeah, I am re-entering because I can't let my friend(Dante the Demon Fae) beat this before me. So, to see what type is the "winner" the first one with three votes will be it. Er.. exclude Ghost, Ice, and Dragon. They are rare, and my link is away, so I can't trade.//I'll also be using an EMULATOR! I will post proof! No more calling me a cheater/no more possibility of me cheating!

Poison is Ok. You could also start with Ground, its a good choice.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Ok. I know I said I would put it to vote, but I'll go with ground as suggested.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
May aswell post that I have a hitmonchan now..

chose hitmonchan for coverage. (ThunderPunch, IcePunch, FirePunch)

Currently training the low level bugger.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
-Discovered the secret hideout of team rocket
-Aquired Silph scope and promptly scaled the Pokemon Tower and saved Mr. Fuji
-Used the pokeflute to catch a snorlax
-Saved the head of silph corp from the rockets
-And beat Sabrina!

My current Normal team:

PIDJO (Pidgeot)
lvl 38
rbspr018.png

-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

SNIPPER (Raticate)
lvl 38
rbspr020.png

-Super Fang
-Dig
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

PLUSHY (Wigglytuff)
lvl 37
rbspr040.png

-Body Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
-Water Gun

CAT (Meowth)
lvl 37
rbspr052.png

-Thunderbolt
-Fury Swipes
-Bite
-Payday

NEIGHBOUR (Snorlax)
lvl 37
rbspr143.png

-Earthquake
-Body Slam
-Rest
-Psychic

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
...OMG.. I accidentally deleted the save.... Well, I guess I'll start over, but I don't wanna do ground, So I'll open to vote again.
P.S. You don't have to vote. P.P.S. Don't Choose Rock/Ground/Dragon/Ice/Ghost (The first two I don't want, the last three are to rare for my liking without trading). I am keeping the one poison vote.

What Ikawlyx said about the Wi-Fi challenge, would be nice. The people who want/can do it, can. I got a child idea from his idea(some of it), The first people to finish(of different types) should form a league using their type, if they can/want.

Like, one ground person finishes, the get to choose a spot(Gym1,2,etc..) Or, if they were the first to finished they automatically get placed in eight/Eliter Four spot 4. Then if a bug wins, they get Elite Four Spot 3... It would just be something fun to do. Like the gyms in the Battle place here, but made out of the top winners of every type. That would be cool. So, there would be 15 Gyms/Pokémon League People.

If you guys don't get, and want me to explain it better, then say so.

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
ROARK IS DOWN!!! It only took me... too many attempts haha. This was the last attempt before I leveled Cri-kee to 18 for sing, and he fell :O

Pokemon Diamond "Blog" Part 1:

After being forced to move again after I gained a makeover, we moved to the Sinnoh region, and my mom yet again made me leave behind all my cherished bug pokemon :(

After being attacked at the lake with a new friend, I gained a penguin pokemon friend. Later on, another new friend taught me how to catch pokemon, and shortly after, I encountered my first new bug! Soon, the first member of my new bug team, Cri-kee the Kricketot, was mine~ Unfortunately, he was too weak to battle alone, so I had to use my penguin to help him. At level 10, he evolved! I was shocked, but he also learned a move to attack.

As I left Jubilife City, my first friend, Barry, attacked me! Fortunately, Cri-kee managed to take out both his Starly AND Turtwig, and I was ready to continue on.

After fighting some more trainers, I found myself in the tunnel to Oreburgh City, where a nice man gave me the TM for Rock Smash, which I taught to Cri-kee for our upcoming Gym Badge, as rock types would fall easily to the fighting type of the move!

I reached town and Barry told me that the gym leader went to the mine, and he already got his badge. I went to the mine, and met the gym leader, who told me he was ready to accept my challenge. After laeving the mine and entering the gym, my first Sinnoh Gym Battle began...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRMarxHhK3A

Little commentary on it, if you don't read the side: THANK GOD FOR SWARM! :P Super Powered that 160 power Fury Cutter on Cranidos (Considering it was the 5th strike, made it 160 power, and swarm super juiced that to 240, along with a STAB... wow. lol Making it 360 Power...

I was just praying that Onix didn't kill him, haha.

For Future reference: Cri-kees final moveset will be:

Rock Smash
X-Scissor
Sing
*insert 4th move*

Current Team:

Cri-kee (Kricketune)
Level: 17
Spr_4p_402_m.png

Rock Smash
Fury Cutter
Leech Life
Bide

And aga, that idea isn't bad. However, it'd involve me having to level up an entirely new team of bugs on my non emulated pearl XD

Btw, which Wormadams should I get? I was actually considering ditching Kricketune, and grabbing all 3...

Which would make my team

Heracross
Trash Wormadam (Bug/Steel)
Leaf Wormadam (Bug/Grass)
Rock Wormadam (Bug/Ground)
Vespiquen
Mothim

EDIT: I just found out that I can change the time on my computer without effecting my DS... Of course, changing the day backwards will, but changing it forwards does not. So I will catch the burmys, hera, and vespiquen doing this...

This is JUST to save me days/weeks of just catching bugs, which other types would not have to go through.

EDIT2: 4 Burmy's and a Female Combee caught... ran into 6 aipoms, 3 munchlaxes, and no heracrosses so far >_< (Yes, some of my pokemon have future days listed as when they were caught :P) 3 months worth of honey used, no heracross... lol Thank god for No$gba being able to act as if nothing happen if you CTRL Alt Del force it closed :P

EDIT 3: I wrote this post @ 4 PM originally, didn't post til almost 6 XD

6 hours after writing this, my bug team is now level 21. I really do wanna shoot Heracross. Went through WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many honey for him :(

Prisma (Vespiquen)
Level: 21
Spr_4d_416.png

Power Gem
Gust
Sweet Scent

Hercules (Heracross)
Spr_4d_214_m.png

Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Horn Attack
Leer

Silva (Wormadam)
Spr_4d_413S_s.png

Tackle
Protect
Hidden Power

Lily (Wormadam)
Spr_4d_413_s.png

Tackle
Protect
Hidden Power

Terra (Wormadam)
Spr_4d_413G_s.png

Tackle
Protect
Hidden Power

Pepper (Mothim)
Spr_4p_414.png

Tackle
Protect
Hidden Power

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 25, 2009
-obtained HM02 Fly
-obtained HM03 Surf
-obtained HM04 Strength
-beat Koga!

My current Normal team:

PIDJO (Pidgeot)
lvl 41
rbspr018.png

-Gust
-Fly
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack

SNIPPER (Raticate)
lvl 41
rbspr020.png

-Super Fang
-Dig
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

PLUSHY (Wigglytuff)
lvl 41
rbspr040.png

-Body Slam
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam
-Water Gun

CAT (Meowth)
lvl 40
rbspr052.png

-Thunderbolt
-Skull Bash
-Bite
-Payday

NEIGHBOUR (Snorlax)
lvl 41
rbspr143.png

-Earthquake
-Surf
-Rest
-Psychic

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Haha, congrats on getting all those Bugs, Myzou. I don't think I'd have had the patience to do the same. I got Heracross in Diamond because I imported one from Emerald. =P

As for Ikwaylx's idea, I think it would be an awesome to have a mini-tournament among all those who finish the challenge. I'll definitely be up for it! I also think ÄgàmêñÐmØÑ's idea would be interesting, if the rest of you were willing to be a part of it. Though of course this would only apply to those of us not using ROM's. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back