• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Raining Cats and Dogs- Feline/Canine Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
230px-059Arcanine.png
200px-431Glameow.png
140px-228Houndour.png
150px-301Delcatty.png

It's Raining Cats And Dogs
Feline/Canine Pokemon Club

Welcome to It's Raining Cats And Dogs, the club for all things related to feline and canine Pokemon! If you like Pokemon that look like dogs or cats, this is the place for you.

Cats and dogs are pretty prominent in a lot of Pokemon designs. Although there are more dogs than cats, both have a lot of power and usefullness. Many people like cat and dog Pokemon, for many reasons. We hope anyone who does joins this club!

Rules

Don't spam or troll
Follow all PC and Pokemon Clubs rules
Try to keep posting so the thread stays active
Don't get into fights about which is better, lol.

Name
Do you prefer cats or dogs?
Partner(Choose one out of the list below)
Answer the current topic
Put "woof" or "meow" somewhere in your first post to show that you read the rules!

List of Possible Partners
Unevolved Cats
Meowth
Skitty
Glameow
Purrloin
Shinx

Unevolved Dogs
Growlithe
Poochyena
Snubull
Riolu
Houndour
Lillipup
Electrike

Evolved Cats
Persian
Purugly
Delcatty
Luxio
Luxray
Liepard

Evolved Dogs
Arcanine
Mighteyena
Granbull
Lucario
Houndoom
Herdier
Stoutland
Manectric

Legendaries and non evolving Pokemon that are feline or canine
Suicune
Entei
Raikou
Mew
Mewtwo
Absol
Shaymin(at least in Sky Forme, otherwise it's a hedgehog)

Foxes
Vulpix
Ninetales
Eevee
All the Eeveelutions
Zorua
Zoroark

If there are any I missed please tell me.

Member List
Zayphora(Owner)
262.png
Mighteyena
Sector Revenge
150.png
Mewtwo
AlexOzzyCake
359.png
Absol
Olli97
403.png
Shinx
Argentum-Zeena
310.png
Manectric
The Shiny Umbreon In The Corner
059.png
Arcanine
Avishka
447.png
Riolu
SuperSamurott521
058.png
Growlithe
droomph
570.png
Zorua
LightningAlex
571.png
Zoroark
arbok
261.png
Poochyena
Element0
262.png
Mightyena
Rainbow Arcanine
059.png
Arcanine
Mentalii
052.png
Meowth
Vlad---Skitty
Rainflower---Liepard

Current Topic-

Why do you think there are so many cat/dog Pokemon?

Who wants to make userbars? I have no idea how, so if someone does, they'll get a reward! Lol, I'm kidding about the reward, derp.

This is where I get my sprites- http://pldh.net/dex/family/index

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
MEOW MEOW MEOW!!

Name: Sector Revenge
Do you prefer cats or dogs? Raised and lived with a cat my whole life. So Cats are a must here.
Partner: Saturn the Mewtwo

Which do you think are used more- Cat Pokemon or Dog Pokemon?

Honestly, I'd go with Dog Pokemon. Simply because of the almighty Arcanine and the popularity of Lucario. Arcanine's stats are way off the chart, at least compare to his counterpart Ninetales anyway. And Lucario can be used in Uber tier and has his own movie, which put him in the spotlight of being favorites to many. So yeah, Dog Pokemon would be my choice of answer.

Zayphora

Years
Welcome to the club, Sector Revenge! And try to spread it around, we don't have many members here.

I'm gonna answer the current topic here and say that I agree with Sector because dogs seem to have better stats and overall publicity. Apart from legends like Mew and Mewtwo, the feline Pokemon is kind of underused. I wanted a Glameow in Platinum, but I couldn't find one! MEH. That makes it harder. They seem to give cat Pokemon to NPC's a lot and that sort of turns people off, I think.

Also, Sector, I'm going to be off forum for a couple days so if you could keep an eye on stuff going on in the club, that'd be great.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97, though it'd be appreciated if you just stuck with Olli.
Do you prefer cats or dogs? I like both animals pretty much equally, though since I've gone most of my life with a cat by my side, and never really seen much to dogs, I'd have to go with cats.
Partner Pokémon: Shinx. That Pokémon is just utterly adorable. It has a really nice design, and it's just a very likeable Pokémon, and it does become a pretty decent Pokémon in its later stages.

Well, it isn't exactly fair competition with the difference in the amount of each species, though dog Pokémon are concedingly more popular than most cat Pokémon, as well as most of them being more powerful than most cat Pokémon. Mewtwo and Mew may have had fame once, though that pretty much ended with Mew's last appearance in Hoenn on Faraway island, since Sinnoh brought forth an even stronger and more interesting Pokémon than both of the two, and well, interest fell.

Though all in all, canine and feline Pokémon aren't the most popular either, as some of them just aren't popular at all, and that kinda overshines the group of Pokémon as a whole, and only leave out the strong and popular Pokémon there.

meowoof.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Meow-woof!

Name: AlexOzzyCake
Do you prefer cats or dogs? Cats! Some of the feline Pokémon are so innovative and wonderful! :D That's not to say I don't like the canines though; they're both very interesting groups of Pokémon.
Partner: Absol - it's so cool omg. <3

Dog Pokémon hands down. The majority of feline Pokémon seem to be very rare and don't come up much at all. There are some exceptions of course such as the Purrlion and Glameow families, but the majority of cat Pokémon don't get used much at all. Canine Pokémon on the other hand are used all the time; there are countless Growlithe, Poochyena, Lucario, Stoutland, Houndoom, etc, trainers throughout the games so the canines aren't really all that rare to come across at all.

I was wondering if the Eevee family should be included? As well as Ninetails/Vulpix and Zorua/Zoroark? I know they're foxes/wolves (and I know you said about them in the main post), but it seems to me like they do belong here :3 Foxes are a well-known variant of canine so it makes sense to me that these Pokémon all belong here. But it's up to you of course! c:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Also, Sector, I'm going to be off forum for a couple days so if you could keep an eye on stuff going on in the club, that'd be great.
Oh wow, I had no idea I had a responsibility right off the back when joining :X

Ehh I'll try..

I agree with Ozzy, Foxes are on the verge of being Canines. I highly support this theory of Ozzy's. Since he brought that up, let's get opinions on this by others while the club is still new.

Should Vulpix/Ninetales & Zorua/Zoroark be included on the list(s) as Canines?

Zayphora

Years
Kay, I'm back! Welcome, Olli and AlexOzzyCake! I'll put you on the member list.

Derp, I'm sorry, Sector Revenge. You can relax now. Thanks for making a question.

Now to answer it- Yes. To me when I see Zorua or Zoroark, I think "dog." I was just being careful not putting them on the list because in the Zorua/Zoroark club I once called them dogs and got called on it... Ninetales and Vulpix look like dogs too...but not REALLY Vulpix, not as much, that one's more fox. If I were to put both lines on, then I probably should put the Eeveelutions on, too, but where would they go? They certainly don't look canine, but they're foxes. Personally I'd put them in feline. When I was young and stupid I thought of them as cats.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
They're foxes and foxes are canines so I suggest they belong in the canine list x] It doesn't matter if they already have clubs made for them, we can still discuss them here with all their canine qualities! :D

Zayphora

Years
They are now on the list under a separate category.

*does CPR on thread* DON'T DIE ON ME THREAD!!!

Annyway, new topic=

Do you think the Beasts of Johto (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) are cats or dogs?

My answer is cats. They are too slender in terms of body shape to be dogs, and they have much more feline faces.
Spoiler:

Years
Name: Argentum-Zeena (though just Argentum or Zeena is fine~)
Do you prefer cats of dogs?: I love both, as they each have their own unique qualities. To answer this fairly, though, I'll say cats since I own one <3
Partner: Manectric. This doggy's line seems to be one of the less-loved dogs :c I love them; they're like electric maned wolves!
Do you think the Beasts of Johto (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune) are cats or dogs? I think Entei and Raikou are cats, but I have no idea when it comes to Suicune ^^; It has a longer, more canine face than the other two, so that makes me lean towards dog for it.

I could try to make userbars for the club, if you guys would like me to.

Woof Woof!

Zayphora

Years
Thanks for joining, Argentum-Zeena! I agree with you, most people don't even know the Manectric line exists! It is one of the most underused canines.

If you can make userbars, that'd be great! (i was kidding about the rewards thing, I have no rewards to give, really...)

Years
Name: The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner (Shiny Umbreon for short) WOOF!!
Do you prefer cats of dogs?: Dogs they have always been ther for me cats well they never get a chance because of my allergies towards them.
Partner: Arcanine XD !!
Topic: Dogs they tend to be more popular oh and hey again Zayphora :)

Last edited:

Zayphora

Years
By the way, that isn't the current topic. The current topic is now-

Which non legendary cat and dog do you think got/gets the most hype?

I'm going to save my answer for later so I can have an excuse to bump up the club xDDD

And welcome, Shiny Umbreon!

Zayphora

Years
Remember how I said that I was saving my answer for when the club needed to get bumped? WELL THAT'S NOW!!!

SRSLY PEOPLE, THIS CLUB KEEPS DYING AND I KEEP HAVING TO SAVE IT!!! *rage*

So, my answer is Lucario for the dogs. It got its own movie, and is pretty recognizable. I also agree with Shiny Umbreon that Arcanine is fairly hyped, especially with the BW2 trailer. I think biting a Seviper counts as hype :D

With the cats, I'll say Meowth, because he's prominent in the anime. People remember ridiculousness and not as much cuteness.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

I gotta agree with the Umreon in the corner here. Arcanine had always been one of those Pokémon that got the most attention, and one of the stronger non legendary Pokémon. Not to mention how badass its design is, and how it changes from being a cute, cuddly Growlithe, to a fierce and intimidating Arcanine.

As for cats, I don't really know. I don't feel like any cat-based Pokémon really stand out, other than Meowth due to Team Rocket's Meowth's popularity because of the anime, but as a Pokémon, none really stand out to me.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Avishka
Do you prefer cats or dogs?: Dogs
Partner : Riolu ( I didn't know riolu-lucario were dogs :P :P)
Answer the current topic:
i have to agree with The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner about arcanine. Lucario is also hyped.
And for cat as olli and Zayphora said it would be meowth

woof-woof

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Snubull & Purugly. Neither of these are Pokémon that I'd ever really consider using; they're much too... I dunno the word, but I need to like a Pokémon's design, concept and characteristics before I'd consider using it. And with these two Pokémon, I just don't :( I think it might be because with Snubull it's a spoilt little brat of a Pokémon and with Purugly it seems like it'd be a bit of a bully. I find it hard to comprehend how Purrlion evolves into Purugly though since come on, just what the heck happens there? xD

Zayphora

Years
I find it hard to comprehend how Purrlion evolves into Purugly though since come on, just what the heck happens there? xD

Umm. Purrloin evolves into Liepard. I think you mean Glameow.

But anyway, welcome to the club, Avishka! (It's funny, a bunch of my friends are joining this club :D)

My answer to the topic- I HATE MEOWTH. It's just so UGLY. And over hyped. I think it's just pointless in general.

For dog, I'd say....the Lillipup line. I think it's not very cute, and if it has "lily" in its name it should be a grass type, in my opinion. I hope that in 6th gen they make a grass type dog, as there are two fire type dogs and we need a grass type-or a water type. That'd be cool. And it should be based on a collie, because collies are adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back