• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
So...you guys are killing each other? Okay.
I can be used as a mop, if that helps at all.
Human mop. Heck yes.

I might be of service in hiding the body. There are some woods near my house...

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nathan, you can help clean up the blood, then. ;D
Heck, I'm not even in the assassin game. I'm just being entertained by you guys murdering each other.

Quick (and off-topic) question, though-
Is anyone else in the area where the northern lights are visible tonight? I was outside for an hour earlier and didn't see anything. I did, however, find a massive spider on the windshield! (Was sitting in a parked car in a church parking lot because it was better than having to walk to the end of the block to see the sky.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
DIE ⊗Slenderman⊗

Nathan, you can help clean up the blood, then. ;D
Heck, I'm not even in the assassin game. I'm just being entertained by you guys murdering each other.

Quick (and off-topic) question, though-
Is anyone else in the area where the northern lights are visible tonight? I was outside for an hour earlier and didn't see anything. I did, however, find a massive spider on the windshield! (Was sitting in a parked car in a church parking lot because it was better than having to walk to the end of the block to see the sky.)

Ohhh, Northern lights? I didn't know that was happening right now? I'll be outside in a bit I can check!

And gross, spiders!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Believe me Jess, you'll get killed too.
Isn't it better to name the area? And please no spider talk. Hate these.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oh, so I'm just being murdered? I'm not in the assassin game, just some innocent person watching it. ;D

But, yeah, it's supposed to be tonight. Here's a map:
Spoiler:

There's another one for a different part of the world, which I can post. I don't know where you live.

Edit:
@Nathan
Darn, I don't want to die yet. x;
Well. I did post a map. Haha.
Oh, and:
Spoiler:

{:
I actually found one of these on my back porch. .___. I didn't realize they were around here.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Nathan
Surprised you've never heard of it.
look at these pictures:
Spoiler:

It's pretty much what happens when radiation from the sun reacts with the charged protons in the atmosphere. There was a solar flare on Thursday, which caused this all to happen.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, it's a real thing, as well. This is a picture I found on google of a solar flare:
Spoiler:

I just checked and there's nothing going on out there. I did start to step on a slug, though, and I wasn't wearing shoes or socks. .__. Thankfully, I realized there was something wet there and didn't step on it enough to crush it- just to feel that it was there.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Droomph, if you don't mind my asking, where are you? By that I mean something unspecific like a state.
Or, what is your viewing as on the map? (Poor, good, etc.)
(Un-ignore list'd, by the way)

Everything is still dark here in Pennsylvania. T: I just was looking out the bathroom window to see the sky. It could just seem that way because of the street lights, though. I'll go check again soon.

Edit:
Oh, I killed the thread. Oops.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
My astronomy teacher has been really excited over this for a while, I feel like I'm missing out by not being able to see it. (just barely too!)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
If I manage to get any pictures (if it ends up being visible here in Pennsylvania), I can link you to them, if you'd like. [:

I didn't even know about this until today, tbh. Glad I found out ahead of time so I would be able to watch for it. I really doubt it's going to show, even though (according to that map) all of PA should be able to see the lights.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Yes, please. :D

I rarely get to see any cool events in the sky from where I live - and lately I've been so interested in this stuff, so I've become determined to see something in person one day.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The best thing I've managed to see in person was a meteor shower, which wasn't as cool as I expected, tbh. I'm not sure that it was worth standing outside (during winter) for so long. >_>

I figure there probably will be other opportunities to see this, though. Perhaps I'll get pictures of it someday, if not tonight. T:

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Yeah, there are tons of opportunities to see interesting things. Have you heard of Comet ISON? It's a comet that should supposedly be visible for two months and is probably the brightest we're going to see in our lifetimes. I've even heard some people say there are places on earth where it should look like we have two moons for a while - though I don't know about that, it still sounds cool.

droomph

weeb
Years
Droomph, if you don't mind my asking, where are you? By that I mean something unspecific like a state.
Or, what is your viewing as on the map? (Poor, good, etc.)
(Un-ignore list'd, by the way)

Everything is still dark here in Pennsylvania. T: I just was looking out the bathroom window to see the sky. It could just seem that way because of the street lights, though. I'll go check again soon.
California. Not the cool California where hippies and stuff. There is nothing going on except for rich white people overprotecting their kids.

And on the map, I live in NOT VISIBLE land. :(((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back