• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lumiose City

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I believe, since this is discussion of a single known element of the game (one of the cities), that it might be all right to give this its own thread.

Lumiose City has been confirmed as the city that is home to the tall Eiffel Tower-like structure in Kalos. Here are screenshots released on the Pokémon U.S. Web site that are included under the city page. In the event the page changes after the game is released, I'm copying as much as I can here.

The central city of the Kalos region is Lumiose City, a thriving metropolis filled with customers checking out its variety of shops. Many roads extend from the iconic tower at the city's center.
Lumiose-City-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

The symbol of Lumiose City is the tall tower that sits at its center.

may_p4_1.jpg
may_p4_2.jpg

may_p4_3.jpg
may_p4_4.jpg

...and with that, discuss!

Cyclone

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Since it has the Eiffel tower and it is a central city i am even more convinced that the tower is gonna be the huge department store.
I would love to see a sort of fun fair in the city(roller coaster,ferry wheel)where you can increase friendship with your pokemon.
A ride on the river with the boat would be nice

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Since it has the Eiffel tower and it is a central city i am even more convinced that the tower is gonna be the huge department store.
I would love to see a sort of fun fair in the city(roller coaster,ferry wheel)where you can increase friendship with your pokemon.
A ride on the river with the boat would be nice
That kinda has elements of the boat ride in Italy going on. I like. :) I have a feeling it could be more like the other inaccessible waterways, or that it will be blocked as such that you can only hop across and explore a very small area. I hope I'm wrong. Actually, what would be wicked cool is if the canal ride here triggers an element of the story, or is used to progress the story; for instance, the operator can say something ambiguous like, "Hmm, I've never seen that before".

The description of having all of the shops and such makes me think of this as Kalos' version of Castelia City. That was the third Gym in Unova. I wonder where it will fall into place here.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
Day and Night confirmation for the bottom left image there?

Anyway I think Lumiouse City being filled with many different shops will act as the Goldenrod City, Celadon City etc for purchasing all different types of items in-game.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years

Anyway I think Lumiouse City being filled with many different shops will act as the Goldenrod City, Celadon City etc for purchasing all different types of items in-game.

Nope that's day, but I honestly don't see why they'd remove day/night, it's obviously gonna be in there, and hey, maybe at Night, the tower will be all lit up with bright lights =D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
No, the little bit of sky I can see suggests it's still daytime. Also, the tower doesn't look any different (other than the door being located on the right while the shot with the boy is on the left, proving these are different streets).

Cyclone

Years
I love the cars haha. Imagine if instead of bike we would get a car!
The city looks cool, but I think it is going to confuse me at the beggining just like Castelia City in B/B2 haha

blue

gucci
Years
Oh my bad, for a second I thought it looked darker than the other images, but I'm sure they will include Day & Night and Seasons.

As for music we've yet to hear any of the games soundtracks, but I'm sure it will have some upbeat catchy tune.

Years
I wish they could use the sounds of a city instead of music and the sounds of nature when you are in a forest or a mountain ! I always play with my device on mute.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I wish they could use the sounds of a city instead of music and the sounds of nature when you are in a forest or a mountain ! I always play with my device on mute.

It wouldn't be Pokémon without Go Ichinose's awesome music, why would you wanna play on mute? The music in the Pokémon series is awesome, and it will be here, too.

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder if people around the City will sing if you approach them, they added vocals to Black & White which sounded great so I wouldn't be surprised if they carried that over.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I wonder if people around the City will sing if you approach them, they added vocals to Black & White which sounded great so I wouldn't be surprised if they carried that over.

I can imagine that, and with the 3DS' higher sound quality and that we might get MP3 format music, we could get nice high quality vocals, it'd be pretty cool if there was a guy actually singing in French, too.

Years
It wouldn't be Pokémon without Go Ichinose's awesome music, why would you wanna play on mute? The music in the Pokémon series is awesome, and it will be here, too.

I agree.
Sometimes I want to pay attention to the plot and music distracts me haha I dont know why. haha I like to listen to the battle music tho. :)

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I'm loving the little touches some of these screenshots show. Especially the people sitting outdoors at what appears to be a café. It's so cute! I think more of this will actually make Kalos/Lumiose City feel more alive.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'm so psyched for this game!

I love how they're including their own little Seine River, complete with the little bridges. Très français, non?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm loving the little touches some of these screenshots show. Especially the people sitting outdoors at what appears to be a café. It's so cute! I think more of this will actually make Kalos/Lumiose City feel more alive.
I agree completely. I noticed the sense of realism there, and it makes it seem all that more real.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I must say Kalos' Capital city looks better than Castelia did (I would comapre with Saffron, Goldon Rod, Rustboro, and Hearthome but those four weren't big sized cities like Castelia and Lumiose so it'll be an uneven comparison in favor of Lumiose).Hopefully we'll be able to go inside more of the buildings.

Back