• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your interest level in Pokemon right now

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Lately I've been playing older titles to satisfy my desire to play Pokemon. I finished Platinum a week or two ago and now I'm almost done with White 2.

While I liked sun/moon they're not that great to replay because of the amount of dialogue and cut scenes so I was really looking forward to new games. LGPE was too gimmicky for me so I didn't end up purchasing it. I have not played SS yet because I'm really not happy with what we got. I'll probably pick up a used copy eventually, but I'm in no rush for it.

So I still like Pokemon and I'm interested in it, but my interest in the newer games has been low.

Years
Since the release of Sword/Shield, it's been the highest I think it's ever been. Played through Sword, then got into the TCG, now I'm replaying through Gen 1, hopefully to replay all the Gens (some games for the first time) possibly multiple times to complete challenges.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
It already hit rock bottom after LGPE's release, couldn't care less about it or SwSh. Something about Masuda's attitude and work ethic compared to other developers just rubs me the wrong way. Fortunately there's still enough interest remaining for me to play through older titles. More power to you if you still love Pokémon, but from now on I'll just keep up to date on the franchise without buying the games tbh.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My interest hit rock bottom during the Hoenn remakes/7th gen disasters which I didn't even buy, but has been on the upswing since Sw/Sh came out. They're not great, but are at least passable, and that was good enough for me to give the ol' "let's win eight Gym Badges" another shot. As a result, I'm more active on here now, and I'm actually playing a new Pokemon game for the first time in six years.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Right now I mostly just play Pokemon Go, shiny hunt in Xy and Oras and I buy Hidden Fates cards. I also am getting and building some of the Pokemon Mega Construx. I watched the anime regularly until 2006. I collected the cards regularly from 2013-2017.

Kazetori

Vaporeon Trainer
Years
It peaked for me around 5 years ago when I played Alpha Sapphire for the first time and was completely hooked. I've played every game since Red, but only had a "yea I like Pokemon, i have a few plushies" type of feel. Now I'm completely obsessed.... Hahah
I had a little break when Monster Hunter came out and got real deep in that, but.... Pokemon always got me coming back :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2020
It's been fluctuating for years, for reasons both in and out of my control. I love Generation VII, it's my favorite gen, but even I admit it has faults. I haven't played SwSh due to the controversy, though I'll get to them someday, I'm sure. Part of why I missed out on past gens was things out of my hand. It wasn't anything Game Freak did that kept me away from Gen V...unless they somehow contributed to a personal situation outside of my control and nobody told me, but I honestly doubt that. Still, the controversy surrounding SwSh hasn't helped, but I'll get to it someday.

That said, I have softened up on the anime. Let's just say a former friend let his hatred of the anime get in the way of actually helping me with a problem that happened to involve it, thus forcing me to figure out the problem on my own. That may have played a part in me deciding to soften up on it; whatever problems the anime may have, past, present or future, none of it is worth getting so mad at it that you're letting your hatred get in the way of what's really important.

Also, I used to be able to catch up with the Pokemon Adventures manga back when I was in high school. But the volumes were slower to come out, and by the time the Ruby & Sapphire arc started finally coming to the states, circumstances out of my control led me to be more lax on keeping up. But now that things seem to have largely settled down, I plan on playing catch up with the stuff I missed out on. I still managed to snag some volumes during that slow period, so hopefully playing catch-up won't be TOO expensive.

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
Years
The series as a whole I would rate my interest level at around a 5/10. Though it has fluctuated over the years

Gaming Wise - This would be the higher rating in my interest range. It was around the release of Pikachu/Eevee where I started to regain interest in the gaming series, just out of the blue as there was nothing really certain about it that drew me in. I have also never played it, but I did get it for my ex so yay? My interest dipped into a dormant state after X/Y series.

Anime Wise - Believe it or not I stopped watching after the 2nd generation. Not so much that I lost interest, just in the fact that the TV channels we had at the time had dropped the series for some random stupid show that lasted one season. I may rewatch the first season on Netflix and get myself jumpstarted on it but who knows.

TCG Wise - I stopped collecting a couple years ago as I didn't have much money at that time. Plus I have 4 huge binders full of cards, and one of those jumbo EX cards that I have sitting in my safe as a joke... Maybe when I move and have my hobby room I may dust them off and collect more.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My interest has gone down in the last week or two. I've run out of things to do in Shield, and honestly I don't feel inclined to do things like complete the Pokedex of battle online, like I did with older games like Platinum or Y. I don't think I've picked up the game in at least a week, and I'm not particularly motivated to do so anytime soon.

I'm cosplaying as Sw/Sh Lass at a convention this month, and my fascination with Leaf and Serena remains as strong as ever, so I guess that counts for something, right?

Years
Honestly, my interest has been wonky lately. In Sword, yeah, I played it, got the expansion pack, but the news of Home put a halt to my interest in Swsh. I don't have Nintendo online because of the internet servers in my house, and the only reason I got the Expansion pack was because I managed to get my Switch online in school for a VERY short time, but that was short of a miracle. I recently went back to fiddling around in Omega Ruby, and was introduced to that good gameplay (yes I enjoyed ORAS, come at me) and Winona was always one of my favorite gym leaders, so going back to Hoenn was fun for a bit. Gen 2 is a golden era even though I have gen 2 on the 3DS and not the GBC. Hoenn and Johto are classics.

So when it comes to Pokemon, my interest really goes to gen 6 and under. I really got to play gen 4 and 5 someday. I heard those were really good games for the original DS! Oh and I love the Pokemon designs in general. Gotta love the Pocket Monsters themselves!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 19, 2020
The more time I devote to it the better I get and the more interesting conversations I have. I really enjoy employing competitive tactics when playing the regular game.

Years
Pokemon has been a part of mylife since i was 16 in 96. I started off with the Anime and for my 17th birthday my folks got me pokemon yellow for the game boy. 22 years later of pokemon games I am still going strong. Hell back in 2002 I even had teh chance to visit the pokemon center in NY when it was a full center and not part of the nintendo store today.

Ive met with a lot of differnt fans and got a lot of memorble storys and memorys I will never forget. Even though I play other games besides pokemon it will always have a special place in my heart and I will always be keeping up playing and training on the next generation rpg trainer game as well as pokemon go.... TEAM MYSTIC FOR LIFE!!!

DarkestAria

Covet the Skwovet
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
I'm completely addicted to it right now. It'll probably last for a couple of weeks or months before I rotate through my catalog of interests again.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
My interest is pretty high at the moment, I'm currently playing through Pokémon Shield again and will be playing through the DLC content when it comes out. I might also start playing Emerald again some time soon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 7, 2023
I like the hacks. Not really impressed with any official stuff after gen 5 though.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I'm pretty hyped for Mystery Dungeon DX, and I'm hoping for Sword and Shield to be "complete" before I actually get them. Right now, what brings me back to Pokémon are the designs. Pokémon designs have always been interesting to me.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
I'm still playing Pokémon games more often than any other game series right now, mostly Pokémon Shield. I've also played a bit of Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire recently as well, don't know if I'll finish either of those games anytime soon though since Shield is still my main game at the moment.

Uragirimono

this profile is embarassing dont look at me
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 6, 2023
Declining, but I'm still playing what games I have. No interest at all in the DLC or Mystery Dungeon DX.

Back