• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I will punish all steel-types (OU RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
I decided to make my first PC RMT. Since I'm using this on Smogon, I thought it would be fine to post it here. I wanted to make this team full of juicy synergy.

dragonite.png

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Spd/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake

This is the standard anti-lead Dragonite. Draco Meteor + Extremespeed (Or Draco + Draco) 2HKOs nearly any lead in OU. For steel types, though, I have Fire Blast (and Earthquake).

How it helps the other members of my team-
Forretress: Forry has a great opportunity to come in and set up spikes after the lead and possibly one of the following Pokemon are gone. As long as the opponent lacks a Fire type move, Forry has a very good chance of at least setting up rocks
Gyarados: Gyara also has a chance to set up DD after Nite has fainted. Nite gets rid of Jolteon, Electivire and lead sash Aerodactyl quite efficiently, giving Gyara all the more chance to set up
Magnezone: Nite lures in steel types for Zone to trap. In particular, Zone will give Forretress (esp. physically defensive) and Skarmory serious problems.
Celebi: Celebi appreciates the lack of Heatran, Togekiss, etc. that would normally plague it. However, Nite really doesn't do much to help Celebi.
Electivire: Vire can potentially handle an incoming Skarmory (or at least scare it away, though Zone would be better in case Skarm doesn't have Shed Shell) or handle/scare away incoming Vaporeon.

forretress.png

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/112 Atk/144 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Forretress is a great spikes+rocks user due to its appealing defense stat. I'm not particularly afraid of anything that doesn't have a Fire-type move.

Dragonite: Spins away rocks in case Nite wants to come back for dessert.
Gyarados: SR + Spikes really helps Gyara get some additional OHKOs/2HKOs which it would not get before. Also, Forry spins away rocks just like for Nite.
Magnezone: Forry has a tendency to lure in Gengar because of Rapid Spin. Assuming they keep Gengar out, Zone dents Gengar pretty badly while taking minimal damage from most attacks including HP Fire.
Celebi: With the stalling Celebi is capable of pulling off, SR and spikes help tremendously in wearing away the opponents with Leech Seed.
Electivire: Like Gyara, Vire needs entry hazards to score some OHKOs/2HKOs.

gyarados.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

This bulky Gyarados set is very good against other DDers, intimidating and taunting them, then DDing up and KO'ing them.

Dragonite: Gyara is pretty good at taking out DD Nites. With the opponent's possible DD Nite out of the way, Nite has less to worry about if he switches back in.
Forretress: Forry loves the damage Gyara does to Fire-types. With the opponent's Fire-types out of commission, Forry may have an easier time setting up entry hazards.
Magnezone: Zone can potentially benefit from the lured in Vaporeon, Starmie, or enemy Gyarados, unless they switch. Zone certainly would appreciate the occasional lured-in Empoleon.
Celebi: Like Forry, Celebi benefits from the removed Fire-types. Also, Celebi can switch in on Electric moves if Magnezone and Electivire are gone.
Electivire: The classic pairing. Gyara certainly helps out Vire, luring in Electric types or Vaporeon/Starmie for Vire to get his Motor Boost.

magnezone.png

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion

Magnezone is perhaps the easiest Pokemon in OU to use. It really benefits from the number of Steel and Water types that try to switch in on Dragonite and Gyarados. Scarf to outspeed things, obviously, because Zone has a hard time getting around.

Dragonite: Magnezone kills off the Steel-types which keep Nite from completely dominating against many teams.
Forretress: Zone is pretty decent at killing Gengar which blocks Forry's spin.
Gyarados: Zone lures in Ground-types for Gyara to eat with Waterfall.
Celebi: Zone is great at handling Grass-types because of immunity to Toxic, resistance to Grass-type moves, and HP Fire. With Grass-types out of the way, Celebi can stall more effectively with Leech Seed.
Electivire: Zone can't do much for Vire, but it can explode on things that Vire doesn't like.

celebi.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Oh Celebi. Celebi is great at stalling with Leech Seed + Recover. Plus, Thunder Wave gives Grass-types a reason to stay away.

Dragonite: Nite having mediocre speed, Celebi really helps out with Thunder Wave.
Forretress: For the lower speed tier, Celebi can still help Forry with T-Wave. Paralysis turns a lot of Pokemon into entry hazard setup bait.
Gyarados: Celebi often lures in Fire-types which Gyara has little trouble dealing with.
Magnezone: Celebi lures in Bug-types which Magnezone can handle quite efficiently, as well as the occasional Gengar which generally loses to Zone 1v1.
Electivire: Vire benefits from Celebi killing off the opponent's Ground-type Pokemon.

electivire.png

Electivire (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 36 Atk/220 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Cross Chop
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Electivire, unlike Magnezone, requires a fair deal of prediction to use correctly. I used MixVire > Physical Vire because... well, because it's better lol.

Dragonite: Vire can clean up some steel types (Skarmory with Thunderbolt, Heatran with Cross Chop, the others with Flamethrower) if I can get Nite back into the game.
Forretress: Forry is often setup fodder for things like Gyarados. Vire's great stats allow it to take out some of these threats, including those which are not weak to Electric like Kingdra, so Forry doesn't turn into setup fodder.
Gyarados: Gyara loves Vire's ability to take out Vaporeon, Starmie, and other threats, setting the stage for Gyara to set up.
Magnezone: Likewise, Vire doesn't do much to help Zone, except KO Heatran and Swampert with Cross Chop and HP Grass, respectively.
Celebi: Since Celebi sometimes has problems with Flying-type Pokemon like Skarmory and Togekiss, Vire can KO or scare of these threats so that Celebi can catch them on the switchback with Leech Seed or paralyze them on the switch back in.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This is a nicely constructed team and all, but it's weak to Infernape including both the Special MixApe with HP Ice and the Physical Ape with Stone Edge.
This can be remedied by removing one of your Fire weaknesses. So far the most replaceable Pokemon on your team is Magnezone, because it doesn't do as much as your other team members.

*Dragonite doesn't need Steel types to be eliminated because it has both Fire Blast and Earthquake. Magnezone does counter Scizor, but Gyarados can do that too.
*Gengar is not the most common Spin blocker, Rotom is and Magnezone can't do much to them.
*The most common Ground type Magnezone will lure in is Flygon, who threatens both Gyarados and Dragonite with Stone Edge.

Replace Magnezone with Vaporeon. Your team will really appreciate its Wish support.

Vaporeon @Leftovers
Bold
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpD

-Surf
-Roar/Toxic
-Wish
-Protect

Also, replace Gyro Ball with Payback and move all Attack EVs into Special Defense. The reason for those Attack EVs is so that Magnezone/Heatran will get OHKOed by Earthquake, but you don't have that. Sp Defense Evs will help you set up against bulky Waters and such.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
Thanks for the comment. Though you mentioned Flygon, would Vaporeon not benefit from having Ice Beam on its moveset?

EDIT: I added the set you provided onto my team. It's working so far. Thanks! I forgot to switch Gyro -> Payback but I did switch the EVs around. That was a stupid mistake putting Attack EVs in!

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Your team really needs a spinblocker so you don't lose all of your hazards you're hoping to set up with Forry. Rotom is the most reliable spinblocker around, and since really nothing on your team appreciates having status, I would recommend a RestTalk set. The only question is where to put it...

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
Your team really needs a spinblocker so you don't lose all of your hazards you're hoping to set up with Forry. Rotom is the most reliable spinblocker around, and since really nothing on your team appreciates having status, I would recommend a RestTalk set. The only question is where to put it...

A spinblocker is not necessary... surprisingly enough I am seeing fewer and fewer spinners. And since Rotom doesn't fit anywhere on this team, I think it'd be better to leave it off.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
No it is necessary. Spinners are VERY common.

Rotom fits over Celebi actually pretty well.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Thanks, but it seems pretty unnecessary for this team. I'm going to leave it as is.

Actually, it's quite necessary. Forry isn't going to get infinite chances to set up those hazards, and once they're gone, they're goes a crucial part of your core strategy. Not adding it is just silly when it makes your team a heck of a lot better.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Rules said:
— If you are not willing to change anything or take constructive criticism, don't waste your time or ours by posting a team. The purpose of this forum is for people that are seeking help with competitive Pokémon to get help. If you only want to here positive comments, do not post. Shooting down all advice will likely result in an infraction.

You havent even tested it the changes. Instead you are just posting un supported garbage like "it seems unnecessary". If you are going to shoot down advice without even testing them you don't deserve a thread, ill it lock and just infract you, i really dont care. :/ Please dont crap up my forum and waste peoples time. kthnx

EDIT :

Oh and Rapid Spin Delibird and Armaldo make your team useless.

EDIT 2:

Wait... you are actually Armaldo weak rofl.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
Actually, it's quite necessary. Forry isn't going to get infinite chances to set up those hazards, and once they're gone, they're goes a crucial part of your core strategy. Not adding it is just silly when it makes your team a heck of a lot better.

You're acting like if the opponent spins I automatically lose. Keeping spikes and rocks up is really not all that crucial to the strategy. Though it is important, I just haven't seen enough spinners on Smogon server to warrant taking out Celebi, whose stall capabilities are greatly appreciated, for Rotom, whose sole purpose would be to switch in when I predicted Rapid Spin.
You havent even tested it the changes. Instead you are just posting un supported garbage like "it seems unnecessary". If you are going to shoot down advice without even testing them you don't deserve a thread, ill it lock and just infract you, i really dont care. :/ Please dont crap up my forum and waste peoples time. kthnx

Um okay. Not sure why you were so rude. I don't have an infinite amount of time to test all suggestions and I don't have to test any of them at all. If you don't really care then why is it so important that I test it to you? I'm just saying it seems unnecessary and not worth my time to test.

EDIT: Also that rule doesn't apply. I did accept aragorn's advice. I chose not to implement yours.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
You're acting like if the opponent spins I automatically lose.

No, but i mean that is your teams strategy and its so easy to stop and you actually recognize that, why post it ? Infact why base your team around Spikes period ?

Keeping spikes and rocks up is really not all that crucial to the strategy.

Why make a team with Forretress then ? Seems kinda contradictory to the reason you posted the team if its "not that crucial"! Though really it seems kinda vital for a team this easy to wall. -__-

Though it is important, I just haven't seen enough spinners on Smogon server to warrant taking out Celebi, whose stall capabilities are greatly appreciated, for Rotom, whose sole purpose would be to switch in when I predicted Rapid Spin.

Rotom does everything Celebi does for this team i.e Counter Gyarados and isn't at risk from Bounce and also blocks Spin. Rotom IS the face of stall. Oh and did i mention isn't set up fodder for Spikers (who are used in conjunction with anti-Spinners on good teams) like Celebi is?

Usage statistics said:
| 27 | Forretress | 72835 | 7.58% |
6 | Starmie | 164965 | 17.16% |
| 40 | Tentacruel | 44402 | 4.62% |

K so you waste time setting up hazards around 29% of the time vs teams you face ? Nice strat. :/

Um okay. Not sure why you were so rude.

Because i kinda think you're trolling ? Its also kinda annoying to see advice cast down for no GOOD reason, not only by myself but from others too.

I don't have an infinite amount of time to test all suggestions and I don't have to test any of them at all.

Actually you do or at least give a valid reason and not discount it and not back it up what so ever.

If you don't really care then why is it so important that I test it to you?

Uh because thats kinda what i do in this forum, help make people team better. :/

I'm just saying it seems unnecessary and not worth my time to test.

Good attitude for posting in S+M. Not.

EDIT: Also that rule doesn't apply. I did accept aragorn's advice. I chose not to implement yours.

No it does apply because you didnt even test it and came up with a dumb cute little non supported reason to try and pathetically defend yourself. Which is even funnier because i wasn't the only one saying you should get an anti spin.

TL;DR dont post in S+M until you test good things people suggest to you without shooting it down with no valid claims to back it up.

~Locked~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back