• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen A top 5 for best pokemon in Ruby version?

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I almost always choose a Swellow, very helpful. If you don't want it, choose Pelliper.

Pelliper can help you with Brawly, lots of grass/rock/ground/fighting/fire pokemon because of its dual typing. Oh, it also helps with Flannery, Winona(Because it can learn the electric move that Wattson gives you), and Juan/Wallace(For reasons said above)

Swellow can help you with Brawly, and fighting, grass, and bug types. It doesn't have a wide variety of advantages like the ones Pelliper has, but once it gets strong, it can help in almost any situation. I actually used my swellow for defeating Wattson one time, and Norman another(And in the battle against both, it was underleveled lol)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
-Breloom. Probably the best Fighting-type in the game, Breloom has great speed and attack, as well as a great moveset.

-Ludicolo. With an amazingly diverse movepool and insane stats, as well as good type coverage, Ludicolo is just plain good.

-Metagross. While only obtainable in the postgame, Metagross has to be mentioned due to the great movepool that it has.

-Swampert. A Ground-type is always good, and a Water type is also very good. Combine those two, add in good stats and a good movepool, and you have a great Pokemon.

-Flygon. Immunity to Electric- and Ground-type attacks? Hell yes. Good movepool? Yep. Good stats? You know it. Just keep it away from Ice attacks and it'll destroy everything.

Back