• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
i'm thinking you should change the color of the pokemon garden building. it's just a little too white, and out of tune with all the other buildings in that town. a light grey or beige would be nice. everything else is awesome. the bird looks a little too much like moltres, but awesome nevertheless.

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
Years
the building is to white, specialy if it is in a poluted town. u would think it would have crap on it. :D that would sorta make it weirda but u no. lol. keep it up.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
The actual thought I've invested in this city is that the people who run it have poured a ton of money into the main attractions - the Mall is new and very glossy, the Aspen office building is nice in comparison with everywhere else, and the City Hall is obviously sublime. Even the game corner would have been made attractive because it generates wealth for the city. But the rest of the city is pretty run down and polluted - the Pokéball factory being the main offender.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2006
I've actually seen this in practice. Downtown Vancouver, BC is spotless. The buildings are white and blue with glittering windows, the sidewalks and parks are free of litter, and the docks and "beach" are kept free of drifting garbage, all by a small army of city employees. Why? The huge tourist income of this area. But if you take a public bus off the beaten path, you'll find buildings stained by polution, empty lots full of garbage and abandoned shopping carts, cigarette butts in the gutters, and everything else you'd expect of the largest city in Canada.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
yah, it's pretty much like that in most large cities. i guess i didn't consider that logic. it would probably be neat if in the city, you talk to someone and they point out why some of the buildings look so fresh.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Well... We finally are getting somewhere. Hopefully the first Beta soon...

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
Years
  • Age 35
  • GA
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
Someone at RMXP.org said that you've released some of your resources. Have you?

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Hii from your favourite Fangking!

A new and much improved Limeburg is now here. One must remember that there will also be some cut trees. 2 of the exits are only available via Surf, but are altogether fairly useful.

Most of the gym leaders have been sprited. Still waiting for a sprite for Helena.

Magnus
magnus9wx.png

Gym Leader of Pinefall City
Uses Electric types
Sprite by Serebii.net, edit from RSE, and The Fangking

Fiona
fionapb4.png

Gym Leader of Alderford City
Watcher of Larix Cave
Uses Grass types
Sprite by ccoa

Duncan
duncan.png

Gym Leader of Mezereon City
Leading scientist of S.U.M.
Designer of the Porygon program
Uses [indefinite – science/technical(?) +Virus] types
Sprite by ccoa

Joel
joel.png

Gym Leader of Taramind Island
Uses Ghost types
Sprite by ccoa

Hyde
hydeby9.png

Gym Leader of Overlake City
Uses Water/Ice types
Sprite by Feli and KangasKid

Darren
darren.png

Gym Leader of Paloverde City
Uses Dragon types
Sprite by ccoa

Helena
Gym Leader of Hazelfrost City
Uses Dark types

???
Gym Leader of Elderwood City

Exciting times for Acanthite! Only 2 interiors need to be made for the demo, and all of the necessary sprites and graphics are done already; once I receive a certain special package the path is clear - the demo will be on the brink of release!

FYI Some of my resources are in the Resources thread on this very board.

Last edited:

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
Years
I love them all apart from there is something about Hyde! Amazing and so is the new Limeburg Forest. Unbelievable work as always Fangking and our crew!

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Has Cindy, the Fire Gym Leader been Dropped?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Oh! News to me...

I didn't want my sprite to go to waste! XD XD XD

Plateface

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 12, 2007
loln00b.

Don't call them Fakemon, they're Pokemon. Fakemon is an insult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back