• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Yea, it sucks when you don't have money to buy legit copies and you're forced to use ROMs because Gen II games are hard to find =/

And in other news, I'm reviving the Pokemon Cycle Challenge!
Where you have to use a team of pokemon that is super effective against one another
For Example: Water > Ground > Poison > Grass :)
And to make it even fun for people to join, people that are currently doing the challenge can assign the team to other persons.

For example, I join the challenge and someone is requesting a team for Grass > Water > Fire, I can choose which Pokemon he will be using!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ugh yeah. I do have a Crystal but I don't really have any way to trade my Pokemon onto my Silver so I'm stuck there. And my Gold was lost years ago. :(

ooo that sounds like a fun challenge! I just decided that I'm going to do a Solo Challenge with Furret on White because I've been wanting to and I just don't have the motivation to continue the current challenge I have on my White (training ten Pokemon is hard). That and after this convo I want to do a challenge on an actual cartridge for a while haha. After that I'll probably be finished with making the Seasonal Challenge so I'll be putting that up!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
All this talk about different challenges really makes me wanna get more games! xD

Which challenge are you currently doing? Training ten Pokemon? O.o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Before I decided to do the Solo challenge I was doing a challenge where I went through the game with Ash's team. I used the Pokemon that he used in each gym battle, evolved them when he evolved them (if he even did) and same movesets. And since well... he had ten Pokemon switching around in Unova I was inevitably training ten Pokemon. I managed to get to the sixth badge before realizing a few things and I just lost motivation from there.

Frankly compared to that I think a solo challenge with a Furret is going to be easier haha.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Wow, how about Kanto? iirc, that's the region where he caught the most Pokemon, right?
And I'm currently doing two challenges now! I'm doing the Pokemon Cycle challenge & the Gym Leader challenge.

But, I don't know what my team is gonna be for the Pokemon Cycle challenge yet, since someone else is supposed to assign it to me :P

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I'm waiting on someone to assign me a team for the Random Challenge. Tbh,i'm kinda scared about what I'm gonna get. I don't want a Wobbuffet. ._.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I remember on the past Cycle Challenge thread, I got myself a Feebas. Omg... never again.

I'd take a Wobbuffet over a Feebas anytime.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I guess that would be true,though I still wouldn't like the fact of training a poke on counter hits only :/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think that if you got Feebas, they'd swap it for something else. It says in the rules that Pokemon like that, Caterpie, Kakuna, etc need to be swapped cause that's too hard. I'm sure someone somewhere would love the challenge of using those Pokemon though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh. When I assign teams, I always list final evolutions and not NFEs, unless that person wanted NFEs.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Oh! Sorry if you misunderstood! The person showed me a Milotic. But the only thing that passed through my head was "Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing, Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing, Feebas, 6 tiles, fishing.... Noooooo!"

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
OH I thought you meant someone gave you a Feebas. Like a straight Feebas. XD I do remember when you had that for a challenge though! Terribad.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Having to use Feebas and not allowed to evolve it? I'd rather get a Magikarp! At least it's common, LOL!

And yea, that was the only challenge I haven't been able to complete because I gave my Feebas too much berries and I couldn't get it's Beauty maxed out >.<

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Wow, how about Kanto? iirc, that's the region where he caught the most Pokemon, right?
And I'm currently doing two challenges now! I'm doing the Pokemon Cycle challenge & the Gym Leader challenge.

But, I don't know what my team is gonna be for the Pokemon Cycle challenge yet, since someone else is supposed to assign it to me :P
Kanto he kept switching out Pokemon and releasing Pokemon, but at least he wasn't cycling them around as much! And for the "pokemon league" i would probably just take the Pokemon he had during his last match when he was knocked out haha. But yeah Kanto I think would be pretty bad as well. Sinnoh would be a blast though! Actually had a pretty good team in the Sinnoh region.

Ugh Feebas. One reason why I'm glad I've used Milotic before taking on challenge since I'm doing this to use Pokemon I've never used before and such! Or not used very much or something along the lines haha. I was lucky when I found Feebas on my Emerald (before I lost it) and ... idk how I got Feebas on Pearl (before I lost it fjdks) but knowing me my luck wouldn't be so ... lucky if I tried having a Milotic on a team again.

Well I did quite a bit on the Solo Challenge today. Much easier when I don't have to use my phone or my computer ugh I want more hard copies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Haha you and me both, Tara! I just downloaded an Emulator to play Pokemon Gold on my phone because of all this talk about Emulators and whatnot! So right now, I got 3 challenges I'm going for! xD

Althought I'm waiting for the other one to be accepted onto the forum by Sydian :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey guys! Raffle winners in the event have been announced and the thread is opened up for a few more days. Go tell them congrats, and give Mac a thank you for RNGing the prizes! He did an amazing job. :D Don't growl too much if you didn't win, cause you still get a really cool emblem that I think you'll enjoy. :3

11wildy

Me!
Years
Well, I'm happy that I won, at least all the effort for finishing on time didn't go to waste :D. I will be sure to train it into a cute and fluffy Altaria! :)

(Or I could ev train it even :o)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back