• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totodilesteel99

Lord of Awesomeness
Years
No, sorry. I don't think there's another way. But if you walk, there's less chance of you get sunk. If you do get sunk, go Up, Right, Left, Down, Up ETC on your control pad, because that gets you out quicker.
Hope I helped!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Take the route south of Veilstone. There's no mud on that route. Lots of trainers and grass, but no mud. It's the route I always take to Pastoria. I didn't even know people took the muddy one there. lol

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Take the route south of Veilstone. There's no mud on that route. Lots of trainers and grass, but no mud. It's the route I always take to Pastoria. I didn't even know people took the muddy one there. lol

Wow, you saved me--thank you so much! Somehow I thought all the roads near Lake Valor were closed until after the fight with Team Galactic; I stand corrected. Note to future confused newbies: you'll need a team that averages 25th-30th level (not to mention lots of healing supplies) to survive the fights on that beach south of Pastoria City. Fisherman Kenneth's Gyarados nearly KO'd my 19th level Roselia when I'd gotten the overgrown fish barely conscious!

Last edited:

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Pastoria Gym: caught between buttons

Thanks to Sydian's advice, I finally made it to Pastoria City and got ready to fight Crasher Wake. The water-maze with the colorful buttons is harder to navigate than it looks, though: Even with a guide from the GameFAQs web site, I always end up caught between a green and a yellow button in the southeastern part of the maze. Could a more experienced player please tell me how to avoid this problem? The only way I could start over was to open a save-state I kept before setting foot in the gym.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's really difficult for me to give directions to anything, driving somewhere, gym puzzles, you name it lol. So instead of trying to explain and use my shaky memory of this gym, have this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCCW9qi1Rjw

idk if you're playing DP or Platinum, but I don't think the gym changed for those games...the link is for the DP version though, if in fact they are different. If you're playing Platinum and it doesn't look the same, I guess just search for a Platinum one instead. Cheers.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Hi everyone. I'm about to restart my Heart Gold and I'm thinking about what my final team would be:
160.png
arcanine.png
nidoking.png

ampharos.png
pidgeot.png
214-male-frame1.png

If anybody has any ideas for potential movesets, I'd really like to hear them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hi everyone. I'm about to restart my Heart Gold and I'm thinking about what my final team would be:
160.png
arcanine.png
nidoking.png

ampharos.png
pidgeot.png
214-male-frame1.png

Feraligatr achieves good coverage with its level-up moves alone:
-Waterfall/Aqua Tail
-Ice Punch/Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Superpower/Earthquake

Arcanine (idk here):
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crunch
-Thunder Fang

Nidoking has a pretty wide movepool physically and specially, so really, go with what you want, but it must always carry a Ground STAB and have Poison Point as an ability; Rivalry is very unreliable.

Ampharos:
-Thunderbolt
-Power Gem
-Signal Beam
-filler

Pidgeot (use it as your Fly slave):
-Fly
-*insert filler moves in last 3 slots*

Heracross is amazing in-game and competitively:
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Night Slash
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge
Ability: Guts

But you're going to have to use something else as your Surf slave or have Feraligatr drop a coverage move for Surf.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm sure competitive people would cringe at this, but Nidoking is able to learn Surf, and as PlatinumDude said, Nidoking has good attack and special attack, so you could always go mixed on his set and give him Surf. I don't think it'd be bad, and it'd allow Feraligatr to have Waterfall/Aqua Tail and get better use of either of those than it would from Surf.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
160.png
arcanine.png
nidoking.png

ampharos.png
pidgeot.png
214-male-frame1.png

Just a reminder that RMT questions (with incomplete teams) belong here. If you want any future help with your teams, that thread is your best friend! 8)

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've surfed over to Fuego Ironworks recently: the wild catches outside are great, the worker battles are OK, but those blasted spinning tiles are driving me nuts. How do I get the spin tiles to take me to that central room with the furnace and the boss? I keep missing that room no matter which path I choose.

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
HI!
I recently got a copy of SoulSilver and have made it to the third, ghost-type gym leader already! However, it was harder than i thought it would be and eventually i was down to level 8 Ratttata whom i only keep around for cut and rock smash. I was totally prepared to lose, go back to the pokemon center, and try agian, but the foe's Grengar used mean look! None of my moves effect him and none of his moves effect me except hypnosis! Please advise! i really don't want to turn off the game and have to restart the whole gym.
Thanks!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I've surfed over to Fuego Ironworks recently: the wild catches outside are great, the worker battles are OK, but those blasted spinning tiles are driving me nuts. How do I get the spin tiles to take me to that central room with the furnace and the boss? I keep missing that room no matter which path I choose.

Here's a map of Fuego Ironworks. http://www.psypokes.com/platinum/maps/fuegoironworks.png

HI!
I recently got a copy of SoulSilver and have made it to the third, ghost-type gym leader already! However, it was harder than i thought it would be and eventually i was down to level 8 Ratttata whom i only keep around for cut and rock smash. I was totally prepared to lose, go back to the pokemon center, and try agian, but the foe's Grengar used mean look! None of my moves effect him and none of his moves effect me except hypnosis! Please advise! i really don't want to turn off the game and have to restart the whole gym.
Thanks!

Are you like...in the battle right now? Sadly, there's nothing you can do if that's the case. You can maybe get Struggle to activate, but he might too, and he'd definitely be able to take out a Ratatta with it. Just take the loss, grind your levels more, and go back. Level 24 is the minimum I'd go in there.

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
Are you like...in the battle right now? Sadly, there's nothing you can do if that's the case. You can maybe get Struggle to activate, but he might too, and he'd definitely be able to take out a Ratatta with it. Just take the loss, grind your levels more, and go back. Level 24 is the minimum I'd go in there.

Ok, i just powered off and went pack to my last save( start of gym). this time, i'm leaving my Rattata in the PC. My problem was that i couldn't die, couldn't kill him, and couldn't switch out. i was stuck. actually, i'd better leave my Slowpoke behind too. Thanks for your help!

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Bold Roselia evades me!

Hey there guys :D. I'm trying to catch a bold Roselia female, so far no luck but I did catch these(Pictures down below):

I'm getting kind of frustrated... it's like a 1 in 10 chance for a female Rosella, and after all those catches... none were bold. Any tips on speeding this process up?

*A way to make only roselia's appear?
*or only females?

Thanks guys.

Edit: Ohp... nevermind I'm not allowed to post pictures yet. But i have two PC boxes entirely full with roselia females.

Here's a link to my photobucket s214.beta.photobucket.com/user/Thor070/media/Roselias3.png (.html)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's not a way to make only Roselia appear, but if you change your lead Pokemon to a male Pokemon with Cute Charm, it'll attract more females. Or a Synchronize lead with a bold nature. That'll attract Bold Pokemon. Depends on what you need more. The female or the Bold nature.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
Thanks for the tips!
It has to be both bold and female, I have a bold budew, but it's male... ugh I wonder if Budew can learn synchonize...

oh.. it's an ability. argh!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Cute Charm and Synchronize are both abilities, so you're going to have to choose one to be your lead. You can't have both. That's why I said you need to decide what's more important. The nature, or the gender. It'd be easier to find a male Cute Charm lead though. Clefairy isn't too hard to find, if I remember right.

Years
Also, adding to what Sydian stated, Roselia has a 50-50 chance of being either male or female.

If you have been finding too many of a specific gender, you might just be unlucky. Like Sydian said, Clefairy would make a good Cute Charm lead to attract certain genders but be warned that some Clefairy have Magic Guard instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back