• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon NeoEras - The Tropical Adventure~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hey guys, just checking in! Sorry I haven't posted the update yet, I'm still working on it D: But I know you'll love it! In any case I'm working on a lot of mapping right now and going back to edit a bunch of things.

Archayos our scripter has donated a few new tunes for the game, and all of them are extremely good~

Right now I'm about to head off to pick up the ol' pencil and start drawing some art for the next update...

Here's a quick screenshot for you guys~ :D

surfingng6.png

RSLaehnart

Pokémon Dance Troupe HR
Years
I like the rocks in the water in that last screen. It give an illusion that they are made of different types of stone. Well done! ^^

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
loool

@KurowaSan: Yep, it's pretty much the same city still aswell :P Except the Leader's name is different x_x

@RSLaehnart: Yep, yep, that was the idea ^_^ I love making water routes, they're quite fun to mix up the area around them~

Right now I'm back tracking and doing heavy modifications to previous maps and old dialog. Stay tuned for the next update guys! Yes, I'm still working on it ^_@ But I'm sure you'll all love it~!

Hey guys, I'm sort of stuck on redoing the Outa Region Map. Now, as you can see, I have my own custom graphics for the Region Map however I was wondering if I should revert back to the FR/LG style (since it is FR/LG based :P), or should I just keep on using mine? OR should I use the FR/LG STYLE, but keep my own custom town/city icons? I personally like the last option, but I'm asking you guys! : D

RSLaehnart

Pokémon Dance Troupe HR
Years
I like the current one as well. A few small changes could be made, but mostly I think it looks better than the FR/LG ones.

On the larger cities and towns the little silver dots can overlap the red blocks and still look nice.
I'm not entirely sure what the little green block is for..?
The water in the background, how you have it in ovals, might look better if you switched it with the FR/LG background. (you know the blue bars? But maybe in a different shade...)
Some of the shading on the underside of the land masses make it look like there's a cliff at the bottom of every piece of land; it's because of the shade of that brownish-green used there.
The only other thing I can say about the town map is that everything on the main land looks really close together. There, I nit-picked your town map. lol I hope this helps.

Oh, I was also thinking about your region name. You said it was based on Okinawa? I was thinking that maybe you should call it Oukita? It brings a bit more of it's base into the name and it doesn't remind people of the word 'outer'. It's just a suggestion anyway. I really like where this is going and I hope I've helped in some way after making this wall-o-text for you. lol ^^

Best intentions, and good luck!

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Yeah, RSLaehnart has a point. Outa sounds kinda like a pun on Outer, and besides, Oukita sounds a lot cooler. About the region map, I think it looks good the way it is. It isn't DP-style, and the FRLG style looks sick, so this is pretty original. My opinion counts, I'm the owner! >_<

RSLaehnart

Pokémon Dance Troupe HR
Years
I'm glad you liked the name idea Archayos. ^^ The only reason I really put it there was every time I read Outa it read it as Outer. lol

→ clocks everywhere →
Years

Pokemon, Stories, and Creepy Girl~!June 17th, 08

Now for what you've all been waiting for, the highly anticipated update for the week!

riandgiaei9.gif

The mysterious duo is revealed! What could they be? Legendaries? Or something more? All we have are names and a brief description of what they could rule over. Is the information correct? I certainly don't know~

neocenter.png

Let's roll the screenshots, however today we have some special sequential screenshots, so they aren't just your average run-of-the-mill snapshots! Pay attention closely, and tell me what YOU think is going on!

sorosecity.png

Quick snapshot of a new city!

GymLeader-1.png

A Gym Leader Revealed! But is she more than just a Gym Leader?! Keep looking to find out...

RocketBase.png

It looks like you won't be getting past him being just a trainer....

What.png

But what if you're a Team Rocket Grunt?!

PlotTwist.png

whaaat?!

But wait, didn't Team Rocket disappear years ago, far before the events of Team Galactic in Sinnoh? That's strange... Wait, where IS this base? And why is a Gym Leader there? o_o

neocenter.png

Lapras.png

Sorose City Gym~
While the second agenda of the Gym Leader, Seiya, is unknown, she still poses as the Gym Leader of the gloomy and rainy city. Seiya is a Water Type gym leader, so it's in your best interests to bring out electric Pokemon and grass Pokemon to beat her. Of course this task won't always be easy, as she is the owner of various powerful Pokemon that know an array of attacks. Oh! Did I forget to mention that the NeoEras' Gym Leaders are harder than those in the official games? : )

SeiyaGym.png

Her Gym doesn't look so easy now, does it? You'll have to be moving around continously to find all the correct switches to get the floating walkways to align correctly so you can make your way to the final battle.

neocenter.png

Pokemon NeoEras Official Website~! Click Here to Enter

Oh wow, NeoEras now even has an official website! Can it get any bigger?! I have TREMENDOUS thanks to the new Crew member, Decypher, who came to me asking if he could help. And in the end, he ended up designing this lovely home page for our fangame!

But don't go thinking we reposted information on the site! If you look around, you will be able to find various goodies that are exclusive to the Official Site. Oh, by the way, it might be in your best interests to book mark the official page if you like this project; various screenshots, information, and goodies will be released exclusively on the official site and not on the PokeCommunity Thread! Keep Watch guys! : D

neocenter.png

Well I'm Krimm, and this has been your Super-Big-ish Update from Pokemon NeoEras~! If you guys have any ideas for the game, you're free to shout your ideas and the thread! Who knows, it may even be added! : D

Thanks a ton to everyone who's contributed so far ^__^

-And finally, stay tuned as a Shadow of a New Pokemon will be released in the posts to come~!

-Krimm

Attention All Members of PC: We're recruiting a Sugimori artist!
Anyone who knows how to draw and color, or even do pixel arts of
Pokemon is welcome to join us! We're highly interested in getting
some arts for new Pokemon to spice up the updates!

Now we are also looking for a Music Composer! If you can modify/edit or create your own
Pokemon Themed music, you're welcome to join us! : D

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Awesome update Krimm! I love the new pokemon, the gym looks great and being able to dress up as a Team Rocket Grunt...pure class! Pm me if you need any more Overworlds or sprites.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ah sweet. Those 2 new Pokemon look really good. I'm guessing they are legendaries. Are you following the Pokemon "mythos" or are you coming up with your out set of legends for the game. (Like is it going to be the same of the official games' storyline of what each legendary has done or created?).
How do you get the uniform? You beat me to the punch on something I had down the pipeline lol.
I can't guess really what's happening.... Your in a hideout, thats all I can figure out ha.
Good update.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2010
This is looking great. Ill be supporting you all the way or as much as i can.

BTW i noticed in all of your screenies with the menu open that there was no pokedex. Is the purpose of this one not to see them all?

RSLaehnart

Pokémon Dance Troupe HR
Years
A gym leader part of Team Rocket..? Can this game get any better? But wait - There's more! harder gym leaders, array of moves, sounds awesome!
Here's an idea, how about you add in some unofficial gyms to! They did it in the anime, why not here?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Oh yes.
The website has been made.
WORLD DOMINATIOOOOOOOOOOONNN!!!!!

Anyways...

Ria and Gia, you used the body poses of Dialga and Palkia.
Sneaky.
They look too Mardi Gra like, though.

The new city, looks like a town which...does not have a gym leader.
I love the braids in that girls hair.

Seiya...why am I thinking of Saiyu....
I love how she looks, and her ever-so secret agenda.
However, hasn't that been used by: Sabrina, Giovanni and Lt. Surge?

Keh!

I love how the Team Rocket grunt show's himself in plain view.

And... I GET TO BE A GRUNT?! ROXRSLOLLMAOROFL!!!!!

And, I wuv the base.

I will beat the gym leader, just give me a download!

My two cents.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments ^_^ I can tell we're getting somewhat popular since I've already seen 2 other games with the same first post setup as we do lol. Oh well, they all look good ^_^

It's time to answer some questions and release the Aftershock of the update, the new Shadow~! Let's begin!

@Neo-Dragon: lol, sorry about that. I've just been having too much fun with the Change Hero Graphic command loool.

@Bass-Man: That is mainly because we're still -testing- things, however I CANNOT pormise that the PokeDex will for sure be in the final game. It may be replaced by something else or perhaps nothing at all : p but chances are it'll still be there.

@RSLaehnart: if that's what you believe~ : D I plan on releasing more confusing screenshots of the plotline to mix up things. But I'll tell you this, Seiya is definitely a character that'll be showing up more than once.

@Libra: >.o Yes, I knew someone would see that. Believe it or not, Ria and Gia were sprited before D/P was even announced, let alone released so I have no intentions with removing it. Same thing with our Chansey prevo D: Stupid Nintendo!

Seiya was named before Saiyu even became Saiyuri : P

And what do you mean it looks like a town? : x If you're talking about the map itself then you're wrong lol. It's actually rather big, I've only shown like 3 screenshots of it XDDD

You will, I didn't say they were unbeatable, just tougher :3

whosbe5.gif

As for your Progress update, I'm remapping a few maps I've done mainly because I don't like them. That, or just completely editting them : p I'm also going to begin work on the updated Outa Region Map and make it a bit more exotic loool.

And hopefully the revelation of this Shadow will trigger some brain power in you guys later on ^_^ You'll see what I mean soon~

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
that shadow it looks like a bird or a dragon could be legendary or it could be an evolve form of noctowl intresting hmmmmm?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
The screens and Pokemon r good, but I found an error:
RocketBase.png

U 4got to put a capital "B" where it says below.

Years
Sweet update. I like where this game is going. I like the "Who's that Pokémon" you have going on here. I like the legendaries, or what I think are legendaries. Overall, a fantastic update as usual.

A gym leader part of Team Rocket..? Can this game get any better? But wait - There's more! harder gym leaders, array of moves, sounds awesome!
Here's an idea, how about you add in some unofficial gyms to! They did it in the anime, why not here?

For the record... Giovanni, the original gym leader of Viridian City, was the leader of Team Rocket. While it is a great idea, it has been done before. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back