• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You can now revive one series.

pkmin3033

What do you choose, why do you choose it, and what sort of game would your revival be - a sequel, prequel, remake, or spinoff?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I am not a fan of Spinoff or remake. I would go with sequel or prequelé
My favorite game is Banjo-Tooie. I would love to see a new Banjo game like that...but I know it won't be like I want it to be...
I want a third Portal so bad </3 I think those games are great. I can't see them going on and on, but one last one would be nice.
As much as I am not a fan of remake, I think a remake of Harvest Moon: Friends of mineral town can b a good idea? It is themost popular Harvest Moon probably. It is a fan's favorite. A remake with the same characters, same town, items, etc. I like this idea. I love 2D games so I inda wish it would be 2D, but the mechanics can sure get some changes. Now you can do everything so quicker and simpler (thinking raising crop, etc.).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
X-Wing. Flight sim games are a rare and dying breed but there is just something about Star Wars that makes it so much fun. Even in Star Wars Battlefront(where they added a Space component), it gives a feel for Space battles but it's nothing like the 90's games. I bring it up because when you watch Star Wars Clone Wars and/or Rebels, it makes you want to play those games that made the 90's. I'm even including its Imperial counterpart in Tie Fighter.

Two other franchises I'd like to see revived(properly may I add), would be Command and Conquer(C&C 95 remastered would be sick as hell. Tiberian Sun remastered would be cool too) and Starbound(Starbound 2 was the last game before the company went belly-up. Game had promise too for its time).

TY

Command & Conquer, although not EA-era C&C as then it would die straight away.

the Westwood era with Red Alert 2, Tiberian Sun. Those were golden times.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Bully. Rockstar usually doesn't have a problem with making sequels. It's sad this game is the exception.

Years
I really wish the Skate series would come back. I grew up on the Tony Hawk games, and Skate was such a huge step forward in the genre, and I hated that it just disappeared after they put out 3 good games in 4 years. Of course EA shuttering Black Box kills a lot of my hope, but there were rumours of it coming back around E3 (and it was actually one of my two big wishes for the show this year), so I was obviously bummed when nothing came of it. Maybe one day, though...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Clearly showing my age when I add the following titles but there were two titles from Bullfrog in Theme Park and Syndicate that were just addicting as hell to play. Compared to modern games they're complete crap but at the time... they were awesome.

Here's some Syndicate gameplay:

Theme park intro and gameplay:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
attempt to bring back Grandia. not sure if should start with remakes of 1 and 2 or make a Grandia 4

alternatively, HD remaster of Xenosaga triology

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Golden Sun. It just doesn't feel right to have it end on a cliffhanger, even if the last game didn't quite live up to its predecessors.
alternatively, HD remaster of Xenosaga triology
You know what I'd find a lot more interesting?
- a fully remade full length Xenogears
- a full length Xenosaga (aka all six games that it was meant to be)

Reactions: Nah
Years
..... I GOT A LIST OF OBSCURE GAME'S I'D WANT TO REVIVE!!!! CHECK OUT GAMERS OBSCUREA!!! THEY ALL NEED TO BE REVIVED!!!.... But if there was a series I want to revive, I'd be torn between three titles at the top of my list...

1st - Oni~
Oni was a game that was created by both Rockstar and Bungie to create an open-ish world of Martial Art's and 3rd person shooting and I loved it. If it we're to be revived, I'd pay for an HD re-release where they would touch up the model graphics, the game physics, add in that multiplayer that would give it it's edge and leave in the old fashioned anime art and we would have one bad-ass game ready to serve to the public. It's a title I WANT to see revived and would through MONEY AT.... From the MONEY TRAIN MADE OF MONEY!

2nd - Solatorobo
... I am not a furry at heart, but it's an action RPG with mech's, floating islands and ships with hunters, sky pirates and.... It's just freaking beautiful man. It's basically my Skies of Arcadia 2..., It deserves another shot in the west... Too bad Atlas won't push for a sequel or at most a re-revival.... The game's art is beautiful, the machanics, while slightly clunky in execution, are tight and fun to play. The story is.... ok, it's not epic enough to write home about, but it's a pretty awesome story where they give the middle finger to the epic prophecy. If this was an anime, I'd buy the entire season and books included, even if I had to declare bankruptcy...

3rd- Fur Fighters
Fur Fighter's was roughly, one of the first few games to be Overwatch in a sense. You had a vast array of character's with special abilities and each character could do something to get an edge over the other player's in the game providing you used your ability properly... IT's not the same as Overwatch, but in Overwatch, you have characters you can play with that all have special abilities to help get the job done. In fur fighter's, you have the same but no ultimate skill. The game can still be picked up brand new over Iphone or and iDevice, but I'm not an apple person... and I would pay to have a Digital DRM or CD-free copy of the game... With the updated models and textures of course from the PS2 copy of the game... Maybe even go ahead and make a sequel.

Years
Easy.

Golden Sun, but actually good, unlike the mediocre (at least comparatively) Dark Dawn.

The first two games are both gems and real highlights of the GBA's library, and it's a shame they didn't catch on more than they did

VHS

"bless yo trap"
Years
The SSX series, I can dedicate my childhood to these games. Everything is highly customizable. It's a snowboarding game with the arcade/race genre and it's pretty intense. A real standout for a game that was published in 2003.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Well, my first choice would be probably be the Suikoden series. All the world-building and build up of finally being able to visit Crystal Valley and then the series abruptly comes to an end with Konami having no intention of reviving it. It hurts, man.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I'd revive Mega Man X, the most enjoyable platfomer games imo. The last one was X8 back in 2005, and after X8 they just release collections that contain many games in one.

Would be really cool if Capcom decide to revive the series, and make X9's gameplay even more fast-paced and fluid than the previous games already was.

Back