• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What part annoyed you the most in the 3d Gen Games?

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
Years
Add this to the list: Finding Latias/Latios. Initially you have NO IDEA where it is, so you waste tons of time and repels trying to locate it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 22, 2013
What annoyed me the most about Gen 3 was the huntail/gorebyss evolution items. If you could get both of them in one game, I'd have completed the Hoenn dex by now -.-

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Hoenn: F'n, the electric building south of Watson's Gym. Coudn't run in that building, ECH!!

Kanto: The number islands, such a waste of time.

Ehrgeiz

CustomTitle1.Show()
Years
Catching a Feebas!

Then, Figuring out nothing cool happened after you've gotten 100 successful flights in the Mossdeep Space Center.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2016
Beating the Elite Four on Ruby. It was a pain in the ass, especially Drake.
But I must say the Victory Road wasn't nice either.

Years
No one's mentioned Emerald's Battle Frontier? I bought Emerald when it first came out. 8 years later, STILL haven't beaten it.

For FR/LG it was the Gen II happiness evolutions being disabled for no apparent reason. Especially since they make you watch the animation anyway every time your Golbat/Chansey/whatever levels up with max happiness...

OmegaTL

Time Lord
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Sky Pillar. I hope I never come across anything like that again.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Trying to land in Mirage Island and Shoal Cave with dead battery. You know what? I wouldn't have even gone there if it wasn't for Snorunt and Liechi Berry. Thankfully I got a Snorunt in Emerald, and then proceeded to get it on Ruby holding the Liechi Berry. I wouldn't want to go through this trouble again, nope.

Years
Cave on the island, with the second gym I think. If I'm right there was a guy with Devon goods(?) in the cave? Let's just say, I had no idea what Flash is nor how to use it. So yeah, Cave without Flash.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Every time I entered Hoenn's ocean I would dread the masses of weak Pokémon I had to encounter
ed2305b7.png

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
My main beef with Ruby and Sapphire is Norman. Why?

Spoiler:

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Making it up Sky Tower without falling through the tiles and the length and confusing-ness of Victory Road were probably the two most annoying aspects of the R/S/E games.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
Making it up Sky Tower without falling through the tiles and the length and confusing-ness of Victory Road were probably the two most annoying aspects of the R/S/E games.

Forgot about the terrible Sky Tower...

The unbearable horror that is Hoenn's Water Routes.

How can you hate the water routes? Sure the Pokémon encounters were annoying, but it was way better than land routes imo.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
Can anybody agree that R/S/E's Victory Road was the toughest one in pokemon HISTORY?

Back