• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Ultra Wormholes (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Anyone who's completed the main story knows about the strangely addictive, Sonic-esque mini game.

How did you like it? Have you caught all the available Pok?mon, including shiny forms and Legendaries? What controls did you use?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Actually, this isn't spoilers anymore. The game's been out for 6 months now to the point where lots of people have already completed it, and so the plot is pretty much well-known right now, including the new bosses and the plot twists.

Anyway, I'm gonna admit that I'm actually a little rusty on wormhole riding. The last time I did it was around Christmas last year to clean out the last hole that I had to get a legendary from, with which case it was Landorus. After that, I basically didn't touch the wormholes anymore because I got what I needed, including the UBs, with their correct nature. As for the minigame itself, the controls are pretty stiff to start off with and I had trouble trying to steer Solgaleo at speed, so I kept crashing into electricity orbs and as a result falling into a hole I really didn't want to be in. As for shiny hunting, I'm not really interested in doing it, especially considering I've gotten a lot of wormhole shinies over Wonder Trade.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
The controls are pretty stiff, but with the circle pad I find it much easier to travel longer distances. I actually prefer this mini-game to Mantine Surfing. It's so mindless that it relaxes me, as well being more rewarding (unless you can acquire wormhole Pok?mon the easy way via trade).

So far I have caught two UBs, three shinies and ten Legendaries. I'm holding out for a Suicune!

Back