• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Corner's Official RNG Tutoring Program [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Trade Corner's RNG mentoring program
Tired of digging around in outdated RNG guides and not understanding a single word? Have you watched YouTube tutorials for hours and still can't keep up their tempo? Or perhaps you just want to try, but you think it would be better to have the guidance of someone more experienced? If "yes" is your answer any of these questions, then you're in the right place! Our mentors will work at your pace and help you through all the steps, providing tips and tricks for a smoother experience. So what are you waiting for? Sign up for our RNG mentoring program! If you have any questions about how this works, contact twistedpuppy, Mac, or tabor62!

Mentee Application form
Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG: (Capture, Breeding, Wonder Card, RNG ID/SID, Entralink, Roamers)

If you're an experienced RNG abuser, like helping other people, and have the knowledge needed to introduce newcomers to the art of RNG, apply to become an RNG mentor!

Mentor Application form
Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:
Max. amount of tutees at a time:

Emblems
There are two emblems to be awarded to both mentors and mentees who successfully complete the program. The requirements for the emblems are as shown.

Mentee Emblem
ioi3xLM.png

• Mentees must showcase their first RNG project.
Mentor Emblem
X83Ebsd.png

• Mentors must have successfully helped at least 2 mentees.

Participating Members
Mentees Mentors
Username: shayminskyforme88
Availability: weekend nights
Timezone: GMT+8
Preferred Game:Gen III and Gen IV(Already learned how to on Gen V except hitting the
Exact seed for BW2, and would want to learn for earlier games)
Field of RNG: Capture, Breeding, Wonder Card, RNG ID/SID, Entralink, Roamers

Username: Selmign
Availability: Weekends and a couple days during the week.
Timezone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Preferred Game: Gen V & IV
Field of RNG: Anything to start

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG:
Username: Gonz0
Availability: Weekday evenings, weekends.
Timezone: CET (UTC +2 DST/UTC +1)
Area of Expertise: III Gen, IV Gen (anything but radar abuse), V Gen (anything but Entralink abuse). Experienced in both PPRNG And RNG Reporter.
Experience: Extensive
Max. amount of tutees at a time: 2

Username: Champloo
Availability: Most definitely weekends and periodically throughout the week
Timezone: EDT (UTC -4 DST)
Area of Expertise: Gen III, Gen IV, Gen V
Experience: Extensive

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Area of Expertise:
Experience:
Class Assignments
Gonz0, currently tutoring: (name goes here)
Champloo, currently tutoring: (name goes here)
(name goes here), currently tutoring: (name goes here)

Rules:
- Mentors will choose their mentees. If a mentee isn't chosen within a week, the mentee will be assigned by a moderator or [supporter]Gonz0[/supporter] (as he runs the program).
- Don't be rude, should be obvious.

(I'd edit the CSS but this CSS is ... quite difficult to edit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Welcome everyone to Trade Corner's official RNG tutoring program! We are taking applications for mentors now. These will need to be posted here.

Thanks!

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Gonz0
Weekday evenings, weekends. Actual tutoring session to be arranged individually.
CET (UTC +2 DST/UTC +1)
III Gen, IV Gen (anything but radar abuse), V Gen (anything but Entralink abuse). Experienced im both PPRNG And RNG Reporter.
Experience? Just look at the Art of RNG both this year's and last year's threads. I've already taught some of trade corner's regulars and people fromacji Polish communities.

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Years
Username: shayminskyforme88
Availability: weekend nights
Timezone: GMT+8
Preferred Game:Gen III and Gen IV(Already learned how to on Gen V except hitting the
Exact seed for BW2, and would want to learn for earlier games)
Field of RNG: Capture, Breeding, Wonder Card, RNG ID/SID, Entralink, Roamers

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
Username: Champloo
Availability: Most definitely weekends and periodically throughout the week
Timezone: EDT
Area of Expertise: Gen III, Gen IV, Gen V
Experience: I think the vast amount of giveaways I've done of my own RNGed Pokemon speaks for itself.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2013
Username: Selmign
Availability: Weekends and a couple days during the week.
Timezone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Preferred Game: Gen V & IV
Field of RNG: Anything to start

I think this is a great idea by the way guys :D

-Ok so as an update, I've read through a few guides and watched a couple tutorials on YouTube, but still haven't been successful. I've been attempting to RNG in SoulSilver using the Smogon guide for Gen IV, but am stuck at the whole hitting seed/frame advancement. I understand concepts, but I know I'm doing something completely stupid because this last time I tried, I ended up needing to advance 841 frames. I knew something was wrong, but I attempted it anyway and after finally hitting my seed I lost count at 4xx. If anyone could lend a hand, it would be extremely appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I will speak to both of the mentors shortly and assign the classes, just please be patient! :)

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Just fill out this handy form o 3o

Username:
Availability:
Timezone:
Preferred Game:
Field of RNG: (Capture, Breeding, Wonder Card, RNG ID/SID, Entralink, Roamers)

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I forgotz how to RNG. Need a refresher.

Username: twistedpuppy
Availability: Mostly available on all days except for Mondays and Wednesdays.
Timezone: UTC-5
Preferred Game: Black → Black 2 → SoulSilver
Field of RNG: Capture, Breeding, Wonder Card, RNG ID/SID

Years
From the trade room chat I was advised to come here. I was thinking of watching videos to learn the Art of RNG but I feel asking from professionals would be a good step to take. My times of availability are very good so hopefully ill be chosen soon to be a mentee.

Username: Swift
Availability: ANY DAY, ANYTIME until school begins on 8/19 (For Fridays: anytime after 9:10)
Timezone: UTC-06:00 Central Time (US & Canada)
Preferred Game: Gen V (Pokémon Black 2) Played on the 3DS XL
Field of RNG: Never done it, but I have patience to learn the ropes. I would honestly like to start from where the mentor would feel would be the first thing to try out on doing RNG

P.S. - Black 2 Status: Beaten the game. I'm currently going Pokédex hunting, filling up my Pokédex as much as possible before I begin any sort of EV/IV training

Last edited:

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Username: Jolteon*
Availability: Kind of sporadic. Definitely after midnight est, but should be on randomly during the day (probably from like 1-3 most days and sometimes earlier)
Timezone: EST
Preferred Game: Emerald
Field of RNG: Captureing wild Pokémon and stationary legendaries (or whatever is possible in third generation)

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Username: greg0915
Availability: pretty much 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm all week
Timezone: GMT 0
Area of Expertise: Gen IV: HG/SS Breed + Capture + ID/SID Abuse , D/P/PT Capture + ID/SID Abuse | Gen V: B/W Capture + Breed + ID/SID Abuse + Wondercard + Starter
Experience: I mainly specialize in capture RNG however I can Breed If it's not possible to capture.
Max. amount of tutees at a time: 1

Username: greg0915
Availability: pretty much 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm all week
Timezone: GMT 0
Preferred Game: B/W + D/PT + HG
Field of RNG: 5 Gen: Entralink, Roamers (B/W) | 4 Gen: Roamers ( HG/SS + D/P/PT) | 3 Gen: Breeding (depending on what's possible and realistic)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I forgotz how to RNG. Need a refresher.

Username: twistedpuppy
Availability: Mostly available on all days except for Mondays and Wednesdays.
Timezone: UTC-5
Preferred Game: Black → Black 2 → SoulSilver
Field of RNG: Capture, Breeding, Wonder Card, RNG ID/SID

I'm not a tutor, but I'll take care of this one. :3

Years
UPDATE: I ordered a DS Lite which should arrive on Wednesday/Thursday to make it easier for whomever my mentor is, cuz I've been hearing that trying to RNG on a 3DS will be much harder than standard DS/DSis. Also RNG breeding was out of the question for 3DSs which is an extreme bummer

From the trade room chat I was advised to come here. I was thinking of watching videos to learn the Art of RNG but I feel asking from professionals would be a good step to take. My times of availability are very good so hopefully ill be chosen soon to be a mentee.

So here's my update. Anything changed is marked with an *
Username: Swift
Availability: ANY DAY, ANYTIME until school begins on 8/19 (For Fridays: anytime after 9:10)
Timezone: UTC-06:00 Central Time (US & Canada)
*Preferred Game: Gen V (Pokémon Black 2) Currently Played on the 3DS XL, but will soon be played on DS Lite
Field of RNG: Never done it, but I have patience to learn the ropes. I would honestly like to start from where the mentor would feel would be the first thing to try out on doing RNG

P.S. - Black 2 Status: Beaten the game. I'm currently going Pokédex hunting, filling up my Pokédex as much as possible before I begin any sort of EV/IV training

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
Username: Wiilio
Availability: Sundays, Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays (I'm in college, so sometimes I may need to take a day or two)
Timezone: EST (UTC-5)
Preferred Game: Any Gen IV/V (including BW2)
Field of RNG: Capture (Emerald - V), Breeding (Gens IV/V), RNG ID/SID (Gens IV/V), Roamers (Gens IV/V), Wonder Card

Years
Username: sky*dragon
Availability: almost everyday except if i have school or something thats keeping me off
Timezone: GMT 2+
Preferred Game: Pokemon Black 2
Field of RNG: Capture. Breeding(if possible on black 2). ID/SID for shiny starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back