• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final episode of the anime

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
If the anime were to end, what do you think will happen/what would you want to happen in the final episode? Ash becomes a Pokémon master after winning another league and defeating the Elite 4 in the episodes leading up to the finale? Ash decides to stop travelling and pursue some occupation in the Pokémon world? Ash goes back to Kanto and becomes a gym leader or battle frontier brain? Or would they just have it similar to other finales and have it be nothing more than Ash leaving the region and returning home?

Something I thought of in the theories thread that I think would be an interesting finale either after Ash becomes a master or if they end up not having Ash become a master or win the region league or etc: Reveal that the theory that Ash has been in a coma/dream since the first episode is true. Have the last episode be that Ash wakes up either on the ground in the forest he was in at the end of the first episode or in a hospital bed or in his bed at home and his mom, Oak, and for the first time his father are around him to see if he's alright and Ash starts describing what he dreamt about and his father or his mom realizes that what he's discussed is the stories his father told him about his adventures. Maybe at the very end have Gary come in to gloat that he won the Kanto league or became a master himself, triggering Ash to beat him for real (it would be that this takes place just after the very first episode, not that he's been in a coma for 20+ years)

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Honestly i'd frame it like this...

Open to Satoshi in the finals of a Pokemon League (Getting there by battling some of his previous rivals and some of the champions he faced before) opposite to him a rather polarizing figure stood (Someone like Red or someone touted as the best trainer ever) even though he's slightly older the fire of pokemon battle still burned bright in his heart.

As his second to last pokemon falls after a valiant battle(Probably Charizard) against his opponents last pokemon (Legendary or mega). Satoshi approaches his partner in the eyes.

"Here we go Pikachu your up." as he stared at his oldest friends eyes, he felt it, faint as it might've been. A fighting spirit that burned even brighter than his...

Satoshi sends out pikachu and the epic final battle begun. Move after move, counter after counter, the two pokemon trainers perfectly synced with their parteners but in a clash of the two Pokemons signature moves. (Lightning bolt from pikachu of course) Pikachu is blasted backwards towards Satoshi, who in turn catches his partner both of them hit the floor hard.

The official slowly approaches the two of them, but before he could make a call.

"DON'T GIVE UP SATOSHI!!!" the voice of someone important to him echoed in the stadium. (Serena, Misty, or anyone you want to paired up with him at the time)

Queue the Current pokemon intro song. (I have the song Volt in my head as I write this)

The two stands up to the roar of the crowd which is filled with all of his old friends and companions. Satoshi places his signature hat atop Pikachu's head.

"Let's win this partner..."

Satoshi unleashes his trump card his new Z-move... 10 mil volt thunder bolt attack... and wins after a beam struggle (DBZ style :D )

Satoshi holds up the trophy and the series ends with Satoshi finally becoming a pokemon master.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
That would be a pretty epic finale. Pikachu should definitely be the last Pokémon he uses to win, even if he has a really strong or even legendary final evolution Pokémon on his team at the time.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have never liked the coma theory. It is obvious at this point in time that he isn't in a coma.

Any, my final would not be the league. It would be a large arc spanning about 50 or so episodes. Where Ash and his friends take down Team Rocket. Giovanni has finally gotten a team of legendary pokemon like he has always wanted and is attempting to take over the world. Ash brings back all of his strongest pokemon to stop them. But Giovanni is too powerful.

That is when Ash's father arrives with Mewtwo and Lugia. Ho-oH appears to Ash and they team up with each other to stop Giovanni. Pikachu would be helping Ho-oH.

Every character that Ash has met that has had an impact, at least as much as Casey would return.

Giovanni could also team up with Ghetsis, Lysandre, Hunter J and Cyrus while Archie, Maxie, N, Guzama, Aether team up with Ash and his friends.

Team Rocket Trio would betray Giovanni and turn the tide of battle to bring down Team Rocket.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Wow, that would actually be an awesome way to end the series! It incorporates all the major characters over the years and all the different legendries and most powerful Pokémon. I feel like what you wrote could've been Pokémon Generations if they really went for it and each episode was the same length as a regular TV episode.

Guest123_x1

Though I've discussed this issue of a series finale over and over before, I'd be pleased if the series finale featured all of Ash's past traveling companions, from Misty and Brock all the way to Serena, return for one final visit, and perhaps Ash finally winning a League.

However, like I've said numerous times before, I have long believed that the anime will actually end with Ash and whoever he has traveling with him at the time falling seriously ill to the point of no recovery. This would be in the realm of how some soap operas and other dramatic television series "kill off" characters just prior to the show's cancellation (like Loving did when it ended in 1995, and Lost did several years ago.)

Years
if it were to end, i would want to end with ash winning a league for once. afterwards, ash finds gary and battles him for the final time. it wouldn't be as elaborate as some of the other endings here, but i think it would be enough to make some people happy.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I would like to see a final battle with Gary too, although Gary's been off the show for so long that no one besides long-time followers will know who he is.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm not sure if they could end the series on a note everyone would be proud of. I mean XYZ could have ended it just superbly. He wins a league and gets the girl with the Epilogue showing a much older Ash and Serena with two Pikachu's(Ash and Serena's) as they ride off on Ryhorn into the sunset. Irregardless of what league or championship Ash happens to win, that Ryhorn scene with Serena would certainly get every fan choked up.

Speaking of which Serena adds a Pikachu, Ryhorn and Buneary to her team.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
How would I want it to end?

Right OK. He loses a league. Doesn't matter which league, just so long as he's never won a league.

He decides; "that's it. I give up". Throws his hat to the ground and enjoys time with his Pok?mon. Doesn't enter any more leagues, just enjoys his life.

Shows over folks. No memories of past companions. No montage of almost victories or great moments. There will be too many at this point to fit them all in.

Doesn't matter if he's saved the world a bunch of times, his main goal of being a Pok?mon master is never fulfilled after twentyish years of pent up frustration from being so close and yet so far.

Guest123_x1

He decides; "that's it. I give up". Throws his hat to the ground and enjoys time with his Pok?mon. Doesn't enter any more leagues, just enjoys his life.

(snip)

Doesn't matter if he's saved the world a bunch of times, his main goal of being a Pok?mon master is never fulfilled after twentyish years of pent up frustration from being so close and yet so far.
I think you may be on to something there. I've long been of the view that the anime will end without Ash ever winning a single League championship that he enters. Plus, such a scenario seems to be quite plausible, even when you consider the supposed "reset" for Unova, which was apparently repeated for Alola. As long as those things are taking place, we will almost certainly never see Ash reach his dream of winning a main series Pok?mon League (Orange Islands doesn't count.)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I can't see them showing him just giving up like that. It sends the wrong message. It's more likely they would actually have him win. You have a good point CodeHelmet, they should have ended the series with XY letting him win the league at the end and consider Sun and Moon a completely different series. Ash looks different enough in it that the dub could've made up a new character or even say it's his younger brother or cousin even though one's never been mentioned previously.

pkmin3033

Ash would finally win the league and---ahahaha, who am I kidding?

Honestly, I can see the ultimate ending to the anime being a very unsatisfying, open-ended affair. I CAN see some recurring characters turning up - Gary at least - but I imagine it'd end in Pallet Town, with Ash setting out on another journey, with the final lines being like the closing lines in the dub movies. We definitely wouldn't get a sense of closure unless the franchise as a whole was coming to an end.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
As long as the franchise keeps going then i do not see it end. However, i think the final episode will have Ash together with all his pokemon.

Cesar11B

Frazbear
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
Seria epico si terminara en que todos los campeones de todas las regiones batallaran y Ash use a sus mejores pokemon de todas las regiones y Ash se quedara con Serena

Rick Gastly

Memes Straight Outta 2007
Years
I don't think the show will end unless the franchise ever ends, I hope it could go on indefinitely.

However if it DOES end, it should be a big, epic movie-length finale with the whole universe at stake, with all the villain teams and all legendaries appearing, and one final gym battle where Ash finally fulfills his dream of being a Pokemon master, every companion and rival appears as well. It ends with a scene set 20 years later, where Ash, a father, bids his son goodbye on HIS Pokemon journey.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
It ends with a scene set 20 years later, where Ash, a father, bids his son goodbye on HIS Pokemon journey.
That would be a great way to end things. Misty, Serena, or one of the SM girls for his wife at the end?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
That would be a great way to end things. Misty, Serena, or one of the SM girls for his wife at the end?

How about no. Ash remains a kid on and off screen. Even if he grows up and starts a family, it be between either misty, may or dawn.

Back