• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Bird's Soapbox and Statistics

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
Basically I'm proposing the idea of opinion pieces intended for the reader to question things that bother me or others with the Pokemon games whether past or present or to analyze different things about the games that could provide interesting facts for readers along with opinions. I would be respectful and encourage different and informed viewpoints on what would make the games better and encourage not negative bashing but rather constructive feedback. Also despite the intended tone to be informational I'd probably try to squeeze in some humor to liven things and maybe talk about some positive aspects of the topic to keep things constructive. There could even be occasions where I could take feedback on the articles themselves and respectfully answer questions from readers. Along with constructive criticism the articles could also provide analytical statistics and insight into how one could presume the games were designed and the comparisons between different gens/games in all sorts of categories.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I have a question...probably two.

I'm trying to grasp what you're trying to propose. Are you wanting to do an opinion series on the Pokemon games itself? Or are you wanting to analyze what was missing from the games? Could you provide more information on what you are thinking of doing? Sorry if I did miss something. :|

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
I have a question...probably two.

I'm trying to grasp what you're trying to propose. Are you wanting to do an opinion series on the Pokemon games itself? Or are you wanting to analyze what was missing from the games? Could you provide more information on what you are thinking of doing? Sorry if I did miss something. :|

Basically a series of analysis and constructive criticism about the games. That would be the main focus. The purpose of my proposal is to try and promote more constructive feedback about the games along with in depth analysis on how the games are designed and the similarities/differences between the gens.

We already have an article series dedicated to opinion pieces regarding Pokemon games: Colourful Thoughts, which is still ongoing if you're thinking about doing that. :o

I admit that I did a poor job of looking into currently existing articles, but mine would probably be slightly different than Colourful Thoughts since Colourful Thoughts from what I can gather mostly focuses on What's Next scenarios and interviewing community members while this would be focusing on analyzing flaws/strengths/similarities etc. and comparing the different games. While there is definitely some overlap I'd like to believe they both could coexist

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Some examples of what you have in mind to talk about would be useful. As said we do have an article series already (just extra-clarified with Angie you can just use that article series name if you wanted, although the specifics is something that could be discussed further...) but I'm fine with it being continued and all - just a matter of the specifics of what you'd talk about!
There could even be occasions where I could take feedback on the articles themselves and respectfully answer questions from readers.
If you mean a separate article for this I am not sure it's necessary. We have comment threads for all articles on the forums so you could reply to feedback via those.
Along with constructive criticism the articles could also provide analytical statistics and insight into how one could presume the games were designed and the comparisons between different gens/games in all sorts of categories.
Again, examples of what you have in mind would be useful, but I do find this interesting. :B

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
Some examples of what you have in mind to talk about would be useful. As said we do have an article series already (just extra-clarified with Angie you can just use that article series name) but I'm fine with it being continued and all - just a matter of the specifics of what you'd talk about!If you mean a separate article for this I am not sure it's necessary. We have comment threads for all articles on the forums so you could reply to feedback via those. Again, examples of what you have in mind would be useful, but I do find this interesting. :B
It wouldn't be a separate article. It would probably just kick off the next article. Like if I wrote an article on, say, the analyzing of certain Pokemon in regional dexes throughout the gens and someone had some feedback then I'd just answer them at the beginning of next article. Though it probably is unnecessary like you said.

An example could be an article analyzing multiplayer throughout the gens and how it changed and evolved or regressed. An example of analyzing the strengths and weaknesses between how the games handled multiplayer could be exploring features that were only in one gen and then gone like the Wifi Plaza and GTS Negotiations and then exploring features that were brought back in a way like Join Avenue compared to Festival Plaza. As for the critical part there's plenty of time to explore the faults of Festival Plaza and writing on what would fix the problems with Festival Plaza and encouraging people to think about what could've made it better.

An example of a constructive criticism article could be one on Mega Evolution and how sometimes it's given to Pokemon that don't need it and how sometimes there's justification from marketing like with the Hoenn Starters in ORAS. It could also explore constructive criticism of how little is seen of Mega Evolution on NPC Trainers in Gen 6 along with the current trend of withholding the Mega Stones to try and squeeze extra life out of Gen 7's multiplayer.

In both cases the articles would be intended to encourage the reader to think about the problems with Pokemon games and trying to think of what would make things better while also remembering the positives so that it's not all negative. My hope is that these articles could spread a trend of constructive criticism towards the games not so that they can tear down what we love but so it can improve.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 3, 2019
Hello! We're just reviewing what will be happening with discussion-esque articles such as this one and it may be that this becomes part of a much larger series/project (something like a PC musings, as it were), if you're happy for to go that way? You would still be writing the content but it would be incorporated along with other authors' work!

With that in mind, have you drafted anything so far? I would advise that you start doing so as it is unsure as to when everything will be finalised and at least rather than waiting you have content up and ready to go!
My only worry is that I might run on longer than most other articles, but I was waiting for when you guys got back to the thread, I guess I should get started on something then

bobandbill

one more time
Years
My only worry is that I might run on longer than most other articles, but I was waiting for when you guys got back to the thread, I guess I should get started on something then
No worries about length.

I feel we have enough approval now (and I like your ideas in the previous post) so I'll copy your OP into the subsection in a moment - you can use that thread to post drafts of your first article. if you have any questions about it as you go don't hesitate to ask! Meanwhile likely plan is having your articles as part of the Colourful Thoughts series which will be renamed to Daily Musings.

Last edited:
Back