• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Hi there! Looking at the card, it appears to not be a misprint, but a victim of low printer ink when they printed the red background. And looking at the slightly folded corner, it appears to be real too.

Obviously I can't tell for sure because it could be over exposure from your camera, but because of the consistency of the lightening (usually with sun bleaching or tinting you end up with discoloration in different areas or a yellow cast), I think what you have there is a manufacturing error. Unfortunately, these kinds of errors are rather common and nothing to write home about. It's just a slightly lighter card, that's all. Still a cool one though! :)

Thanks so much for your response! And indeed, I'm still very proud of this card :) Especially since Charizard is my favourite Pokémon!

Karen

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
So now I have a second question: I have a Duelist Jungle Fever Magazine (Vol. 6 Issue 9) from 1999, with a First Edition Jungle 60/64 Pikachu Wizards promo. Everything is still sealed and perfect mint, except the sealing (it is a little ripped). So how can I find the real value of this item in euros?

Karen

qj2hIcT
Dva6gl9
1bsvfmn

b5QjYFA

pHcDu5I

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So now I have a second question: I have a Duelist Jungle Fever Magazine (Vol. 6 Issue 9) from 1999, with a First Edition Jungle 60/64 Pikachu Wizards promo. Everything is still sealed and perfect mint, except the sealing (it is a little ripped). So how can I find the real value of this item in euros?

Karen

qj2hIcT
Dva6gl9
1bsvfmn

b5QjYFA

pHcDu5I

Ooooooh! I'm jealous! Seriously, if PC had a platform for trading or buying, I would totally make a deal with you for that one. Really awesome card and in the original sleeve no less! If I were you I'd get it PSA rated. It's not an exceptionally rare or expensive card - I've seen played ones go for around $8 to $12 (about €7.30 to €10.50 though my conversion might be off) but still awesome for those of us who collected the W-stamped cards!

Take good care of that one for me. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Ooooooh! I'm jealous! Seriously, if PC had a platform for trading or buying, I would totally make a deal with you for that one. Really awesome card and in the original sleeve no less! If I were you I'd get it PSA rated. It's not an exceptionally rare or expensive card - I've seen played ones go for around $8 to $12 (about €7.30 to €10.50 though my conversion might be off) but still awesome for those of us who collected the W-stamped cards!

Take good care of that one for me. :)

Thanks so much for your nice response. :) But actually, I was wondering about the value of the magazine and the Pikachu card together. I was not really clear about that :blush:
Or are these two items more valuable when I sell them separatedly? (I decided to go only for a fewer specific series, you see)

Karen

Years
Thanks so much for your nice response. :) But actually, I was wondering about the value of the magazine and the Pikachu card together. I was not really clear about that :blush:
Or are these two items more valuable when I sell them separatedly? (I decided to go only for a fewer specific series, you see)

Karen

While I'd normally say check sold listings on eBay, there are none no matter what terms I use.

There's a buy it now listing on English eBay for a pre-owned, opened copy of that particular issue starts the bidding around $7.50 USD and a buy it now price of $26, but I think $26 might be too high for the condition of this listing. However, there is a sealed listing (with 2 copies available apparently) that is going for $60 USD for a buy it now price. Not sure what it amounts to in euros, but I'd think somewhere between $30 and $40 would be a reasonable price since the sealing is partially broken.

That said, terms to search are specifically "Duelist September 1999" or "Duelist Vol 6 Issue 9" since Jungle Fever is just one of the eyecatch taglines for that particular issue.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 29, 2019
Anyone seen one of these before? Got it from a pack yesterday. Didn't notice the square corners at first.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 8, 2019
RARE!?

I found these old cards. If anyone has any information about them or can direct me somewhere. I cant any information on them besides a few for sale on ebay.

Attachments

• cards.png
    cards.png
    371.2 KB · Views: 5
  • cards1.png
    cards1.png
    367.4 KB · Views: 3
  • cards2.png
    cards2.png
    337.5 KB · Views: 3
  • cards3.png
    cards3.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 2
  • cards4.png
    cards4.png
    448.5 KB · Views: 3
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there! Those are most definitely Bandai's Pokemon anime collection cards (CARDDASS?). From everything I understand they have a very niche market that some people will pay for. They're not particularly rare, and I'm fairly certain they will only sell high if graded, but nevertheless it's an interesting find. I'm not keyed into the market for these at all, but after a quick look I was able to find that Pikachu card you've got in non-holo going for about $13. Hopefully this will at least give ya a good starting point to do some further research. :)

Good luck!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 11, 2019
I know you asked not to post about common cards, but i've come across a japanese skyridge/split earth unlimited pikachu card. it is non holo. the condition is near mint.
I have no idea what it might be worth could you help me please?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I know you asked not to post about common cards, but i've come across a japanese skyridge/split earth unlimited pikachu card. it is non holo. the condition is near mint.

Pictures would be helpful to get a real sense of its worth, but just from what you've said it should be a fairly pricy card. Good find!

It's #033/088, right? Not reverse holo? All prices I see seem to be around $8 to $10. :)

Years

That rule is specifically in place because so many people would ask about their English Base Set commons back when they were worth something like $0.10 each. Obviously, there are high value exceptions like yours, but the vast majority are worth basically nothing.

Years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5DV9Kcdgr4

Uploaded this video on YouTube as I'm wondering how much my rare Pokemon cards are worth.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into the How Much Is This Worth? thread.

That said I've not got the energy or time tonight to watch the video to see what you have and price it out (I'm up past my bedtime posting this at the moment because I have a few things to post/address yet before going to bed).

Newer stuff you can find prices for pretty readily on TCGPlayer (via the Market Price), older stuff based on sold listings on eBay and in some cases via the price on TCGPlayer.

More than happy to help if you can't discern a price for something on those, though.

Years
  • Age 50
  • Seen Feb 21, 2019
I just came across some cards but I can't find them anywhere I've looked. They are sun and Moon booster packs lost thunder with 10 additional cards, was wondering if they were worth anything.

Years
I just came across some cards but I can't find them anywhere I've looked. They are sun and Moon booster packs lost thunder with 10 additional cards, was wondering if they were worth anything.

I've merged your post into the appropriate thread for these types of questions. Do you have any photos of them to upload? My guess is that if you can't find them anywhere you may have bought a counterfeit booster pack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes pictures of the front and back of the cards would be useful. Or super details descriptions if you're able!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 17, 2019
Hello, can you tell me something about this, maybe, missprinted Growlithe with 8000 hp?

Attachments

• 20190224_123931.jpg
    20190224_123931.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 26, 2019
What did I find?

Im sure they're common, but anyone have any info on these two cards I found?

Attachments

• 0225191419.jpg
    0225191419.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 0225191419a.jpg
    0225191419a.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 0225191419b.jpg
    0225191419b.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 0225191419c.jpg
    0225191419c.jpg