• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

.:Pokemon Luscious Ruby:.

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
THE INTRODUCTION

Hey everyone! So after seeing all of the hacks on PC, I've decided to try out my luck with a hack of my own! :nervous:

Let me start off by saying this will be a remake of Ruby. Why? Well because I thought the Ruby storyline was pretty interesting, BUT did not like the graphics, so I've decided to remake it with new and better graphics along with a few twists. Meaning, I will try to add some aspects from the anime into the hack itself. Of course adding everything from the anime will be difficult and impossible, I will only add the ones that I think will make the hack better as well as adding some of my own ideas.

This hack will mainly serve as something for my to work on during those boring moments in life. Meaning, I will work on it during holidays or anytime I'm feeling bored from school and Uni life, so I hope you will understand and not pressure me with "When will there be a release?" or "Any updates??!!" Of course, aside from this, the hack will also serve as a game in which players can find interesting events from the anime that they've expected to be put in the game while they play, rather than the boring straight linear story plot that's common in all pokemon games.

BASIC INFORMATION

Hack Name: Luscious Ruby
Hack Of: Pokemon
badge-firered.png

Author: Bao

STORYLINE

After competing in the Johto Pokemon League, you've decided to go back home and visit your family in Hoenn. During your home visit, you find out that the Pokemon League in the Hoenn Region has officially started. So you decided to participate in this League as well. Throughout your journey, you will meet up with rival pokemon trainers, some old and some new. Of course, not all is well and peaceful in Hoenn, for Team Magma is conspiring to awaken the ancient pokemon called Groudon in order to further their evil plans. In order to stop them, you will need to team up with your rivals before it is to late...

FEATURES

• Not 100% Ruby remake, there will differences
  • R/S hero and heroine sprite and overworlds (Will be changed soon)
  • At least 2 rivals, one being Ash (Possibly a total of 4, not counting the main rival)
  • No Elite Fours (They will be replaced by your rivals)
  • Anime based Pokemon League (Meaning you will face other trainers and your rivals)
  • New tiles
  • New areas and towns
  • All pokemon will be available (Hoenn pokemon will be native while Kanto and Johto will be rare, no D/P)
  • More to come...
SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

MAPS

Spoiler:

SPECIAL THANKS

X-buster: Rombase with Tiles and Palettes

TEAM

Me: Trying to do everything
Any help would be appreciated...

LOOKING FOR

Spriters
Inserters

------
And that is Luscious Ruby!

Last edited:

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
This is Great.

This is great, you have a solid storyline; Features, and screenshots. I will be keeping my eye on this. Good Job, Bao.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
It's cool,but the sceenies are simple.But i quess you're in the start,that's why.Good luck.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
The only thing i would criticise (sorry) is that the first town still looks a little like the same as the start village in fire red >_<
Other than that it's actually looking great i can't wait for how this hack will turn out. ;) Good luck

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Hmm, are there any spriters willing to help me out? It'll mostly be for trainer sprites of the rivals..

This is great, you have a solid storyline; Features, and screenshots. I will be keeping my eye on this. Good Job, Bao.
thanks for your kind words =]

It's cool,but the sceenies are simple.But i quess you're in the start,that's why.Good luck.
yeah i was kind of worried that if i made it not simple, it'll end up looking bad.... lol

The only thing i would criticise (sorry) is that the first town still looks a little like the same as the start village in fire red >_<
Other than that it's actually looking great i can't wait for how this hack will turn out. ;) Good luck
yeah i know, but if you take a look at littleroot town in Ruby, there is only 2 houses and the lab, also since this is a remake, i didn't want to change it too much and have it not look like littleroot town..

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
So I was thinking of making Tyson from the show as one of the rivals alongside Ash, along with Morrison (maybe)..what do you guys think??

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Cool so far,you know how to use CSS?This will make your thread very attractive,color the letters etc.
Who knows?Maybe you're the second Zel.

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Yes, but for now I like to keep it simple and clean.

Btw, I did some changes to LITTLEROOT TOWN, so check the first post for the new map, and altered the storyline a bit.

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Well since Tyson is going to be one of the rivals, possibly a battle sprite for him and OWs

I've started scripting LITTLEROOT TOWN and almost done, just need to finish up some of the newer scripts.

Here's some screenshots if you guys are interested
2aik2m9.png
o6lnvt.png

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Yes hue is a word. It mainly refers to the different shades of color...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hue

I could change it to color, but in the original R/S it said hue.. So what you guys think, should I change it or keep the original description?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Well since Tyson is going to be one of the rivals, possibly a battle sprite for him and OWs

I've started scripting LITTLEROOT TOWN and almost done, just need to finish up some of the newer scripts.

Here's some screenshots if you guys are interested
2aik2m9.png
o6lnvt.png
Sure thing but I dont get it who is Tyson, the rival and I would need to know what the rivals sprite look like if you want me to do that,and it will take a WHILE for me to do the ow and sprite maybe a week because I have to do a little on my hack as well:)

luker05

Banned
Years
Hey, this seems pretty interesting, and im gettin pretty good at pokemon spriting!
I'd be glad to help, just send me a PM

Back