• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Money is the best gift, lol. Why get you something you might like when they can get you money and allow you to get yourself something you will like?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
That might be true, but I feel like in the end it doesn't really matter whether you like what you get or not, but about how that person thought about you and picked something for you. That alone should be enough to make you like the object you get, because it becomes personal. Money is just money.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Money is the best gift, lol. Why get you something you might like when they can get you money and allow you to get yourself something you will like?
Because I have a lowly opinion about money, and because as you said, I will use it to satisfy myself. When I receive a gift, I don't expect to get something to satisfy me, I expect to get something that will have a meaning coming from the person giving it to me.
If I receive money, it's like they're telling me to 'do whatever you want.'

And I agree with Yoshikkko.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'd rather get money rather than some oddball gift that I'll never use anyway. I can't count how many tacky talking singing Christmas ornaments I've gotten... Or DVDs of movies that I have absolutely no interest in watching.

Besides it's not like I can tell my relatives that I'd really rather get anime... they wouldn't even know what it is or where to start looking for it.

So I'll gladly take the money any day. Anything I can use to bulk up my bank account is appreciated.

Years
I like actually having a gift I can open on Christmas morning, always have. Something to play with or something I can just mess around with like a Phone or an Ipod. XD

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I'm the same as Nick...actual gifts are so much nicer than gift cards or money. There's more thought put into gifts, and it's just a lot more fun to have something you can use or fiddle around with right then instead of go buy later.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I was going to get my sister a gift card to Target originally, but when out christmas shopping last week I found these coffee mugs that I thought she'd like alot more, so I just bought them. She'd enjoy a gift card too, but I agree the gift I bought her was more thoughtful.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I get what depending on what they give. If they give gift cards, I'll give 'em a gift card. If they take the time to get me a hand-selected or special gift, I'll do the same for them. People rarely change how they treat Christmas, so this system's been workin' for me.

Now, if only I could get a new scarf...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I've bought one present today and it's for my 2 year old nephew. No one else told me what they wanted as a gift. This bugs me sooo much! My family doesn't seem to care.

My big brother is too broke this month but he's mad that his girlfriend is still spending money they don't have. Grabbing that charge card. :B Is it okay to go all out on Christmas for the little ones? Don't know...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I've bought one present today and it's for my 2 year old nephew. No one else told me what they wanted as a gift. This bugs me sooo much! My family doesn't seem to care.

My big brother is too broke this month but he's mad that his girlfriend is still spending money they don't have. Grabbing that charge card. :B Is it okay to go all out on Christmas for the little ones? Don't know...
Then just leave it. They probably would rather that you save your money and help secure your future a bit more. That's how my parents feel - they actually get angry when I buy them gifts, haha.

Yeah, I'd be mad with her too. She's a fool for using it, because it'll only cost them more in the end.

If you have the money and have no qualms on engaging in soulless consumerism, go for it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back