• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battling friends in Gen II

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Hey guys I'm battling my friends in Gen II, are these good pokemon and good attacks for whatever I'm up against?

Dragonite
Outrage
Thunder
Thunderwave
Surf

Quilava (evolving next level)
Strength
Flamethrower
Flame Wheel
Swift

Pidgeyot
Fly
Steel Wing
Quick Attack
Wing Attack

Feraligator
Bite
Surf
Hydro Pump
Ice Punch

Machoke
Thunderpunch
Foresight (wishing to change this)
Vital Throw
Cross Chop

Pupitar (evolving soon)
Thrash
Rock Slide
Sleep Talk
Rest

Everybody please tell me some ups and downs for this team of pokemon. and please reply as soon as possible! thank you

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
First thing's first, this is the Gen III forum, so this isn't the right place. Second, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be competitive or in-game really, but since it's to battle friends, I guess I'll move this to CBC..

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
— Teams must include six Pokémon, along with their item, ability, nature, EV spread, and four moves.
If you cannot think of how to fill a few item or move slots, that's fine, but teams must be mostly complete or they will be locked. Just keep in mind that you may post in the Simple Q&A Thread if you need team building advice. Additionally, if you have no idea what EVs are, it would be best if you read this article. If you are unsure what movesets to give your Pokémon, find some on Smogon, and change them to your liking. Please use something resembling the following format when listing each Pokémon:

Pokémon @ Item
Ability (if required)
EVs
Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
Abilities, EVs, and natures don't exist in GSC however, so you only need to include held items.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Dragonite-Amulet Coin (will change when battling, but need this right now to buy vitamins)
Typhlosion-Focus Band
Pidgeyot-nothing
Feraligator-nothing
Machamp-nothing
Pupitar-nothing

basically, i have no items attached.

Back