• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best flying gym Leader

Best Flying leader

• Total voters

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Oh, yeah, it's Winona, but that's just because her Altaria is a BIG PAIN. Maybe Skar and Swel too. Also love the town she inhabits~

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Based on skill appearance and personal biased? I would say Falkner. He just look very tough compared to the other gym leaders. The rest looks pretty strong but Falkner looks like he means business.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Eh, I pretty much love all Flying type trainers, since they've chosen the best type possible, but I'm gonna go with Falkner here. In all honesty, he wasn't really that memorable, and his team was waaaay too easy to get through in G/S, granted you had the right Pokemon (ie, no underleveled Chikorita ); ), so that's not really the reason why I'd choose him. The reason lies more in the fact, that the second generation is basically where most of my time in the Pokemon universe has been spent, and thus I'm just more used to the gym leaders of the generation. I lost my Ruby before I even got to finish the second playthrough, so half of the gym leaders I coudln't even remember untill I got to play it again, Winona included, and I didn't get to play a fifth generation game before B2/W2, and I've only played through that once, so only thing that I really remember about Skyla is her gym and her darn Swanna. And I honestly didn't like her attitude in the anime <____>

So yeah, it's not because the other two aren't great characters, Falkner is just the gym leader I'm most familiar with.

Reactions: T!M

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
Skyla.

She has actual man-made aerial transportation devices, and her team in B2/W2 is quite a force. Not to mention she's cute and scantily-clad.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Falkner was such a pushover. I beat him with my Sentret no sweat. Skyla looks... weird?

Winona is awesome though, she comes from the best games and has the best Pokemon ;b

Years
For me, Winona all the way. She just epitomises Gym Leader to me with her collected air of authority. Plus she has a Swellow <3 and I love her design and also the design of her Gym :)

Years
I like when gym leaders give me a nice challenge. Winona was the "hardest" from them all with her Earthquake Altaria, so my vote goes for her.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Skill: Winona. I feared her Altaria.
Appearance: Skyla, definitely. She's such a cutie and I really like her outfit.
Personal bias: Skyla once again because the cannons in her gym were the best gym puzzle ever. I always imagined loading my Pokemon into a cannon and shooting them at her Pokemon.

So Skyla's got my vote. Falkner wasn't even considered because whenever I think of him, I think of him saying "My dad's cherished bird Pokemon!"

Years
I think it is very difficult to chose between Winona and Skyla but let's say Ash had a greater tough time from Winona and the Battle Area in her gym was so cool that I voted for her

Back