• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Christian Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Faith to me is everything. It is believing in God even though I don't see Him. It is how we get to Heaven. It is believing all the stories in the Bible. However, my faith isn't blind!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
What does 'faith' mean to you?

Trust. Trust that no matter how bad things get God will be there to help you through it, or there will be a lesson learned at the end of it/you'll be made a better person in some way/etc..

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I like how this article puts it.

Faith is different from belief in that in includes our beliefs, but also requires action and confidence.

"So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless." -- James 2:17

As a Catholic, I firmly believe that God's grace, faith, and good works are the three most necessary things for salvation.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
What does 'faith' mean to you?

Trust. Trust that no matter how bad things get God will be there to help you through it, or there will be a lesson learned at the end of it/you'll be made a better person in some way/etc..

I like this response. The truth is, even if things don't work out for the best right away, there is usually a lesson to be learned at the end.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Can we do prayer requests?

I have a friend who has cancer and had about a year to live. The doctors said they may be able to put her into remission and save her. Can you guys pray for her? Her family is going through a tough time as well...

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Your friend is in my prayers, BadPokemon!

http://carm.org/more-stuff/features/pokemon-what-it

This is an article I just stumbled upon saying that Pokémon is of the occult. I always thought these people went too far, what do you make of this?

Yes, I think CARM is very extreme on this. But seeing as they "managed" to denounce and disprove every other belief and denomination whose doctrines don't match its own, I can't say I'm surprised.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Your friend is in my prayers, BadPokemon!

Yes, I think CARM is very extreme on this. But seeing as they "managed" to denounce and disprove every other belief and denomination whose doctrines don't match its own, I can't say I'm surprised.

While I don't think it is a bad thing for them to do this because some parents may not like this about the games. However, they are wrong. Pokemon want to fight and they don't die from it. The games and anime clearly teach friendship with pokemon and loving them (we can see this with Ash, his friends, the professors, and many other things. I grew up in a Christian household, and my parents bought me my first pokemon game. The evolution thing didn't teach me anything other than my pokemon got stronger and cooler. I think they went a little overboard with this one. PETA did the same thing as well.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I think "evolution" is the main buzzword and it really means a lot of different things, but extreme Christian groups only see it in the context of Darwin and all of that, when really it means to grow and change and become better, which is essentially what people should be doing every day.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Joining! Finally good seeing a Christian community here. :)

Username: Kouzan
Are you Christian?:Yes. That's why I'm joining. :P I believe in God and that Jesus sacrificed himself out of his love for the world. There's too many good things in the world for me not to believe in Him.
Denomination: Roman Catholic

I like Wicked's definition of evolution personally. :) My dad always believed that God had a part in evolution and I agree completely. But Wicked's definition gives a whole new perspective I never thought of before. We all grow and change cause that's something all humans do. No one was the same person they were 5 or 10 years ago were they? I really would hope not. Our tastes and beliefs change all the time. Just natural.

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Joining! Finally good seeing a Christian community here. :)

Username: Kouzan
Are you Christian?:Yes. That's why I'm joining. :P I believe in God and that Jesus sacrificed himself out of his love for the world. There's too many good things in the world for me not to believe in Him.
Denomination: Roman Catholic

I like Wicked's definition of evolution personally. :) My dad always believed that God had a part in evolution and I agree completely. But Wicked's definition gives a whole new perspective I never thought of before. We all grow and change cause that's something all humans do. No one was the same person they were 5 or 10 years ago were they? I really would hope not. Our tastes and beliefs change all the time. Just natural.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay! Are you talking about the play, Wicked? I saw it, and it was amazing! What is your favorite book of the Bible? Person?

Treecko

Years
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay! Are you talking about the play, Wicked? I saw it, and it was amazing! What is your favorite book of the Bible? Person?

Lol no, I was talking about Wicked3DS's take on evolution from a few posts above. Really puts a different perspective on things. :)

I really don't read the Bible as often as I should so I really don't think I have a favorite book or person. I always found the Book of Job interesting though. And one of my favorite verses always will be Matthew 7:3.

"And why do you look at the splinter in your brother's eye, and not notice the beam which is in your own eye?"

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
Lol no, I was talking about Wicked3DS's take on evolution from a few posts above. Really puts a different perspective on things. :)

I really don't read the Bible as often as I should so I really don't think I have a favorite book or person. I always found the Book of Job interesting though. And one of my favorite verses always will be Matthew 7:3.

"And why do you look at the splinter in your brother's eye, and not notice the beam which is in your own eye?"

I like Genesis, Revelations, Proverbs, ans John the best. My mistake, lol. I have no idea where that came from. Too tired. I really like Joseph and David's story.

Treecko

Years
I like Genesis, Revelations, Proverbs, ans John the best. My mistake, lol. I have no idea where that came from. Too tired. I really like Joseph and David's story.

Yeah that's the thing about the Bible. It's been written in so many languages and interpreted in so many ways. I was quoting it from the Weymouth New Testament version.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/7-3.htm

For my First Reconciliation , my teacher made me do a project and one part was to choose a bible verse we liked and draw it. She would read us bible verses everyday and that one really stood out to me. I guess cause it's saying that before we judge others for their faults and sin, we should look at ours first. There's many people who criticize people for their sins and actions but don't look at theirs which are even bigger. They become hypocrites.

Totally fine though cause I'm tired too.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
I should read the Bible more often. My busyness always serves as a distraction. The first book I finished reading is Revelations, something I found very interesting when I was small. I give a contrite prayer regularly though, so I guess that somehow makes up for it.

I remember how nervous and scared I was during my First Confession. I was educated on the importance of the sacrament, God's mercy, etc. but I don't think I absorbed much of it as a child, hence my nervousness.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
OMG a Christian Community! Thought this would never happen! Thank you for stepping up and making this, The Void. It takes great courage.

Username: Autumn Reverie

Are you Christian?: Yes!

Denomination: Protestant

What's your reflection on Easter?:
Easter signifies how Jesus Christ overcame the grave for us all so that we may have eternal life. <3

The Void

hiiiii
Years
OMG a Christian Community! Thought this would never happen! Thank you for stepping up and making this, The Void. It takes great courage.

Username: Autumn Reverie

Are you Christian?: Yes!

Denomination: Protestant

What's your reflection on Easter?:
Easter signifies how Jesus Christ overcame the grave for us all so that we may have eternal life. <3

Welcome Autumn Reverie! :D Thanks for the compliment. I make it a point to try to spread God's love wherever I go; even online. :)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
I recall I have read the Bible in a week. As for favorite books, my favorites are Numbers, Ezekiel, Tobit, Romans, and Revelation. As for favorite people, one of my favorites would have to be Samson. One reason why he is one of my favorites is because he killed a lot of Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey.

Years
I never liked the stories in which Philistines were killed. I drew a lot of parallels between that and the Holocaust and other ethnic cleansings.

Treecko

Years
Speaking of killing and scary stuff, Revelation has always scarred me when I was younger and still does to an extent. All the violence and apocalypse prophecies are just horrifying (though I never expected it to be rainbows and sunshine but still) . I just really hope I'm not alive when the world ends. D:

And given I don't have a favorite book, I should probably read the Bible more. I never have time to read anything with school and everything. I used to have a Bible app on my iPod which made it easier, but since iPod broke, finding time to read a Bible has been difficult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back