• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
I have some new ideas:

1. Maybe you can give 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Hard. Easy can be good for begginers in pokemon world. There can be good tutorial and some hints before harder duels. Duels in Easy mode can be easier like in Normal level, but there can be unavailable some pokemons and locations. Difficulty in Normal mode can be comaparble with official pokemon games. There can be available most of pokemons and locations. In Easy and Normal mode are unavailable Mystery Gift and Online system. In Hard mode are highest difficulty, duels are very hard because trainers have good pokemons and can use items. There are available all of "nonlegendary" pokemons and all of implement locations.

2. Maybe player can choose one specjalization in game beggining?
EVOLUTION - There are chance for early evolution for lvl up pokemons. For example: Cranidos can evolve into Rampardos in 28 lv.
TRADE - Prices in Pokemart are lower.
POKEMON BATTLE - User pokemons have higher stats.
CATCHING - Increase chance for catch wild pokemon.
DRAWING - Increase chance for meet Shiny or Reverse pokemon.
BREEDING - Lower time needed to hatch pokemon eggs.

Ninetales evolution, with Moon Stone when Ninetales have any Ghost type move - Fire/Ghost (because is mystic pokemon who can cast curses) (maybe don't raise stats, reduce Attack, raise Sp. Attack, give moves Curse, Perish Song, Moonlight and maybe other)
Tentacool alternative evolution, with Dawn Stone - Water/Ghost (higher Attack and Sp. Attack, lower Sp. Defense and Speed, like Tentacruel, give moves Omnimous Wind, Thunder Wave, Camouflage and maybe other)
Farfetch'd evolution, with Grass Stone - Flying/Grass (mainly raise Attack, give moves Grass Knot, Vine Whip, and maybe other)
Pinsir evolution, with item and trade - Bug/Ground (evolution like Scyther->Scizor) (maybe don't raise stats, reduce Attack and Speed, raise Sp. Defense and HP, give moves Magnitude, Dig, Rest and maybe other)
Jynx evolution, with item and trade - Ice/Psychic
Tauros evolution, with level up - Normal/Steel (mainly raise Attack and Defense, give moves Iron Tail, Iron Head, Iron Defense and maybe other)
Dragonair alternative evolution, when learned any Ice type move from TM - Dragon/Ice (100 Attack and 134 Sp. Attack, lower HP and Defense but higher Speed and Sp. Defense, give some good ice moves)
Ariados level up evolution - Bug/Poison (tarantula) (mainly raise Speed and Attack)
Yanma alternative evolution, with Dawn Stone - Bug/Dragon (56 Defense and 86 Sp.Defense, like Yanmega, give moves Dragonbreath, Dragon Dance and maybe other)
Granbull level up evolution - Normal/Fight (give moves Mach Punch, Submission, Close Combat and maybe other)
Miltank pre-evolution, evolve with level up
'Miltank pre-evolution' alternative evolution (for male) - Fight (bull) (lower HP, Defense, higher Attack, like Miltank, give moves Rage, Horn Attack, Close Combat, Brick Break, Swords Dance, Low Kick, Leer, Stomp, Captivate, Fury Attack and maybe other)
Seedot alternative evolution, with Moon Stone - Grass/Ghost (haunted tree) (lower Speed, HP, higher Attack and Sp. Defense, like Nuzleaf->Shiftry, give moves Scratch, Slash, Night Slash, Curse, Absorb, Mega Drain, Giga Drain, Ingrain, Ancient Power, Shadow Punch, Destiny Bond and maybe other)
Sableye evolution, with level up - Ghost/Dark
Female Mawile evolution, with Sun Stone - Steel (geisha with smaller jaw and blades (but smaller like Gallade blades)) (give moves Captivate, Attract, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Metal Claw, Lovely Kiss, Swords Dance and maybe other)
Male Mawile evolution, with Sun Stone - Dark (3 bigger jaw pokemon, like a predator flower) (give moves Captivate, Taunt, Poison Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Tri Attack, Swords Dance and maybe other)
Trapinch alternative evolution, with Dawn Stone - Ground (stats raising with Trapinch natural stats proportion, give moves Rock Tomb, Magnitude, Camouflage and maybe other)
'Trapinch alternative evolution' evolution, with level up - Ground/Dark (big sand worm) (stats raising with Trapinch natural stats proportion; give moves Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang, Rock Slide and maybe other)
Absol evolution, with Dawn Stone - Dark/Psychic (mainly raise Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense, give moves Teleport, Agility, Extrasensory and maybe other)
Luvdisc evolution, with level up - Water
Cherrim evolution, with Sun Stone - Grass/Steel (give moves Metronome, Mirror Move, Mirror Coat, Healing Wish, Iron Defense and maybe other)

And maybe other pokemon idea:

Salabone (salamander + bone = bony salamander) - Dragon/Dark - salamander with purple skin and huge white, bony armour in chest shape. Have two bony horns on head and some bony horns in their long tail. Have sharp claws and sharp bony beak. That predator pokemon live in river and hunt in night. They don't have any next evolution form. Salabone is very slow, so they need attack with ambush. They stick at victim's neck and pump into poison, which weaken her.

Defense>Attack=Sp.Attack>Sp.Defense>Speed

Some moves who they can learn at level up:

Peck, Poison Sting, Leer, Faint Attack, Withdraw, Glare, Dragon Rage, Horn Attack, Harden, Screech, Bone Rush, Snatch, Punishment, Protect, Dragon Claw, Sucker Punch, Slam, Outrage

And move idea

Hydrokinesis (Special) (for Kadabra/Alakazam, Starmie, Slowbro, Slowking, Xatu, Lugia, Bronzor/Bronzong)
Type: Water
PP: 15
PWR: 75
Raises move power if in last turn, user used Kinesis. Raises user's Sp. Attack for 1 stage.

Last edited:

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
I don't think about that. :P I choose Dusk Stone because i think it's better for Absol than Moon Stone and level up evolution for that pokemon it's bad idea.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2010
Uh, Phantowl & Spectowl are being used by Titanium/Iron as a new Pokemon line already; I know there's not a real copyright, but it'd be appreciated to avoid those ideas.

My mistake, I didn't know :) As you can see I'm new to these boards and haven't had time to look around much yet. I came up with those names on my own, I had no intention of stealing an idea that has already been thought of. Thanks for letting me know. They are good names, and I congratulate you for thinking of them first :D

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
This is looking like an amazing concept; I especially like the quick-switch that you're planning to put into the "Pokemon" menu. It'd definitely make changing Pokemon around a quicker task. XD

The Pokemon look great, as well; Wichu looks too cute! ^^ I wanna play this, just to catch one.. XD I could come along later, and, if you need such, give a few ideas on Pokemon you could possibly work with. Unfortunately, I'm terrible with graphics, so I wouldn't be able to give any visuals.. ^^;;

But I would be interested in giving ideas for this production. Its a great idea, to start your own Region from scratch.

*supports*

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Amethyst is pretty solid.
The story is nice, and your spriting skills amaze me.

I agree with that Wichu. Ya got a good game here. The person I quoted pretty much said what I was gonna.
Looking forward to this, so keep hard at it lol.

Glaceon_

Years
Well, we could play with the already apparent psychic capabilities on Hoothoot and Noctowl, looking at what could possibly be another Flying/Psychic Pokemon; Visiowl was one, combining Owl with Vision, but it reeks of un-originality, and it doesn't really seem to fit with the trend that Noctowl flicked up.

However, I did then think of issuing something completely random; partially modifying the word; Protostrigidae, which is one of the fossil names under "Owl" as a family, on Wikipedia, I thought of [S-HIGHLIGHT]Proctowl.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] (simple addition of a letter, lol) Whether people see it as suitable or not, is another thing entirely, but it is a possibility; given it hasn't already been used by other Original Pokemon game makers.

But people would be advised not just to stick close to the source, but to look at what the Pokemon currently has, for a possible new evolution. Try and come up with a better name that relates to the possible powers that an evolution of Noctowl could have.

But all-in-all, saying all that, its really up to Wichu, if Wichu actually wants to include an evolutionary form for Noctowl.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I'm not really sure I want to include hundreds of evolutions for old Pokémon. I'm pretty sure that most people here would rather see some brand-new Pokémon than evos, right?

But I'll consider the ideas anyway ;)

A random update - I've just finished the Pokédex screen.
Screenshot115.png

I'll probably end up changing it a bit, but this is the general gist of it.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
u may want to try and avoid double posting but its with a program called rmxp and while your at it you may want to try out poccil's starter kit, it really makes things alot easier *thinkz to self* but accordin to wichu i was using it wrong o well i can fix it.
by the way wichu nice job on the game so far i would look at everything but right now im to busy packing for the trip

Glaceon_

Years
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I'm not really sure I want to include hundreds of evolutions for old Pokémon. I'm pretty sure that most people here would rather see some brand-new Pokémon than evos, right?

But I'll consider the ideas anyway ;)

Yeah; generally, the new evolutions of old are what Nintendo seem to prefer, sometimes. XD A question, though; are you planning on using the trend Nintendo have used, and create any Eevee Evolutions for your game? I'm just a little curious, because I'm.. well.. a fan of Eevee and its evolutions. XD;

Especially the possibilities of them making a Normal type evolution for it. Effectively Eevee all grown up! XDD

A random update - I've just finished the Pokédex screen.

I'll probably end up changing it a bit, but this is the general gist of it.

Looking awesome; I like how it looks. 'Course, with the game still in development, things aren't always to stay as they appear, huh? XD Looking forward to seeing more on this, as it develops, Wichu. ^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2020
Good.....actually brilliant
DId you received my pm? If yes will yout ake into consideration?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
(The Pokedex)Looks really slick wichu. The text looks like it gets a bit funky at the top and bottom, I think just sorting out the transparency or something will fix it (don't no RmXP so can't help lol), but yeah looks good. Defo keep that style!

elemenopee

overlord of all the pokemons
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2008
just throwing this out there, but i thought it would be cool to have an "equal pokemon" instead of just having Plusle "Plus Pokemon" and Minun "Minus Pokemon"

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
It would be a bit hard, and I know you don't want to add new evos for a lot of pokemon, however, I've always wondered: Would you be willing to add a branch evolution for Butterfree and Venomoth? Just like Wurmple, caterpillars can become moths/butterflies, depending on species, and other factors, just makes sense Veno would have a butterfly counterpart and vice versa for butterfree.

destinytrigger

Prodigious Zombie Hunter
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 19, 2008
Hmmm... This looks awesome!

I'd like to try my hand at spriting, haven't done much since 2nd gen. Anything in particular you need done, or just D/P pokemon in general? btw, your spriting thread is great.

And is there a good spriting program for mac? I have PC access during the summer, but when school starts again I'll just have mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back