• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I'm glad they have difficulty setting that can kick my ass. If you really want a challenge, these you go. For most people, Hard is the right challenge level. And Normal mode, make it easier for younger people to enter the series. Getting new players will make it possible for more great games to be made.

I need to grind a little to beat the final boss, but many of my charaters are Lv.16-20 Promoted. I want to reclass them, but so many are ready for new classes I don't think I can spend that much on Seals and still have money for weapons.

If I sell everything I could drum up 40k, but I have a lot of good stuff.

I was grinding Nawi to make a better Nah. I needed an Axe. I had SIX SILVER AXES just sitting there. She broke 2 whole Silver Axes, 1 Steel Axe, and 1 Bronze Axe to level up 25 times as Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord. Faster than I thought. Still have FOUR SILVER AXES LEFT!

Nawi had INCREDIBLE LUCK not getting hit during her training. Then I realized her Skills: Odd Rythem (avoid +10) Fast Burn (avoid +15) Tantivy (avoid + 10) She was rarely hit.

Now Naw needs similar training.

My Nah is amazing after becoming an Assassin. Do you use the DLC at all for grinding purposes? By the way her name is Nowi not Nawi.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I use the bonus box to summon teams to fight. I haven't bought the DLC yet. I might though.

I'm just grinding units to kill the final boss. Nowi and Nah are amazing units. Their stat growth as Wyvern Riders makes them powerful fast. They have very high HP and Strength for their level. I made Lon'Qu a trickster for Lucky Seven. Chrom is a Paladin now.

I'm ready to beat this boss already.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
DLC has been "meh" so far. It's cool seeing old characters again, but I wish they had some battle lines aside from just "...!!" The old maps with previous FE music is cool too.

I think they'll be adding the new Dread Fighter class next week. This week we got Walhart available via spotpass and the EXPonential Growth Map which lets you fight Risen who give a 100 exp after every defeat.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
DLC has been "meh" so far. It's cool seeing old characters again, but I wish they had some battle lines aside from just "...!!" The old maps with previous FE music is cool too.

I think they'll be adding the new Dread Fighter class next week. This week we got Walhart available via spotpass and the EXPonential Growth Map which lets you fight Risen who give a 100 exp after every defeat.
I think Season 2 of the DLC is supposed to be a lot better. I liked using the exponential growth map to grind my straggling units up to speed and to create powerhouses in the process. I haven't even started chapter 14 yet on my second file because I've been grinding so much. I'm working on bringing Kjelle and Inigo up to speed right now. On a side note I have a strange love for the Assassin class and the stat caps for a lot of the characters as an Assassin seem to love me too. As for the spotpass maps I don't plan on touching them until they all have been released So I can run through them one at a time. without waiting weeks between each map.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I BEAT HE GAME! The last boss is such a pain.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013

Spoiler:

Ah, Fire Emblem Awakening was an amazing game, although I had a strategy that made the last boss easy for me.

Spoiler:

The DLC is nice for training for EXP. I used it to build relationships so I could have everyone married before the end of the game. I found the "The Golden Gaffe" easy to train with, because the enemies simply run away and only attack if you attack them, that way you don't have to worry about your character getting killed.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019

Spoiler:

Congrats on beating the game.

Spoiler:

@Ghosteon, "The Golden Gaffe" DLC map is more for gold purposes than training your team which is EXPonential Growth's job.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I've gone five straight chapters now with nothing but Donnel and his wife Paired Up... and a Ladle. I gave him a Glass Sword as a backup weapon, just in case the Ladle breaks, but his Luck is just so freaking high! 48 Luck on an Armsthrift-Sol Hero Donny just totally breaks the game. (That said, I paired him with Nowi, and Nah only ever needs a single Dragonstone. She still has her first, even after a ton of Risen grinding.)

Note: I'm on Hard-Classic, for the playthrough I'm on now.

Last edited:

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I've gone five straight chapters now with nothing but Donnel and his wife Paired Up... and a Ladle. I gave him a Glass Sword as a backup weapon, just in case the Ladle breaks, but his Luck is just so freaking high! 48 Luck on an Armsthrift-Sol Hero Donny just totally breaks the game. (That said, I paired him with Nowi, and Nah only ever needs a single Dragonstone. She still has her first, even after a ton of Risen grinding.)

Note: I'm on Hard-Classic, for the playthrough I'm on now.

I paired Donnel up with Panne and as a result Yarne has become my strongest unit.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Love the supports. So much fun.

Started a Hard-Classic Run after beating Hard-Casual. Totally different game. I have terrible record with new characters. When Sully is introduced, she dies, reset. When Kellam is introduced, he got Hammered, reset. Sumia survived because I paired her up with Chrom, Again. She is still level one.

I don't plan on resetting for every character, but at the beginning of the game I feel like I need to hold on to the few people I have. (especially parents)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Supports Conversations are the reason (for me anyways) that a lot of FE games have great replay value. That's why as good as Radiant Dawn's gameplay was, the generic supports didn't really give me a reason to go through the game more than a couple times.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Second play-through on Hard-Classic. Only perfect map I've done was Paralogue 1. Got Donnle to Level 3, got both chests open, got Vaike to Lv10 to re-class him, got Sumia to Lv5.

Great level. First try, no resets.

Vaike as a barbarian/berzerker is amazing. He just smashes everything. My first game used a lot of speed-demon and magic users, but not strength based bruisers.

My new Avatar, Julius, is +Speed/-Magic. I thought about marrying Lucina for the Stats. (+9 speed). But I might marry for love. I LOVE Sully. She is my favorite character. I have not unlocked Anna yet, but from what I have seen... I'm curious.

I don't know who to marry. Marrying the Avatar to Lucina would give her a good partner, which she never had last game. She was always alone because she can only form supports with other Children. Plus, there are some ironic spoiler reasons to be married to Lucina before the climax of the game.

Sully is awesome and needs no explanation. "Because reasons are for chumps!"

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Okay, I'm on my fourth playthrough — Lunatic-Casual — and I can't get past Chapter 2. I'm expecting 3 and onward to be easier, but right now 2 is just totally kicking my arse. xD

Any advice here? I know to keep the attention on Freddy for the first few chapters, but that isn't much help without knowing where to put him. xD

Took... 17 tries, but I totally did it. *Hardest part of Lunatic over; takes 16 tries for Chapter 3* |D

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Yeah, if I could just get through Chapter 2 on Lunatic/Classic, I feel like I could finish the game entirely. I just don't see how it's possible though. On Lunatic/Casual I barely got by, lol. I had to sacrifice everyone while hiding the My Unit and Chrom while getting lucky enough with Fredrick to avoid a couple deadly hits.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I summoned Mist from the Bonus Box. Her guys are Lv3-5. I was training Gaius and Muriel who were wanting level ups. I did EVERYTHING PERFECT.

Then a Lv5 Mage got a CRITICAL HIT on Muriel. She had full health, not anymore. Reset.

Panne and Virion are working well together, I plan on Yarne being some kind of Bow User.

It is Lissa's Birthday today. SO, she got extra DEF and RES.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Anyone try out the new Dread Fighter class? It's based off a class from FE2, but with a bit of tweaks. They have awesome resistance, good attack (can wield swords/axes), but can also use tomes as well. The sprite looks pretty cool too; sort of ninja-like.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Anyone try out the new Dread Fighter class? It's based off a class from FE2, but with a bit of tweaks. They have awesome resistance, good attack (can wield swords/axes), but can also use tomes as well. The sprite looks pretty cool too; sort of ninja-like.
I reclassed two of my characters into it near the end of my Hard Classic play through and I liked it alot for both the nice resistance, the versatility and how the class looks.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Just bought the Golden Pack and Bloodlines Pack.

After reading the Dread Fighter Abilities, it looks a little overpowered. But I don't know for sure. +10 Resistance sounds game breaking to characters like Vaike who has 1 Res near Lv20.

+10 Attack on Player's Turn sound powerful, but really isn't. There are many maps where 99% of the action happens on the enemy turn. So this ability is balanced.

I'll update this post when I actually play the new class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back