• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any shinies yet?

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Last night was very eventful for me in terms of shinies! I got my first full odds random shiny, Wingull, a shiny Pikipek in 13 SOS calls, and a shiny Togedemaru after 41 SOS calls.

Also, if anyone is wonder trading, look out for a shiny level 30 Latios, OT Cain! I cloned my legitimate one from the Eon Ticket event in ORAS. ;) After 3,000 run away encounters, this baby shone for me!

Not sure if there's such a location in ORAS where you can get Dialga, and judging by that trainer ID it's most likely edited.

I think you can get Dialga from flying in the sky with your respective Latias/Latios, but I doubt that TID is legitimate.. what are the odds that those numbers generate in that exact order?

Last edited by a moderator:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Got my second Beast Ball Shiny this Gen. A Shiny Riolu after 37 SOS calls.

He is Male with the Inner Focus Ability. He also has an Adamant Nature. I was not Synchronising so am pleasantly surprised to get an Adamant Nature. Riolu is a nice Shiny. :)

I already have two Shiny Lucarios. A Timid one caught in Gen 6 and a Naive one.

The Beast Ball really fits the Shiny Riolu line. :)

Years
None yet, though tbh I haven't really searched much, might have a day where I just grind for a shiny soon :3

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 22, 2017
No shinnies found somehow...or hatched....somehow.

I did get a shiny porygonz and a shiny porygon2 in trades however. I guess someone traded P2 because it had timid nature, which isnt amazing on a porygon2, but both porygons have perfect ivs, so theyre still boss.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
It wasn't until the post-game that I found my first Shiny. I had been breeding for a Shiny Alolan Sandshrew and running around Mt. Lanakila for months, but just when I decided to take a break to run around the region in hope of finding any random Shiny, a full-odds Shiny Alolan Sandshrew pops up!

kF9kuWC.jpg

Awful nature, but she's going on my main team anyway. Also, this was my first time catching a Shiny with my favorite Poké Ball: the Friend Ball. :D

Here are a few more full-odds Shinies I've found since:

XqdjdDd.jpg
5NhRpfa.jpg

I'm currently trying to breed a Shiny male Burmy in a Moon Ball without using the Masuda Method or the Shiny Charm. @_@

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I've finally got my hands on a Dream Ball Vulpix.

Now I'm going to get a male, breed that Dream Ball onto a HA Alolan Vulpix and then get myself a cute little Dream Ball Shiny Alolan Vulpix.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 22, 2017
just got an shiny oranguru yesterday ^^....for a blaziken left over from an old playthrough. I just exected to get a regular old oranguru, not a shiny with perfect iv's.

I hadent even use the gts until the recent global mission. The mission must have made people very generous. I guess i was too. I traded off a bunch of high level old extra starters and play through pokes without any requirements other than a Pokes name, and people were tossing me perfect iv competative pokes 3/4 of the time. 3 of those pokes were shinies.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Whilst EV training I found a Shiny Meowth, now a Shiny Persian. The purple/grey colour of the Shiny looks very nice I think.

I also got a Shiny Charmander (Now a Shiny Charizard) on the GTS. Oddly the Shiny Charmander was the only Charmander which asked for a Pokem which I had. (A Hakamo-o)

Years
I am yet to start Shiny hunting, but I had some luck in Wonder trades.

First, I got a level 100 Shiny Salamence with Pokérus (I'm still afraid that it's hacked).

Then I got a level 100 Shiny Electivire, I jumped out of happiness.

And the cream of the crop, I got an elegant level 100 Shiny Magikarp nicknamed "Kill UrSelf", it was so hilarous and so useless. :D

Photo to prove it:

16735877_10154113101396790_1065573790_n.jpg

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
Yes, actually! I got a shiny roggenrola right after my first Kakuna battle! Added him to my team, and I love him. He's a Gigalith now, and I think this takes 2nd place on my favorite shiny list! (1st being shiny Porygon-Z)

PfHMzRl.jpg

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
So I did some run away encounters last night while laying in bed, and I ended up getting a shiny Crabrawler!
I posted some pics on my Instagram xD My 14th shiny from SuMo!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 1, 2023
No shinies for me yet, then again I've YET to STILL finish my Sun anyway... Though, I've picked up on playing my Sun more again. Might hunt a shiny Stufful just because it's orange, maybe...

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Just now, was KOing Pokemon to level up some non ENG and a shiny Alolan Raticate popped up (no SOS). Quick Balled it. Not checked nature or ability or anything, but it's nice to have (especially since my shiny encountered part on plaza is no longer 0, despite hatching shiny eggs).

EDIT: LOL IT HAD DOUBLE EDGE, I WAS ABOUT TO FALSE SWIPE IT.

It's Jolly and has Gluttony. Not too shabby I guess.

Edit: Wonder trading for FC farming. Just got a Shiny Sceptile. Hacked I think, as it's quirky, level 100 and 6 IV xD Well at least I can breed with it and get a HP fire one.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I don't, but I can say with some degree of certainty. I've not touched it, and it's a hatched level 100 Mon...which has no EV's.

Call me suspicious.

Years
I have two shinies that I bred for. One is a Gyarados, Adamant and the only IV I'm missing is attack, and then just now I got a shiny Charmander after 6 boxes of regular ones.

He's missing HP. Good thing I just got that Festival plaza cash infusion.

Completely unrelated, but if I were to want to give away a bunch of Charmanders to forum members, what would be the most efficient way of doing that?

Years
I found a shiny Carbink on my first pass through Vast Poni Canyon. A Sableye appeared when it cried for help, for a little extra drama.

Back