• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[WotM] June: Video Games - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Website of the Month
@Technology & Internet
Video Games
Examples: GameFAQs, GameSpot, Destructoid
Hosted by Zach and yours truly; if you have any questions or concerns regarding WotM, please forward them to any of us.
Welcome!
Website of the Month is a contest where, each month, we get to nominate and vote for new websites depending on a particular theme, and choose a winner. Winner would then go on to be featured in our forum-splash. Without further ado, let's get straight to business!
Guidelines
Every month, we'll be having a set theme, and members would be able to nominate within the range of it. Nomination round is over; now, it's time for voting.
  • If you've nominated your own website, you're allowed to vote for them.
  • Whenever a website wins, they would be added to Hall of Fame list for said year.
  • All websites that you nominate must be appropriate; if they are not, they will not be counted.
  • You'll be getting an emblem for participation, and if one of your nominations wind up winning, you'll get an additional one.
  • Voting would last for about 14 days; to cast vote, just fill out the form below and post a reply!
  • You may vote for only three websites per month.
Hall of Fame
Currently not available; please check back next month.
Voting
Website name: This is where the website's name should go.
Reason: This is optional, but if you like, you may give us a reason why you're voting for this particular site.
Nominations

Last edited by a moderator:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Website name: GOG.com
Reason: I am voting for GOG because I love their principles. I believe that DRM does not benefit the user, and GOG has a vast library of DRM-free titles available at (mostly) small prices. Ever wondered where to buy some Good Old Games (hence the name) like Simcity 2000 or Dungeon Keeper? You could buy a used disc on Ebay, or you could go to the nearest garage sale and see if it is for sale, but with GOG, there is no need to do that anymore! The GOG team has license to sell all of these retro masterpieces, and they even do so completely DRM-free! GOG might be an idealistic place populated with indie and older titles, but with this ideal, Good Old Games gives me a great deal.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Website Name: Serebii

Reason: As much as I support Gog.com and their good deals on games, serebii has great detailed description about pokemon games. Plus, from time to time whenever I get stumped on pokemon games, I just visit the site and I get my answer.

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
Years
Website name: Kongregate.com
Reason: As I said earlier, Kongregate is a website that contains hundreds of free web games. I guess the real reason I'm voting for it is not only because of the vast variety of games it has, but because I have never played a game on Kongregate that I haven't been pleased with. Each and every single game on Kongregate is fun and addicting. In essence, I'm voting for Kongregate because it never stops pleasing me.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Website name: The Cave of Dragonflies
Reason: The site hasn't seen a lot of updates lately, sure, but it holds a very special place in my heart. I first discovered it during the height of Gen III, and it's the website that introduced me to the creative side of the fandom. It encouraged me to use my imagination to enhance the enjoyability of a series I already loved dearly, which is a large part of why I still love Pokemon now.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Website name: Gamexplain
Reason
: Huzzah! (I nominated it as well...)

Yukari

Reason: It's the best website for purchasing and downloading games in my opinion. With great prices and tons of sales I don't see any reason to pick another service.

srinator

reason: : cause I nominated it and it undoubtably the best gaming site right now, well at least the most accessible

Years
Reason: One of the best gaming site out there. You can buy and download games, and they even have discounts and sales on some popular games. And you can play Dota2 from steam lol.

Elmogvy

The One That Adores A Mudkip and Eevee
Years

Reason: A very good site to purchase and download games and they have some pretty good discounts on popular games. Steam is my site to get the coolest of games.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Website Name: IGN.com

Reason: This website is home to some dedicated posters. It was they who took the time to write those monstrous Gameshark lists for the older games like Emerald (which I still have bookmarked!). All bias aside, their game reviews are typically consistent and not necessarily biased toward a certain game/series. Not that we can take everything from IGN as fact (there are countless 10-year-olds roaming the site as we speak!), but I'd believe something said on IGN than *gulp* GameFAQs.

They are the first line when it comes to details about upcoming vidya and other [nerdy] forms of entertainment. Now I don't browse any video game websites regularly (I go on 4Chan and stay AS FAR AWAY FROM /v/ AS POSSIBLE), but when I care to look up a game review IGN is the best choice.

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
Years
Wow I can't beilieve you accepted this forum site as a nomination
Website name: The Pokecommunity Forums
Reason:Because it's a fun pokemon forums site! (And msotly because I picked it)

Years
Website name: roosterteeth.com
Reason: I love them, love the AH, love the rest of RT like Gus, Burnie, etc... They are awesome and think everybody should check them out

Years
I'm new, but I nominate Pokemon Showdown:

pokemonshowdown.com/

where you can battle other pokemon players in a competitive scene even if you can't afford the new games. And because it's awesome.
I'm afraid to say this, but you missed the nomination period already :( we're in the voting stage now, so if you want to vote for a website stated up in the OP, you're more than welcome to do so!

Years
Website name: GOG.com
Reason: They got some great deals. Especially with this summer sale going on right now. Not to mention all of them are DRM free.

Years
I'm afraid to say this, but you missed the nomination period already :( we're in the voting stage now, so if you want to vote for a website stated up in the OP, you're more than welcome to do so!

No problem! Today I visited a couple of the websites, and I vote for Cave of Dragonflies. The whole website is pretty cool, and the author is awesome. I think more people should check it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back