• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] dragons winter

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
Big brother?! I thought I was younger... You're confusing me.

I'll be posting another and possibly writing another chapter tomorrow.

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
i know i didnt follow up with my last pst, i was grounde from comuter again in th middle o tping anopther chapter. but here is the next chapter...
--------------
CH.10

In the morning Latios woke Andrew up. He was still sitting with latias on his lap, but he had fallen asleep and his head was bent over, one hand on Latias's neck.
<Wake up sleeping beauty.> Latios said and gently shook Andrew's shoulder. Andrew looked up startled.

"I fell asleep during my watch." He yawned and gently roused Latias.

<Good morning.> she stretched and floated up. Latias looked around. <Nobody has slit anybody else's throats.> Andrew got up and woke everyone else up. When everyone was awake and had eaten Andrew pulled Tybalt aside.

"Do you have any clue as to where we can find the evil?" the boy asked. Tybalt looked as if he was deep in thought.

"Yes, when we are created, we are in the middle of a large black cave. We all have built in homing systems you could say. We can find that desolate place where ever we are in the world." The black Gallade said thoughtfully.

"Well you're going to need to lead us there." Andrew sighed. Tybalt nodded his head. Andrew looked over the ocean he saw dark clouds in the distance. Thunder rolled but there was no lightning. Latias came up behind him.

"It's the cloud from my dream." She said fearfully. Andrew looked at her. She was absolutely terrified.

"Its ok, no one is going to hurt you." Andrew tried to comfort Latias. Everyone on the beach was silent as they watched the huge shadow come towards them. The silence was broken when tybalt called out.

"Jogun!" he barked and a black and silver Ninetails came out of the group, its red eyes showed fear. "We must prepare to move quickly. Get everyone ready!"
<yes, Tybalt.> it said and started to herd the others over to the Dragonite. Andrew disappeared in a flash of light and Rayquaza was there once more and a group of pokemon crawled onto his back, followed by Orin and Aalina. They took off in the opposite direction of the cloud. Luni, Latios and Latias flanked Andrew on either side of his head and the Dragonite flew in front of him in formation. The black shadow began to move faster. Latias looked back.

<Its getting closer!> she called to Andrew who nodded to show he heard and began to fly faster. He came up on the Dragonite who also began to fly faster. They soon left the cloud far behind. It eventually became only a black speck in the distance and then disappeared completely.

The group landed and Andrew became human again. "Are there any black smiths among your group?" Andrew asked tybalt after everyone had been organized again.

"Yes, we have one. She is very skilled."

"I would like to see him."

"Very well, come with me." Tybalt said and led Andrew to a middle aged Aron.

"He can work with tools?" Andrew asked, shocked that the little pokemon could be a black smith.

"She, actually. And yes, I don't know how she does it but she does." Tybalt sighed, for he too had no idea.

"Does she have a name?" Andrew asked.

"Yes her name is Adelaide." Andrew walked over to the little pokemon and squatted so he was at her level.
"Hello."

<Don't bother me I'm working.> she sounded frustrated. Adelaide picked up a hammer in her mouth and pounded a piece of metal into a dome shape. She then tackled it and it came to look slightly like a dogs head. She bit holes in the top and side. Andrew watched curiously as she hammered it a bit more and called Jogun the Ninetails over. He lay down next to Adelaide and she ever so gently picked up the sheet of metal and placed it on Jogun's head. It fit perfectly over the mop of fur on his head and seemed to be part of him once it was on.

<It fits perfectly!> Jogun exclaimed.

<Finally.> Adelaide sighed as if a great weight had been lifted off her shoulders and then took the helmet off Jogun's head. <Now, what do you want?> she asked Andrew tiredly.

"I heard you were a black smith, and that was very good work you did on that helm." Andrew replied.

<You can understand me?> Adelaide said curiously.

"Yes, but besides that, you seem to be a good black smith. We are going to need lots of weapons and armor."

<well, you've come to the right Aron. Now, what kind of weapons and armor and who for?>
- - - - - - - - - - -
Lucas walked up to the pit. "The false shadow you sent worked, they left the beach." He said into the pit. Now instead of a rumble, a horrible deep voice came from the depths of the pit.

"Good, are the sacrifices ready? I would like to lead the army to the beach myself." The voice said.

"Yes my lord. They are right here." Lucas replied and a black and silver Tyranitar, Salamence and Mightyena came from the shadows. A dark shadow crawled out of the pit and the pokemon seemed to fall dead. Then there was a blinding flash of purple and all the pokemon seemed to be combined. It had a Tyranitar's body and head, a Salamence's tail and wings, and a Mightyena's muzzle and its fur pattern was in the skin of the beast.

"How do I look?" asked the voice.

"You look absolutely terrifying, my lord." Lucas said shakily. The beast walked out of the cave where the army was waiting. Lucas called his own Salamence and rode it out next to his king. The army was assembling and preparing to board the Dragonite transports. There were so many men and pokemon Lucas couldn't count all of them and could only make a rough guess.

"There are more than ten thousand soldiers here." The voice answered Lucas's thoughts which unnerved the man. "Do not fear me." The voice cackled evilly. "This will be the world's most grand attack that has ever been known."

"What if he somehow gets an army?" Lucas asked. He didn't know if his master had thought about this.

"Oh, we will have enough, we will have enough."

"Yes my lord, of course."

"Do you doubt my abilities?" the creature asked.

"No, no of course not my lord, but if he somehow joins forces with the king…" Lucas stopped cold when he saw the icy look from the beast.

"I will kill the king himself if I must, but preferably, I would like him to join us as well." Lucas muttered something about that never happening and the creature gave Lucas another cold stare.

"Sorry, my lord." Lucas said and took off on his Salamence, right behind the dark beast.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"That cloud was fake." Andrew muttered to himself.

<What do you mean?> Luni asked as she came up behind him.

"That was just a decoy, it disappeared, the real one will arrive soon." Luni nodded, she had noticed the same thing. The group had been there for almost three days and there had been no sight of the "death cloud" as everyone had begun to call it. Aalina walked up next to Luni.
"Nothing out there. Absolutely nothing is out there." She whispered to herself. Now Andrew nodded. "By the way, Adelaide wants you. She said she was done with the armor for Latios and Latias." Andrew looked confused.

"How did you-"

"Tybalt translated." Aalina said and wandered off. Andrew walked over to where the little pokemon was standing. He looked down and saw two sets of armor. Each had a helmet, a body plate and wing plates and a neck piece made of many sheets for easy movement.

"Latios, Latias come here." Andrew called to the two dragons. They came over and saw the armor.

<For us?> Latias confirmed and picked up a helmet that had a pentagon on it.

<Yes, hope it fits.> Adelaide said and looked at the dragons expectantly.

"Here, let me help you with that." Andrew said and helped latias with the helmet and then the rest of the armor, and then Latios. They each moved their wings, necks, and heads experimentally.

<feels good, it's easy to move and fly. It's nice and light, but feels strong.> Latios commented. Latias nodded her agreement.
<Good.> Adelaide sighed. <Now its time to make your armor.> she looked at Andrew.

"Thank you; I will only need a chest plate." He said and Adelaide looked at the boy curiously.

<What ever you say.> she muttered and began to dig. Within minutes she had found a metal deposit.

<How did you do that?> Latios asked, amazed that she knew exactly where to dig.

<Just because I was made from the shadows doesn't mean I don't have the abilities of a regular Aron. All of my kind can find metal deep in the Earth." She said as if everyone should have known this. <Now then for you a chest plate and you also said you needed weapons, but I haven't had any requests. Who are they for?>
"Anyone who can wield a sword. Make katana's, that's what I need, Katana's." Andrew said and Adelaide pulled a large hunk of metal out of the ground and began to work.

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
WTF is wit the no commnts? i would lso apriciate of or people started ommmenting... so if you read nd lke it plz commnt. here

"So, where are we going now?" Orin asked Andrew.

"Well, it appears, that we are on the mainland, and where ever there is main land, there are villages."

<Are you sure a village is a good idea?> Thea asked as she came up behind him. <We don't really, um, do well with large groups of people.>

"Well you are welcome to camp on the outskirts of the village if you like but I'm going to an inn. Anyone who pleases may enter with me. We will only stay there for one night. Maybe I can also get some others to help us fight." Andrew said and began to pack his sack. As he opened it he saw the pendant, he had completely forgotten about it, and now everything that had happened to Typhlosion and Rayquaza rushed back to him. He remembered he still had the ax that had hit his friend and pulled both the weapon and the pendant out. He looked at them and it was all he could do to keep from crying.

"I swear upon Cunamio that I will avenge you." He whispered to himself. He put both items back in his bag and began to put the rest of his precious few items in the bag. He unsheathed his sword swung it in circles a few times. Thea and Orin stepped back, the blade was unusually sharp, and they both heard what happens if the blade so much as scratched you. Neither of them thought drowning in the air sounded like a good way to die. Andrew re-sheathed the blade when he saw the two step back. "Sorry, it just comes naturally for me to swing it." He said and gave an innocent smile. Orin almost forgot that Andrew was over 100 years old when he did that. It was slightly unnerving.

"Well we'd better get moving if we're going to a town." Aalina said which nearly made Andrew attack her he was so startled.

"You know, you are scarily silent when you move. Now, what's the rush?" Andrew said once he regained his posture.

"I'm ready to sleep on a bed again. An inn sounds nice compared to just sleeping out in the open or in a tent." She answered simply. Andrew chuckled.

"Get used to wanting that." Andrew said snidely. He slung his bag over his shoulder and looked at his rag tag army. Latios shimmered to visibility behind Andrew.

<Do you really think that we might find help in the next village?> the blue dragon asked in disbelief.

"Yes, and as we move from village to village hopefully more and more people will join us. Eventually we will reach the castle and the surrounding city." Andrew replied without looking at the dragon.

<How will we know if it's another fake city?>

"Hopefully the evil hasn't gotten smart and the people in those places will have the dead tone." Latios sighed and nodded doubtfully.

When everyone had finished preparations the large group moved out through the forest. Andrew was in the front with Latios and Latias on his left and Tybalt and Thea on his left.

"So, where is the nearest village? You know these woods better than I do." Andrew said to Tybalt. He just pointed along the path they were taking.

"The nearest village isn't to far from here. We can supply there. I have been there multiple times, bartering and such."
- - - - - - - - - - -
Later that day the rag tag battalion reached the small town. There were high towers with guards inside of them. A make shift wooden barricade blocked the entrance were two guards stood. They both looked nervous, like something bad might happen at any moment. Andrew and Tybalt approached the first guard.

"Hello Semon." Tybalt greeted the man. "What happened?"

"Oh, Tybalt! Thea! Hello! Who is your friend?" the man said motioning to Andrew, completely ignoring the question.

"This is Andrew." The black Gallade said. The boy bowed

"You seem to be in some kind of trouble." Andrew said and looked at the barricade and guard towers.

"Yes, we have suffered from quite a few attacks. We don't know who from though. They only strike at night. We have a watch all the time now." Semon said sadly. "It seems you have brought a, um, large group with you though. Can you help us fight?" He looked at Luni.

"Actually, I was going to ask you the same. I have a feeling I know who is attacking you." Andrew said quietly. Semon looked around.

"Come with me. Everyone in your group is more than welcome into the village also." The man said and led them past the barricade. The rest of the group streamed through the narrow entrance like a stream between rocks. Everyone finally entered and settled down in the town square.

"Where is your leader?" Andrew asked Semon once he had made sure everyone was comfortable.

"He's wounded and in bed, but he's getting better. You can probably speak with him. He's over at the inn." The man said and pointed at a ramshackle building, apparently damaged from a previous struggle.

"That doesn't look like a very good place to keep the wounded…" Orin muttered and followed Andrew, Tybalt, and Semon into the building.

Along the walls were makeshift cots that had been put together hastily. They all looked like they were about to fall apart and each one had a wounded man in it and there was a cot at the far end that had two armed guards by him.

"Your leader?" Andrew confirmed. Semon nodded and Andrew walked up to the man. The guards raised their swords but with a sign from Semon they sheathed the blades.

"Hello." Andrew greeted the man. "I have come here for assistance. I will also be able to provide assistance to you if you agree to help me." The man just stared at Andrew.

"Hold on, that was way to fast. But you can help us?" the man said, slightly confused.

"Yes. But I will also need your help once I have assisted you." The man swiftly agreed. He knew he needed help, and he would take it in any way shape or form, but he was curious about why a boy would need his help, and how the child would be able to help him and asked.

"How will a mere child help us?"

"A child yes, but a human child, no. I can help you in many ways. More than you can imagine, but I need you to agree to my terms first"

"You look human in every way though, except, your eyes are… yellow?" the man was shocked. Andrew sighed, muttered something about people always questioning and never just accepting and turned into a Typhlosion and back.

"Ok are you happy now?" Andrew sounded agitated.

"Um, yes, I think. Now what are your terms to helping us?" the man could tell that the boy was agitated and didn't want to find out what happened if he got angry.

"You help us fight and give us a place to stay for the night. We will help you fight off any attacks until we leave. Then we expect some sort of troop to come with us when we do." The man seemed to think of this.

"You must help us first. They attack us every night. All of our women and children have been kidnapped, so there is no need to worry about harming them. You are free to attack wildly if you wish, just try not to harm my men."

"It's a deal then." Andrew said and shook the man's hand. "What is your name?"

"I am Arye. And you are?"

"My name is Andrew. It has been a pleasure speaking with you." The boy said and walked away, Orin and Tybalt close behind. Semon looked at Arye, shrugged and followed. When Andrew walked out he noticed that it was getting dark.

"The first attack will be soon." Semon warned him.

"First?! You never said anything about multiple attacks!" Andrew exclaimed angrily. He had only expected to help with one attack. "Oh well, it can't be helped." Just then a loud rustling came from the woods behind them and Andrew turned around, his sword drawn. He looked around and saw quite a few men with both cross and long bows, and more with swords, all prepared for an attack. Latios, Latias, Luni, Umbreon, and everyone else were also prepared. A protective phalanx formed in the front, just as the first wave appeared. It consisted of Mightyena, Salamence, and even a few men, all pitch black, wearing armor and wielding weapons.

Latias came up behind Andrew dressed in her armor, Latios followed.

<lets see if this armor works.> Latios said and charged a Salamence, and hit it in the head so hard with his helmet that Andrew could hear the black Dragons jaw break and the beast fell to ground. Andrew walked over to it and finished it off with Cunamio. The rest of the defenders followed suit and attacked the intruders. Quite a few fell and didn't move again, but more attackers fell. Within minutes the remaining attackers fled. Andrew helped the wounded, and went to see how Adelaide was doing on his chest plate. She finished it just as he walked up and he tried it on at her urging. It was a dark blue and was intricately etched with waves that seemed to move with the armor. Andrew had no idea how she did things like that but didn't question it.

"Thank you." He said to the little pokemon.

"Your welcome. Now, you need Katana's and some armor for Luni. Which should I start with?" the little pokemon asked.

"Start with Luni's armor. Currently I'm more worried about our welfare and protection than our offense." Andrew said and wandered off wearing his new chest plate.

Just as he reached the rest of the defense group the second wave came. It was as quickly destroyed as the first one.

This went on, hour after hour, wave after wave, it went on. Andrew helped to care for the wounded in between the waves and eventually, the fighting stopped all together. The enemies stopped coming, and Andrew was relieved of caring for the wounded by Tybalt who called over another medic, the Chancy that Andrew had first seen when Andrew had first met Tybalt. The boy walked into the inn, found an empty cot, and took his armor off. He fell asleep the second his head hit the small pillow that had been provided. His slumber was deep and dreamless.

zapdos926

Years
This is an update, I'll add a chapter to this post later. Update: I will be re-writing every chapter of book 1 whenever I get the time and will be replacing each one here.

EDIT: ok here is chapter 12. ive been to lazy to start on rewritng book one, but i'm typing it up as soon as i post this chapter...

----------
CH. 12

Andrew knew he had slept in a lot when Luni was the one that woke him up. She had poked her head through the window above his cot and shook him gently with her nose. He was so startled that he rolled off his cot and hit his head.

"Ow, ow, ow." He groaned as he got up.

<Sorry, I didn't men to scare you like that. Are you okay?> Luni said. Andrew could tell that through the sincerity, she would probably burst out laughing at any second.

"Yes I'm fine. And its not that I was startled from being woken up, I was startled because you were the one who woke me up." Andrew laughed.

<Well, its time to go, and Arye wants to see you.> she pulled her head out of the window. Andrew looked around and saw that every man in the building was looking at him. The boy turned away and wondered why Arye had told Luni to get him. The man was in the cot at the far side of the room. Andrew looked and the cot was empty. He walked out side after preparing his bag and saw Arye standing by the entrance opposite side of the one he had entered with all the men Andrew had fought with the previous night. Andrew walked up to the man.

"This is the troop you're sending with me?! This is every living non-wounded man that you have!" Andrew exclaimed.

"Yes," Arye said. "They have all volunteered to go with you."

"But who will stay and care for the wounded?" Andrew asked worriedly.

"Semon and I will stay here. Once enough men have healed we will follow you." Arye explained. Andrew looked doubtful, but nodded any ways.

"I was expecting this to take an extremely long time, with everyone unprepared and not knowing whose going and whose staying. It's nice not to have to worry about that." Andrew said.

"Yes, all of these men are just villagers, but they have become worthy enough to be knights. They are extremely organized. You won't have to worry about keeping them organized." Semon said. Andrew shook hands with both men, and walked off, his rag-tag army marching behind him, and Luni in the sky providing air cover. Latios and Latias were on either side of him, and the rest of the group was formed into ranks.

Jogun was leading in the front of the group of shadow pokemon, and Tybalt and Thea were in front of the men that had just joined them. All the Ninetails were flanking the battalion and the archers were in the front, followed by the long swordsmen, the men with the two handed swords, and in the back was the phalanx unit, their shields held up and ready for an attack.
- - - - - - - - - - -
In two days they finally came to another village. This one seemed to have been burnt out, and otherwise totally destroyed, and dead bodies littered the ground. It was all but un-inhabited. Wild pokemon wandered freely through the smoldering remains of the buildings. This went on for many weeks, sometimes finding villages that hadn't yet been attacked. Some had been but were still standing and were only barely holding their own. Some were like the destroyed village, but for every village that was inhabited; a new group of men would join them. Sometimes the entire village would come from the ones that hadn't been attacked yet. Sometimes the town leaders didn't believe Andrew and only those that wanted to joined the army.

By the end of the fifth week, Andrew had over 1000 men in his army, there was even a small cavalry unit led by Orin, and around 200 women and children. He trained the women how to be nurses and the children how to defend themselves with sticks and stones if they needed to. Many of the women disagreed with a child leading them, but swiftly changed their minds once Andrew showed them his ability.

One night as they camped in another destroyed village, Adelaide came up to Andrew.

<Luni's armor is ready.> she announced.

"Good. Now its time for weapons. We will need Katana's, long swords broad swords, maces. Any kind of weapon." Andrew said and called Luni over. She walked over to wear Adelaide had set the armor. It resembled Latios and Latias's just larger, and the helmet had a slightly different shape. He helped the young Lugia with the straps and stepped back when he was done. "Another work of art." He said to Adelaide, who nodded here approval and began digging for more metal while Luni moved around experimentally.

<Wow, I don't even feel like I'm wearing it it's so light!> she exclaimed.

<Well try it out, tackle that tree.> Adelaide said, slightly muffled because of the metal in her mouth that she had just dragged out of the ground. Luni looked at the Aron skeptically, but rammed the tree any ways; she hit it with the top of her helmet. The tree broke in half. Luni looked up, slightly startled.

<I didn't feel a thing! This armor is amazing!> she exclaimed happily. Adelaide wasn't paying much attention though. She was already almost done with a long sword. Andrew was shocked that she had made it so fast.

"What? How on earth did you do that?!" Andrew said his eyes wide.

<Weapons are easy, they are much smaller than armor, and I don't need to worry about size to much.> She explained. <I just need to make sure their not too heavy, light, or weak.> Andrew nodded in amazement.

"Even still… At this rate, we'll have enough weapons for everyone in three days!" Adelaide yawned and lay down.

<I don't think I'm going to make anything else today.> she muttered and lay down. The Aron instantly began to snore softly.

Andrew walked back to the center of the camp that they had made, followed by Luni. Now there were real tents that were taken from destroyed villages or were made out of rough canvas that people had brought with them. A large bon fire was in the middle and several smaller ones were scattered throughout the rest of the camp. Andrew sat down next to Tybalt
"The sounds of the night are beautiful." The black pokemon muttered. Andrew strained to hear what the Gallade was hearing. He closed his eyes and cancelled everything out except for the sounds of the night. A Noctowl crooned in the distance. A small wind whistled through the trees. Kricketune and Kricketot chirped in the forest. Small pokemon rustled the leaves on bushes. All together the sounds were truly beautiful. He opened his eyes with a start when one of the Ninetails that was on patrol around the camp started to howl. Andrew, Tybalt and Orin rushed to see what had happened. Several soldiers were already there by the time they arrived.

"We've just caught an intruder." one of them informed Andrew.

"What was it?"

"It's a Mightyena, sir."

"Ok thank you." Andrew said and looked to where a small squabble seemed to be happening. Two Ninetails, one Andrew recognized as Jogun, were trying to hold down a squirming Mightyena. He approached them and as soon as he did, the black, wolf like pokemon stopped moving. The two Ninetails still held it down but spread farther apart from each other so that Andrew could get a good look at the intruder. The pokemon tried once more to escape, but with no avail.

"Don't even think about trying to escape." Andrew whispered to it. "Why are you here?"

<Its no business of yours.> the Mightyena answered coldly.

"Oh, yes it is. This is my camp, and I'm not going to let some pesky spy get away with anything around here." Andrew said just as cruelly. "Now tell my why you are here."

<I won't tell you anything!> it replied, now sounding a bit scared. No one had defied it before. Andrew grabbed the Mightyena's neck and held it down tightly. The Ninetails backed off, seeing that they were no longer needed and one of them went off on patrol again, but Jogun stayed behind in case he was needed again.

"Tell me why you are here." Andrew repeated, even more cruelly than before. The black pokemon tried to escape once more, but couldn't. It looked truly scared now. "Tell. Me. Now." Andrew ordered but the Mightyena still didn't say anything. Andrew picked it up by the scruff of its neck but threw it to the ground in disgust. "Put it in one of the houses. I want a guard at all exits and a Ninetails there at all times. He'll speak when he is ready." Andrew said to two of the guards and stormed off, leaving the soldiers to take care of the intruder. A crowd had gathered to see what had happened, but some soldiers shooed them off.

"There is nothing to see here, go about your business." They yelled at the crowd which finally left.

Andrew went to the tent he shared with Umbreon. When he walked in he saw the little black pokemon curled up, already asleep under a soft blanket. Andrew lay down and thought about what he would do with the new prisoner. He knew that it had a strong will power, which had proven obvious during the short interrogation. But now the pokemon was scared of him, which would prove useful during further questioning. He knew though, that he had nightmares when he fell asleep angry, so he tried to think of other thing but to no avail, and he had yet another nightmare.

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
im gonna be gone for three weeks, so here is a chapter for each week:
--------

CH.13

This night mare was hardly as bad as the ones Andrew had had before. This one was just more of a bad dream. He saw the evil in its new form, a terrifying combination of three pokemon. Andrew couldn't move and the horrible creature approached, swinging two battle axes the size of large Rapidash. The creature swung the axes and Andrew thought they would hit them but they abruptly stopped right in front of him. They were still covered in blood, but not his own. Just as whatever had protected him began to appear, he woke up. Andrew looked around the tent, Umbreon had since left and he was alone. He crawled out of the tent and saw that his army had already started to take down the rest of the tents. He saw one of the few still standing buildings with a few idle guards and a Ninetails by it. He then remembered what had happened with the intruder. Andrew walked over to the building and the guards saluted as he walked up.

"At ease, you are now relieved of your duties." Andrew told them and walked inside. The Mightyena was on the floor asleep. Andrew sat in front of it and a small breeze blew through the opened windows. It woke up the Mightyena which looked startled, like it had no clue were it was. Then it remembered.

<What do you want now?> it asked angrily.

"The same thing as last night. Why are you here?" Andrew asked.

<you answered that last night yourself. I'm just some pesky spy.> it said.

"No, there is more to it than that. Why are you really here?" Andrew asked again.

<I didn't say who I was spying for.> it answered. Andrew looked confused.

"So you're not spying for the darkness?" Andrew asked skeptically.

<Of course not!> the Mightyena looked shocked that Andrew would even think of such a thing.

"Then who are spying for?"

<Tybalt. I'm kind of like a double agent. I pretend I'm working with the evil, but I give them false plans and locations, but I tell Tybalt where the evil is going to strike next.> Andrew looked doubtful, and told one of the Ninetails that happened to be patrolling the area to get Tybalt. In a few minutes the Gallade arrived.

"Do you know who this Mightyena is?" Andrew asked him. The Gallade looked at the wolf like pokemon.

"No, I don't know it at all." Tybalt answered.

"Are you sure? It said it knows you. That it pretends to spy for the evil, but is truly spying for you." Andrew pressed on.

"I don't know it at all. It's lying." the Gallade said quietly. Andrew looked down at the Mightyena.

"I don't take kindly to liars." Andrew whispered coldly. He put his hand on the hilt of Cunamio, but thought better of it and just pulled out some rope. He tied it around the pokemon's mouth and grabbed the other end of it. When Andrew left the building he saw that the rest of the camp had been packed up. He gave the rope end to a guard and had two Ninetails be escorts for the prisoner.

The army set off through the woods. The next place they would come to was most likely the capital, where Andrew would seek the help of the king.
- - - - - - - - - - -
After two weeks of walking the group still hadn't come to the capital. They hadn't even seen any villages, and the Mightyena was becoming restless. Andrew had left the prisoner alone for quite awhile, but approached it again, this time with Cunamio drawn. The guards that were in charge of it stepped back, curious as to what would happen. Andrew knelt down by the pokemon.

"Now, I don't want to kill you, but I will if I need to. Please tell me the truth." Andrew said politely. This scared the pokemon even more than anything else, Andrew noticed.

<I-I wont tell you anything.> it said shakily.

"Yes. you will." Andrew said. "And that's an order, not a request." The boy looked into the Mightyena's eyes. It looked away, but Andrew pulled its head back toward his. He put his forehead right up to its. "You will tell me. Now." Andrew whispered so coldly that the pokemon flinched.
- - - - - - - - - - -
After a few minutes Andrew got up and walked over to where the bon fire was being prepared. Latias was helping collect logs, and Latios, Luni, and Umbreon were just wandering through the camp, making sure nothing was wrong. Orin was teaching some men how to properly fight with a lance while riding a Rapidash. Aalina was helping Latias with wood. Andrew sat down on one of the logs that was by the fire. Latias and Aalina finished with the wood and somebody lit the pile of branches. The two sat on either side of Andrew.

<What did you get out of the prisoner?> Latias asked him.

"Not much. I almost killed him. He did admit to not being one of Tybalt's spies though."

"Why didn't you kill him then?" Aalina asked after figuring about what the conversation was about.

"He still might prove useful to us. He might decide to help us fight but I doubt that." Andrew explained.

<When do you think we'll make it to the capital?> Latias asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I'm not sure. Hopefully soon." Andrew sighed. "I have a feeling that war is approaching." Latias and Aalina nodded at this.

"I'm tired; I'll be sleeping if you need me." Aalina yawned and walked over to the tent she shared with her father, everyone else slowly left too, leaving Andrew and Latias alone by the fire. It was very dark out now, and the stars flickered brightly in the heavens. The Ninetails called to each other, giving the night an eerie feel. A warm spring breeze blew through the clearing. Andrew stared into the flames, and wished he could see images like Typhlosion. He suddenly felt a lump in his pocket, and he pulled out the pendant. He clenched it tightly. One of he Ninetails suddenly called out in pain. Andrew got up and ran to where the sound came from, Latias close behind.

Once again, guards were already there by the time Andrew reached the spot. Latios was there too. He saw Jogun lying on the ground, an arrow in his side. Andrew knelt down next to the pokemon and instantly began working on the arrow. After a few minutes of wiggling, he finally got the projectile out and checked the tip. No poison. Jogun looked at Andrew, he seemed scared.

"You're going to be fine." Andrew forced a smile. Jogun calmed down. "Come on." Andrew grunted and picked the pokemon up. He carried Jogun to the bon fire and set him down next to it. He grabbed his bag and pulled out a bundle of gauze and proceeded to wrap it around the wound. When he was done he finally got Jogun to relax and fall asleep. Tybalt was standing close by.

"He'll be ok." Andrew told the black pokemon, who seemed to relax.

"Good, I don't like it when a general is down." Tybalt said.

"No, it's more than just not liking when one of your men, or pokemon in this case, is down. You care about him quite a bit." Andrew corrected.

"Your to smart for your age." Tybalt laughed.

"Pfft, my age? I'm not your average ever day human. I'm not even human at all." Andrew said and walked off.

He grabbed a blanket from inside his tent and lay down on top of it on the ground. He stared at the stars, trying to find a constellation of Typhlosion. He had heard once before that when one died, part of their spirit went to the sky and turned into a constellation. The sky was especially beautiful that night too. Only a sliver of the moon showed, and a strange but beautifully hypnotizing blue light came from over the horizon. It had been about an hour and he was about to give up and just go to sleep when Latias came up to him. She floated right above him for a second, blocking his view. Andrew looked startled.

<What are you doing?> she asked.

"Looking for a constellation. What are you doing? I thought you were asleep." Andrew said.

<I was looking for you.>

"Why? Did you have another night mare?" Andrew asked.

<No, I just couldn't sleep and I knew that you were the only one probably still awake.> she answered with a yawn. She looked very tired she lay down next to him and gently rested her head on Andrew's chest. He absent mindedly stroked her head. <how did you get your-> she was cut off.

"I'm not telling anyone how I got my ability. And what about the Ninetails or the guards?" He said to her.

<I wasn't going to ask that.> she said with a laugh. <I was going to ask how you got your human form. Did you absorb the essence of just one person that looked exactly like that? And the guards and Ninetails aren't as interesting to talk to.>

"Oh, um, not exactly." Andrew said, slightly embarrassed that he just jumped to conclusions like that. "It's a combination of many essences absorbed at once."

<oh, ok. Now what constellation are you looking for?> Latias changed the subject.
"I was looking for one of Typhlosion, but I guess there isn't one." Andrew said sadly.
<You don't know that. I'll help you look.> she said and looked into the sky. < I see it already.>

"What?! Where?" Andrew asked, shocked that she had found it so fast.

<See, right there. The flames on his back are there. There is his head, and there's his body.> she pointed right next to where the blue light ended.

"Oh, I see it now. Thank you." Andrew said and looked up at the constellation happily. "I guess the legend is true." He whispered.

<What legend?> Latias asked curiously.

"The one about when you die, part of your spirit goes to the stars and becomes a constellation." Andrew answered.

<Oh, I think of heard that before, but I've always wondered, where does the rest of your spirit go?>

"I don't know. To the realm of Giratina I guess." Andrew shrugged. He suddenly felt something digging into his back. He gently pushed Latias off his chest and sat up. He reached behind him and felt on the ground the pendant. He lay back down and held it up. Latias looked at him curiously.

<Was that there before?> she asked.

"No, it wasn't. This happened earlier; it was in my pocket last time. I swear I put it back in my bag." Andrew said and stared at the necklace curiously. Latias lay down again and sighed tiredly.

<So how did you get your powers any way?> she asked.

"I just told you that I wouldn't tell you." Andrew said and looked at her quizzically.
<I know. Does that mean I can't ask any ways?> she asked and Andrew gave an exasperated sigh.

"I might as well tell you now. I guess I'll tell Latios tomorrow." Andrew said and began.

--------------
notice any trends with the amulet?
-------------

ch.14

"At the bottom of the ocean, there is a stone. The stone posses a strange but amazing power. It obviously can't use the power because it's a, um, a rock." Andrew said. "It can give any who come to close to it the ability to change shape, to become something entirely different at any point in their lives. It had been sealed in a protective stone coffin for a very long time, but I found the way into it. I gained the ability." Andrew finished. Latias stared at him in wonderment.

<What was the entrance?> she asked.

"I've told you enough already. We should get some sleep." Andrew replied with a yawn and closed his eyes. Latias knew that he wasn't asleep, but he was very good at faking it, making his breathing very light, and snoring softly. Latias lay down next to him anyways and closed her eyes too.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Andrew woke up before any one else in the camp the next morning. He walked over to where the guards in charge of the prisoner were and relieved them. He crept up in front of the sleeping pokemon and just sat there. The Mightyena's nose twitched as it caught Andrew's scent. It stood abruptly and tried to back away, but Andrew held its foreleg.

"Are you ready to tell me anything?" Andrew asked it.

<yes, but I need time to think how I'll, um, say It.> it replied quietly.

"You have until tomorrow morning to figure out what you're going to say." Andrew said and walked away. Tybalt had been there the whole time and left as the next set of guards walked up. One of them was carrying a rope and tied it around the Mightyena's mouth. The rest of the camp slowly awoke and began to disassemble the tents. A few children were kicking a ball and it rolled towards Andrew's feet. He picked it up and gave it to a child that had run up to collect the ball.

"Thank you mister." He said and ran off to continue playing with his friends. Andrew walked around the camp making sure that nothing was amiss. Latios floated to his side.

<Is the prisoner ready to talk?> he asked.

"He said yes. I gave him until tomorrow morning to think about what he's going to say and how." Andrew sighed. "I told Latias how I got my ability last night. Follow me, I'm going to tell you know." He said and led the dragon into the near by woods, where he repeated the story. After a few minutes of silence, Latios spoke.

<so, just a recap, when you were young, you found a magical stone that give who ever goes to close the ability to shape shift? And it is sealed off by some regular stone tomb, and you found an entrance? And then out of pure curiosity, just plain curiosity, you entered?> Latios confirmed. Andrew nodded and Latios just shook his head in disbelief. <You know, I would have thought that you of all people would have had the common sense not enter a mysterious gap in a rock.> he sighed. <And you don't even regret it?>

"No, I have sometimes though. But if I hadn't gotten the ability, I wouldn't have met some great people and pokemon, including you, Latias, Orin, Aalina…" Andrew trailed off.

<Typhlosion.> Latios finished.

"Yes, Typhlosion. And Rayquaza too." Andrew forced a smile and he and Latios silently returned to the camp. When they arrived the camp had been completely taken down, the tents were rolled up and hung over the backs of the Rapidash. Andrew made a routine check to make sure every one and everything was there. Andrew went to the front and the group left the clearing. The army behind the women and children, and the Ninetails flanked them on all sides. Adelaide trotted up to Andrew's side and nudged his leg.

<All the weapons are ready.> she said and led him to two Rapidash at the back of the group. They seemed to be very heavily burdened by the sacks on their backs. Blades of swords were jutting out the sides of the bags.

"How many swords did you make?" Andrew asked.

<Around 300 swords, 100 axe heads and 200 halberd heads. Someone else made the shafts and hilts.> she answered.

"Good lord…" he muttered and retuned to the front.
- - - - - - - - - - -
They had been walking for about 15 hours, when Andrew finally decided they would make camp in a large clearing. Every one instantly began unpacking and setting up tents many went right inside and fell asleep. It had been the longest they had ever walked without stopping. The sun slowly sunk below the horizon, and one by one the stars began to appear in the sky. Andrew looked up at the sky and found the constellation of Typhlosion. He noticed the mysterious blue light again and wondered what was causing it. He shook the thought from his head and visited the Mightyena again.

"You had better think of what you're going to say tomorrow, your time is running out. Tick-tock." Andrew said and left the guards to watch the pokemon again. Aalina approached him as he walked back towards his tent.

"How much longer until we reach the capital?" she asked tiredly.

"Only one more day. I have a feeling we're only about a mile away." He said with a yawn. Aalina just shrugged and went to her tent. Andrew slowly crept into his tent, where Umbreon was sitting. There was an oil lantern lit in the tent, providing a warm and inviting glow.

"Hello." Andrew muttered and crawled under the blankets.

<Good evening.> Umbreon said and stretched.

"How has Luni been?" Andrew asked. "I haven't seen her much lately."

<She's fine, still sleeping in for quite along time, and just being generally lazy.> Umbreon answered.

"So nothing out of the ordinary." Andrew said with a laugh. He stared at the roof of the tent and saw a faint blue glow. "Do you know what that blue light in the sky is?" he asked. Umbreon looked up too.

<yes, I think so. When I was an Eevee, I heard of a legend about a mysterious blue glow in the sky.> the black pokemon said. Andrew looked at him curiously. <it's not a good legend though if I remember correctly." He cleared his throat. "'A blue light will appear in the sky when a great evil is near. Although it may be beautiful, do not stare at it for to long, for if you do, you will become a being of great terror.'" Umbreon quoted, and looked at Andrew.

"Well I hope that legend isn't true." Andrew laughed weakly and lay his head down on the pillow and closed his eyes.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Tybalt stealthily crept past the guards watching over the Mightyena. He stepped up to the pokemon's sleeping form.

"You weren't lying when you said you would tell the boy everything." The Gallade whispered and grabbed the wolf-like pokemon's throat.
------------

CH.15

Andrew woke up to hear a large commotion outside. Umbreon was waiting by the tent opening for him. Andrew saw that almost everyone in camp was over where the prisoner was kept.

"What's happening?" Andrew asked Umbreon as they began to walk towards the crowd.

<The prisoner was killed last night.> Umbreon said. Andrew looked utterly shocked.

"Were there any blade wounds, bite marks, anything?" Andrew asked.

<that's the weird thing. It was just lying there, not breathing. One of the guards found it like that when he was giving him breakfast.> the black pokemon said and Andrew pushed his way through the crowd that had gathered. He finally made his way to the center, where two guards, Latios, Latias, and Luni were.

"Sir," the guards said when they saw Andrew approach.

"At ease." Andrew said. He disappeared in a flash of light and a cat-like pokemon, a Luxray was there. Its eyes glowed red and Andrew seemed to scan the Mightyena's body. He stopped when he reached the throat and looked intently at it. Andrew was back in his human form again in another flash of light. "He was strangled to death." Andrew muttered. "Did either of you see who did it, or did one of you do it?" the boy said to the guards. They each looked at each other, as if trying to figure it out.

"No, we were standing guard the whole time, neither of us moved." One of the guards said. Andrew nodded and scanned the crowd. He saw tybalt slowly creeping away, he looked nervous.

"Guards! Get Tybalt!" Andrew shouted and three armed men were quickly behind the Gallade. Tybalt tried to stab one with his sharp elbows, but he didn't even manage to dent the armor. Two of the guards grabbed Tybalt's arms, and the third had his sword ready.

"You killed the prisoner." Andrew said.

"He was going to tell you the truth, I couldn't let that happen." Tybalt said and spat at Andrew's feet.

"So, you are the real spy. We all trusted you. We believed you when you said what you did." Andrew said and turned to the rest of the shadow pokemon. "Who else knew of this?" the boy asked. None of the black and silver pokemon spoke, but Jogun went up to Tybalt.

"Jogun, if you are wise, you will know who to join." Tybalt said

<I trusted you, we all did. You helped us in our times of need, but it was all just trickery. We actually are outcasts. You are just a fool. And I do know who to join.> the Ninetails said angrily and went to Andrews side.

"Tie him to a stake!" Andrew barked, and two guards came up with a large wooden pole which they stuck into the ground. The guards that were holding tybalt quickly tied him to the stake with the rope that had been around the prisoner's mouth. "If we were in the court of a king, you would have been hung, or starved to death in a dungeon. This is hardly the punishment you would have received." Andrew said and turned into his Typhlosion form. Everybody backed away, they knew what was about to happen.

<Any last words?> Andrew asked and flames began to shoot out of his back.

"The day of reckoning will soon be here. Within a weeks time the world will be engulfed in darkness. Not even you, young king of the sea, will be able to stop it." Tybalt answered and spat at Andrew's feet again.

<May Giratina and Darkrai have mercy on your soul.> Thea looked away as a jet of flame emerged from Andrew's mouth and hit her mate. Tybalt immediately was ablaze and his cries of pain could be heard throughout the forest. Within 20 seconds, there was nothing left except for ash and dust. Andrew turned back into a human and put the remains in a small sack and whispered to himself.

"The first death of a war." He said. "No need to pack up the tents, I think we're going to be staying here for another night." The boy said to one of the nearby guards, who then issued the order to everyone else. Thea approached Andrew.

<May I have his ashes?> she asked, complete sadness in her voice. Andrew nodded and gave her the sack.

"I'm sorry. All of us would have died if I had not done what I had done. He wouldn't hesitate to kill all of us, including you." Andrew said a note of sadness in his voice too. Thea held the sack to her chest for a moment, but then just tossed it into the woods. She just stood there for a moment, but then walked off. Andrew watched the silver Gardevoir leave, and then went to find Luni, who had left before Tybalt's execution. He hadn't spoken to her in a while.

Andrew finally found her at the outskirts of the camp, speaking with Umbreon.

"Hello." Andrew announced himself. Luni turned towards the boy.

<hello.> she said sadly. <what happened? I-I couldn't watch.> she looked down.

"Tybalt was burnt at the stake." Was Andrew's reply. "Its fine, you needn't be ashamed. I didn't like doing it. I trusted him as much as most of us, but he betrayed us. We all would have been killed if I hadn't done it." He patted Luni's head. "So how have you been recently? I haven't spoken to you in a while."

<Oh, I'm pretty sure that Umbreon told you I was just being lazy, which I have been, but, well, yea I've just been lazy.> she said all of them laughed half-heartedly.

<Too bad we can't have a sand fight again to lighten the mood.> latios said as he approached them. Andrew, Umbreon and Luni all nodded their agreement. <It seems like that had happened only two days ago, yet it was little more than a month ago.> Latios sighed, remembering the moment in which he had thrown sand at Latias's face. Andrew looked like he remembered doing the same to Latios, which had started the whole thing. He shook himself back to the present.

"Tomorrow, we go to the capital. We will request the help of the king, I hope he doesn't refuse." Andrew said.

<And if he does?> Umbreon questioned.

"Then we'll have to fight the evil with our army." Andrew said.

<he's kidding? Right? > Umbreon said and looked at everyone else. They stared at him in return. <oh, Arceus. He isn't kidding.> the black pokemon sighed.
- - - - - - - - - - -
The day went on pretty normally after all that. The women cooked and the men practiced fighting. Orin had set up a riding course for the cavalry and was getting them to ride through it. Later though, Arye, Semon and the rest of the men that had before been wounded arrived at the camp. Andrew greeted them happily. Arye surveyed the camp.

"You have quite an army here." The man said he scanned the crowd of people that had gathered to greet the re-enforcements. "Where is tybalt?" Arye asked, confused that the Gallade hadn't been the first to greet them. Andrew looked at his boots.

"dead." He muttered.

"Did you say dead? I don't think I heard you correctly." Semon said.

"No, you heard me fine, he's dead." Andrew said, a bit more angrily.

"Who did it? I will kill who ever has killed him." Semon said madly.

"I did. He betrayed us. He was working with the evil. He told us other wise, but he killed our prisoner. He told us that darkness alone would survive." Andrew answered, still staring at the ground. Arye and Semon looked at him shocked.

"But he, I, me, us?!" Semon stuttered.

"What about Thea? How did she take it?" Arye asked, getting strait to the point.

"She took it surprisingly well, he was burnt at the stake, and she was the one who threw the sack with his ashes into the forest." Andrew said. Darkness had now fallen. He looked into the sky; the blue light was no longer there. "Tomorrow, we finish walking to the King's palace. We will then request his help. Until then, you should probably get some sleep. You have had a long hike. I'll get some extra tents set up for you and your men" Andrew said and looked at Semon, who was still just murmuring non-sense. After all arrangements were made for more tents, everyone went to bed. Andrew looked up at the constellation of Typhlosion one last time before he entered his tent. The rings on Umbreon's body were giving off a pale, but calming yellow light. Andrew quickly fell asleep, he had another night mare. It was just one image though: a strange combination of three pokemon, roaring to an army, with a pitch black storm cloud hovering above it.

zapdos926

Years
well, it maakes me qute sad tat nobody has posted anything... :'( stil... anyway here is chapter 16
-----------

A messenger approached the throne room. "My lord, we have just gotten a report of what seems to be a small army approaching the city." The man said respectfully. The king looked a bit nervous; he had never experienced an attack on the city before and was better at offense than defense.

"Do they look like they are going to attack?" the king asked.

"No, they are approaching slowly, and there have also been reports of women and children in their midst." The messenger replied.

"Ready the defenses any ways. If they show any sign of threat, give the order to attack." The king said, a bit more reassured from what the man had said. The messenger turned back just as he reached the large doors that lead to the throne room.

"One more thing," he said "their leader seems to be a young boy." And with that the man exited to give the orders. The king looked confused, but still wasn't going to let his guard down, both literally and metaphorically.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Andrew saw the force that was gathering before any one else did. His army marched slowly behind him, ready for anything. They had become completely loyal to Andrew and would not hesitate to attack if they were asked to. This scared Andrew a little, but also reassured him with the fact that he would always be with a group of people he could rely on. Even with the slow march, the army reached the front of the city within minutes. The guards raised their swords, crossbows and lances, prepared for an attack of any kind. Andrew respectfully approached a guard that had armor trimmed with gold, he seemed to be the one in charge. Andrew bowed and spoke.

"I would like to see your king." The boy said. This seemed to make the guard confused, he was obviously prepared for a large fight, not a request.

"Umm, your not taking your army in with you, are you? We don't take kindly to armed people, much less full armies." The guard said. Andrew laughed.

"If you would rather I didn't, but I would at least like to take them with me." He said and motioned to latios, Latias, and Jogun. The guard nodded uncertainly.

"You wish only to speak with my liege? You are not here to attack?" the man confirmed. Andrew laughed again.

"No, I am here to request the help of your king. I wish no harm to any one." Andrew said. The man looked relieved that no fighting was about to happen. He called a squire over and told him to lead Andrew to the throne room, but he sent four heavily armed knights with them just in case. The small group entered the city and walked quickly through.

After about an hour, they finally reached the palace. It was huge, spiraling towers sprouted from all over it like trees. Catapults were on the walls, along with the stronger trebuchet, and ballista. Andrew and his companions were led through the cavernous halls until they came to two large doors. Each was intricately decorated with gold and silver imprints of many pokemon. The two doors were opened by the guards, two on each side. Behind the doors was a relatively long hallway with fountains lining the walls, Andrew instantly felt calm. At the far end a man was sitting in a beautiful throne that was encrusted with emeralds. The throne itself was a sky blue with red cushions. Next to him was a woman sitting in a copy of the throne, except with sapphires, not emeralds. The man was relatively tall, with a muscular build and a small beard. Andrew greeted the man, whom was obviously the king, with mild respect.

"Hello, good king and ruler of this land." Andrew said and bowed. Latios, Latias, and Jogun looked at him, shocked that he could have such respect. It was a side of him no one had seen before.

"Salutations. What brings you to this fair land of mine with such a large, umm, army?" The king said nervously.

"Do not fear me. I wish no harm to you or your people. I am here to request your help." Andrew said.

"What would a… well I can't call you a mere child now can I? You're controlling a small army. What would a child want from a king? Money?"

"No, I need help with a war. And no, I am no mere child. I am not even human." Andrew said and his face grew dark. The king did not question this, unlike most and just looked at Andrew closely.

"Prove it. You look completely human. I want proof that you're not."

"Very well." Andrew said. He closed his eyes for a moment and all the fountains suddenly stopped. The water floated out of the fountains and formed into one big water bubble. Everyone watched in curiosity and wonder as he moved his hands in the air, his eyes still closed. Andrew seemed to be molding invisible clay, but the water formed into what ever the boy was made in the air. When he was done, Andrew opened his eyes, and hovering in the air was a sculpture of Rayquaza, actual size, made of water. Andrew moved his hands some more and it looked like it was flying in place. He then made it curl into a sleeping position. "Do you believe that I am not human now?" the king just nodded his head, his jaw almost on the ground. The queen just looked shocked.

"If you're not human why do you appear to be human?" the king asked still staring at the watery Rayquaza.

"That is an ability. I can change from one form to another if I absorb the being's essence. I can form water like that because that's a natural ability. The shape shifting is acquired." Andrew answered.

"So what else can you turn into?" the king asked. Andrew sighed, but turned into a Typhlosion, a real Rayquaza, and then his real form. Nobody knew how he kept himself aloft though, since Kyogre aren't psychic types. Andrew stayed in his original form for a little longer, long enough to tell the king that it was his original form through telepathy. He changed back into his human form. "What about the statue?" the king asked after a few moments of shocked silence. Andrew muttered a few words and the watery Rayquaza changed into a human, an exact likeness of Andrew. He walked around a little and the water statue appeared to walk also. Andrew then turned into a Typhlosion, and the statue changed into one also.

"The water statue will stay together as long as my legacy lives on. Once I am dead and everyone who knows me is dead, or I am forgotten it will crumble into a puddle. But for now it will show everything that I am doing and every form that I am currently in." Andrew said. "Now, will you please help me? A great evil is approaching. It wishes to enshroud the whole world in a perpetual darkness. My small force is not enough to defeat it. It has an army as large, or larger than yours, but I will help you if you help me. It will destroy everything in its path."

The king rubbed his beard thoughtfully. "Yes, I will help you. If this evil is what you say it is, than we have no choice." The man said after a few minutes.

"Thank you. Now, it might get annoying to call you 'my lord' all the time. I too am a king, so what else should I call you." Andrew asked before he left.

"I am king Aimone." The man answered.

"Well then, king Aimone, I will have my men set up a camp for ourselves. Would it be alright if we sent the women and children in to the city? Come and meet me with your best commanders for a war council when you are ready. We will be just out side the main gates." Andrew said and left.

"Yes, send your women and children in!" king Aimone called after the boy and his companions. Andrew raised a hand to show that he had heard and exited the long corridor that led to the throne room.

"What a peculiar child… And what is he the king of exactly?" king Aimone said to his wife who had just been sitting in the throne next to him.

"I have a good feeling that he is the king of the ocean, my dear." The queen said and stared at the water statue that was walking in place. "How long do you think until the statue disappears?"

"If this fight is how he made it sound, not very long. I don't care if he has those abilities, no one is invincible. Many will die in this war. He and his friends will most likely be part of the casualties." The king said and strode out of the throne room to his chambers, his wife in tow.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"My lord, we have just gotten word that the boy has indeed gotten the help of the king." Lucas said solemnly. The evil beast in front of him only turned his head slightly.

"It is most unfortunate, but is only a minor set back. The day will be ours, and no one will prevent it." The creature said and disappeared into the shadows.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I only had time to read the first few chapters, but I'll admit that you definitely improved (looking at the comparison of the repost in the OP).

It seems to have an interesting storyline. I did see a couple of very minor mistakes, but I don't have much of an attention span right now. XD If you want, I can give a full review of what I read some other time.

zapdos926

Years
^okey-dokey :) but if you consult Silawen, she'll probly' say i'll ingore it(whch i kind of do, but i read it, d better in my following chapters)

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
Years
Hi Zapdos, it's me, Latios from the Dragon's Den thread.

I read the post where you said that nobody posted here, so I began reading this fan-fic.

I have only finished reading Dragons Winter, and it was a really awesome fan-fic.

It's very good, and right now I will begin reading Dragons Spring.

I hope you finish the Dragons Seasons series (I came up with that name).

-shininglatios217

EDIT: I finished reading the Dragons Spring book.

Last edited:

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
Years
^ awsome, how did you like it?

Did you mean why I liked it?

Maybe because Latios and Latias are main characters it's a serious fan-fic. I also like how the story develops and it kept me interested for two hours (the time I took reading both books). I also like to read books so maybe I also liked it because it looks like one.

EDIT: Also, the characters are interesting.

zapdos926

Years
Ok, but when you say you've read all of it, does that mean you went to DA and finished, or just what I've posted, since there is still some more to go.

zapdos926

Years
it has been quite some time since i last posted a chapter, but ere it is, chapter 17, and 18.
-------

ch. 17

When Andrew, latias, latios and Jogun arrived everyone had already finished unpacking the tents. A new sound rang in Andrew's ears and he went to investigate. The sound was of metal clanging, and it was coming from a tent in a secluded part of the camp. Andrew peered inside to see Adelaide tutoring a few young men on how to make swords. They were banging metal on anvils and the swords right now looked like large lumps of metal that had a rough edge than actual blades, but were slowly taking shape. Adelaide glanced in Andrews' direction and walked over to him.

"How are you teaching them? You can't speak can you?" was the first thing Andrew said. Adelaide gave him one of those "you've got to be kidding me" looks and rolled her eyes.

<no, I can't speak. But that doesn't mean I can't show them what to do.> the little pokemon said. Andrew didn't have anything to say to this, but nodded and watched Adelaide correct one of the young men by nudging his hand with her head into the right position and when she nodded the young man swung. The hammer flattened the metal a considerable amount. The other young man watched and did the same. Andrew left the tent after the sound of hammering became too much. He rubbed his temples, trying to relieve the massive head ache he had gotten. He wandered around the camp for a little while before gathering everyone into the middle where the bon fire was.

It took a few minutes for everyone to arrive, but everyone did eventually.

"I have requested the help of the king" Andrew began. Everyone murmured a bit at this, but they were silenced when Jogun blew a jet of flame into the air. "He has accepted my warnings and has agreed to help us." The crowd cheered, but was again silenced by Jogun. "The women and children are allowed into the city, and are to stay there until the first fight is over. You have an hour to prepare yourselves to enter the city." The boy finished. A young woman, one of the few had actually become a medic raised her hand. "Yes?" Andrew said when he noticed.

"What about the medics? Will we be able to help? You will need us." She said. Andrew looked like he was deep in thought.

"Yes, I will choose the best medics to come to the field of battle; the rest will enter the city." Andrew answered and walked away after gathering all the nurses. He chose ten and sent the others to pack their belongings.

After an hour, all the women and children left. It was unusually quiet at the camp now, without the sound of children shouting and women bickering among themselves. The only sounds were those of the forge that Adelaide had set up and the clinking of metal as the soldiers of Andrews' army walked through the camp. He heard an argument coming from one of the tents. Andrew heard the voices of Aalina and Orin. They were fighting about something and Andrew listened. He didn't like eaves dropping, but he was curious as to why Aalina hadn't left with the women and children.

"No, you are not staying here!" he heard Orin say madly.

"But father! I know how to fight! I want to help." Aalina pleaded.

"No, and that's final." Orin stopped the conversation. Andrew poked his head in, and pretended to be surprised when he saw Aalina. Both of them looked at him.

"Why are you still here?" Andrew asked Aalina, mock surprise in his voice.

"I want to help fight…" Aalina said sadly. She got an idea though and her face lit up. "Will you let me fight?" she asked Andrew.

"No, I'm sorry. You should have gone with the other children." He said. Aalina looked shocked.

"So, I'm a child? 'You should have gone with the other children.'? And you're not a child." She said, disgusted.

"No, in human standards I would be dead. So no I'm not a child, but you are." Andrew retorted. "How many other 13 year olds do you see here right now? Oh, yes. I forgot. There aren't any." Andrew said, but instantly felt bad about it.

"How many 13 year olds in this whole camp can fight? Oh yes. I forgot. I'm the only one." Aalina said. Her face was red, and Andrew could have sworn he saw steam coming out her ears.

Andrew walked out, but before completely leaving he said "I won't make you leave right now, but first thing in the morning, you need to enter the city." He walked to the bon fire. A group of men were sitting around it drinking beer. Andrew turned it into water and walked closer to the flames.

"Hey!" they all shouted in a drunken stupor.

"Sorry, men in my army don't drink." Andrew said before walking closer to the fire. One of them lurched over to him.

"But I like beer…" he said. "And I'm not in no army lead by you." He said and pointed at the fire. He tried to punch the flames, but came back with a burnt hand. "Aw that wasn't nice. You burnt me." The man said and collapsed into a drunken slumber. Andrew just shook his head in disbelief. For one, he couldn't under stand why anyone would like beer. He had tried it once and it tasted awful. Second, he couldn't believe how stupid people acted when they were drunk. Luni crawled up behind Andrew.

<its funny, but sad all at the same time. 'That wasn't nice. You burnt me.'> She imitated the drunken man.

"Agreed. I'm not letting anyone get drunk in my army though. Tomorrow, the king will come to have a war council. You are expected to be there, since you are also one of my commanders." Andrew said.

<I'll be there. But where is it?> Luni asked.

"It will be right by the front gate." Andrew answered and walked toward his tent and Luni toward hers.

As soon as Andrews head hit the pillow, he fell asleep. Fortunately, he had no nightmares, but a real one was slowly unfolding.
------------

CH. 18

The black army slowly approached the mainland. Many transports had plunged to the depths of the ocean when the Dragonite carriers became too tired. In the end, 100 transports were left, yet it was still an army of about 5000. The dark creature leading the transports touched down on the sandy beach. All plant life within a ten foot radius of the creature died. All pokemon within a mile away from the army immediately went into hiding. Lucas touched down right next to the creature on his Salamence. The dragon looked extremely weary and faint. Lucas hopped of its back and patted its neck. He wasn't completely cold of heart; he very much cared for his Salamence. The pokemon lie down and fell into a deep sleep.

"How much longer until we reach the battle field?" Lucas asked the beast as the army slowly got off the transports.

"In one weeks' time, we will reach the capital and the sprawling city within. There we shall find the child and kill him, and his companions." The beast growled. He savored the thought of seeing the light leaving the boys eyes. "For now, we will rest here." It said after shaking itself back to the present.

"Yes, thank you my lord." Lucas said gratefully. He bowed, and turned to give the orders for the army to set up camp. He supervised the construction of a stable for the cavalry and then went to sleep next to his Salamence.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Andrew woke to an eerie silence in the camp. The only sounds were those of clanking metal as the guards walked through the neat rows of tents. He crawled out of his tent, making sure not to wake Umbreon.

"Give it to her." A familiar voice said. Andrew turned to see nothing but air. He knew that voice, he just couldn't place it. Andrew shrugged and walked along, to see if Aalina had gone yet. He discovered her still asleep when he got to the tent she shared with Orin. He walked along the tents some more and heard the sounds of contented men snoring peacefully. When guards passed Andrew they saluted, but the boy quickly waved them off.

He found Adelaide in her forge, working so quietly, that the only sound you could hear was a tiny "ping, ping" as the hammer hit a sheet of metal. She was working on an intricate scythe blade. Andrew watched silently as the Aron slowly morphed the hunk of metal into the slender shape of a crescent moon. When Adelaide finally noticed the boy sitting there, she dropped the hammer, making a loud thud.

<I'm sorry. Did I wake you?> she asked apologetically as she picked up the hammer.

"No." Andrew replied. "I couldn't hear anything actually. I was just wandering through the camp when I saw you working on something."

<oh, alright then.> Adelaide said and began hammering softly again. After about another hour, Andrew got up to see if Aalina had yet woken. She had and her things were in a small sack. She was standing by the front of her tent, softly speaking to Latias. Andrew peered around, Aalina looked slightly embarrassed.

"What are you talking about?" Andrew presented himself.

<oh, nothing.> Latias giggled. Andrew looked at her doubtfully, but changed the subject.

"Aalina, it is time for you to leave." The boy said, Aalina looked distraught, but nodded.

"I know." She sighed. Andrew called a guard over and told him to escort Aalina to the city after her father came to say goodbye. "He isn't coming." Aalina said sadly.

"Wait, your own father isn't coming to say goodbye?!" Andrew said, shocked.

"No, he said he might change his mind about me leaving if he did." Andrew shook his head in disbelief. He could understand the logic behind this, but still couldn't believe it. Aalina was about to walk away, but turned around and Kissed Andrew on the cheek.

"Don't die." She blushed and ran off, the guard doing his best to keep up. Andrew wiped his cheek with his hand and began to walk away saying something about Aalina not staying mad for very long and never understanding women. Latias looked jealously at Aalina as Andrew moved towards the place where he was supposed to meet with the king commanders for a war council. She slowly followed. She stopped by her tent to put on her armor and wake Latios and then both of them joined Andrew by a section of the camp that had another medium sized fire. With in the next hour Jogun arrived, his helmet on, and in the following hour, Luni and Orin arrived, both of them completely clothed in heavy armor.

King Aimone and his generals finally arrived around midday, a small force of 50 men around them. Andrew greeted them all kindly and motioned for them to sit on the logs surrounding the now burnt out fire. The boy drew a quick map of surrounding area on a small piece of parchment and showed it to the men.

"If this is where we are," Andrew drew an 'X' on the map in front of the walls. "And this is where my army and I came from," the boy circled the woods on the far side of the sprawling plain that separated the city and the forest. "Then this is most likely where we are going to be attacked from." He shaded in the entire forest.

"What makes you think this?" one of the generals asked respectfully. They had all heard of Andrews' ability, and didn't want to get on his bad side.

"Well, if our army is right here," Andrew pointed to an area in front of the city walls. "Then they will need someplace to organize their army. Behind and to both sides of the city is forest, and in front of it, is a large plain, perfect for a battle. And if we're here then they have no other place to go then there." The boy finished triumphantly. The general looked embarrassed that he hadn't noticed it before.

"What if they should attack from the air?" another general asked.

"They still have to land somewhere to let the entire army attack. And that will most likely be there." Andrew said and pointed again to the area of land in front of the forest.

"And if they land in the city?"

"We will more than likely see them if they do that. And they still need to get their army organized, and a city filled with buildings and narrow streets isn't exactly a good place to do that. And if we don't see them, then our men manning the trebuchets and ballistae will." Andrew answered.

"Wait, why did you call this council if you already know what you're doing?" king Aimone asked.

"We still have not devised a plan of attack. We need one for every possible way they might attack. And it's not only my army, it's yours too." Andrew pointed out.

For the rest of the day, all of them planned. Latios, Latias and Luni agreeing with the air general on their tactics, Orin with the general of the cavalry, and Andrew, Jogun, and the rest of the generals, along with the king, discussed other plans of attack. Little did Andrew know, a spirit was giving him strategies. It meant no harm and was truly helping in more ways than any of them could possibly know.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Before Andrew fell asleep that night, he heard the voice again.

"The pendant, give it to her…" it said. Andrew sat up and looked around. There was nothing in the tent other than himself and Umbreon. As he lay back down he wondered who was speaking.

"I know that voice." Andrew told himself as he set his head back down on the pillow. He felt something hard beneath his head and sat up again. He reached behind him and grabbed the pendant that Rayquaza had given him so long ago. Andrew then knew the owner of the voice and smiled to himself. It was Rayquaza. The boy held on tightly to the pendant. He was still confused about one thing though: who was he to give it to? Aalina? Latias? Adelaide? Luni? Andrew fell asleep wondering these things, hoping to find an answer in his dreams.

That night, rather than finding the answer, he just had a dream, a real dream. Not a nightmare. It was just a beautifully calm meadow. There was no dark cloud or evil army, just grassland stretching for miles. Andrew was in his human form, lying happily in the grass. Latios, Latias, Luni, Rayquaza and Typhlosion were all there with him. It was one of the things he wanted most in the world: peace.
------
well wasnt that fun? plz leave coments, and be nice. i do read through the coments involving critisism(?), but i dont necessarily change those bits in the specific chapters, Silawen, but i add those tips to future chapters.

zapdos926

Years
sadness at the no coments :'(
------

CH.19

The next day started out as planned, everyone woke up to trumpet, the army ate breakfast and got to their business of training, patrolling and so forth. Andrew was training a few men in some new techniques when one of the youngest soldiers, an 18 year old by the name of Joseph ran up to the middle of the small practice arena that had been set up.

"Sir!" the boy panted when he arrived. Andrew looked at the young man, who was a scout. Joseph looked bedraggled and half dead. Cuts were all across his arms and body, his black scouts cloak was ripped in many places and one of his legs was dragging limply behind him.

"What the hell happened?!" Andrews' normally calm stature was over ridden by surprise.

"The dark army, its coming…" Joseph passed out.

"Get him to a medic, now!" Andrew barked and two men picked the scout up. They moved him towards the medical tent. Andrew held hi s head on one hand. He went to the commanders' tent, which had a desk, a weapon rack, and many strategy planning tools. He cleared a spot on the desk and laid his head down, thinking. He heard the clopping of hooves outside his tent, and Orin poked his head inside.

"What's wrong?" the man asked.

"One of our scouts just reported that he had seen the dark army." Andrew muttered.

"One of our scientists would like to have a word with you." Orin explained his presence.

"Well, that just makes my day." Andrew said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. He followed Orin to the small research tent where Orin trotted off to continue training with the rest of the cavalry.

"You wanted me?" Andrew said as he strode into the structure.

"Yes, we have just come up with a new weapon. We call it a bomb." The scientist explained and pointed to a small black sphere with a string sticking out the top. "It explodes once the string has completely burnt. The force is as great as being tackled by a Kyogre, just with more fire." The scientist continued. "I hope you didn't take offense to that." The man added when he saw Andrews' solemn look when he heard the name of his kind.

"No, no. I'm fine. Have you tested this weapon yet?" Andrew seemed doubtful that anything that was man-made and was as small as his hand could be as strong as he.

"Of course, if I hadn't tested the weapon, then I wouldn't have called for you." The scientist said simply.

"Fine, show me how this works." Andrew ordered and followed the scientist to a large clearing. He recognized one of the nearby tents as Adelaide's forge. Loud banging was coming from within. After the scientist made a few preparations on the new weapon, he pulled out a match walked into the middle of the clearing, which Andrew now noticed was brown and scorched. The scientist lit the match and then lit the string protruding from the bomb.

"Hit the ground!" the scientist yelled and Andrew instantly dropped to his stomach, the scientist dove right next to him and turned around to watch.

"Nothing is happening." Andrew was about to say more, but was instantly cut off by the explosion. It was huge, making a small mushroom cloud, and causing everything left of the clearing to burn instantly. Dust and dirt whipped past Andrew and he had to cover his face to protect himself from the sharp stings that the dirt made as it whipped his face. When it was over, Andrew looked up and rubbed his ringing ears.

"Well, that was successful." Andrew said. "But how will we get it over to the enemy line, wont it just explode over our forces?" Andrew continued and thought of the little pieces if metal raining down on the army.

"Inside of it is an explosive, flammable substance, it only explodes after the flames on the fuse hit it. So the solution is just a longer fuse. We will use the catapults to hurl them over to the enemy." The scientist explained.

"Wont the fuse go out if it's going by the so fast?"

"No, the fuse is made of a certain substance that makes it spark, rather than burn, so it won't go out unless you dump water on it." The man pulled out a short fuse from his pocket and another match, which he used to light the fuse. The man tried to snuff it out with his fingers, but it was still there, he stepped on it, and it was still there. He finally spit on it and it went out. "See?"

"Fine, we will use it, just make sure that the bombs don't explode over our forces, or else bad things will happen. Not to you specifically, but to the world." The scientist gulped at this.

"Don't worry; I wouldn't want, uh, anything bad to happen." The scientist sounded nervous.

"The fate of the world isn't on your shoulders; just make sure there are longer fuses." Andrew saw that the man was still a bit nervous, but much less. Andrew walked back towards the commanders' tent and began to think again. He closed his eyes.
- - - - - - - - - - -
About an hour later, Latios found Andrew, asleep, on the desk. The blue dragon gently shook Andrews shoulder.

"Huh? What?" Andrew looked up drowsily. "Oh, I, uh, was just resting my eyes." Andrew yawned.

<I'm so sure.> Latios laughed, but then grew serious. <Joseph is better, he needs to speak with you.> the blue dragon said. Andrew stood up, and wobbled putting his arms out for balance. Andrew walked to the medical tent, Latios trailing behind him.

When Andrew entered the large tent, he saw five cots, only one of them holding somebody.

"Yes, Joseph?" Andrew said to the young man.

"They are coming, the darkness! It will not stop! William, they killed him. They will kill all of us. Nobody will survive…" the scout said his last words and his heart stopped.

"It thought you said he was better, not about to die." Andrew and told two men to bury the body and looked at Latios.

<Well, he was strong enough to eat and talk, so I assumed he was better…> Latios looked down.

"Well there is nothing we can do about it now. We must worry about the coming battle." Andrew sighed.

zapdos926

Years
*tear*

-------
ch.20

Latias stared over the calm plains. A slight breeze whistled through the grass, slightly ruffling her feathers. The dragon gave a contented sigh.

"The commander would like to speak with you." A voice came from behind her. She turned around to see a knight standing at attention.

"Thank you. Be on your way." Latias thought to the man. He bowed in return and left.
Latias slowly floated to one of the largest tents there was. It was large enough to fit at least two Rayquaza inside, and towered over everything else. This tent of course, wasn't Andrews' or the commanding tent; it was more like a church. An altar was at the very back, it was bright silver, with a picture of Mew etched into it.

<Yes? I heard you wanted to see me.> Latias said. Andrew, who had been kneeling in front of the altar now looked up and walked over to the red dragon. He put something around her neck and she looked down at the object.

<Rayquazas' pendant!> Latias exclaimed.

"Yes, he, his spirit was telling me to do something with it, but i wasn't sure what." Andrew said calmly. Latias gently raised the pendant, and looked at the small gem inside of it.

<It is beautiful.>she said in wonder. She had never been able to look at it closely, much less hold it.

"It is more than just that. It will save your life. It saved both Typhlosion and Rayquaza many times." Andrew said.

<then why did they die? If this pendant was supposed to save them, why are they dead?> Latias asked, mildly annoyed.

"The pendant had helped them cheat Death to many times. Even Rayquaza, the creator of the pendant, had to die eventually, and it wasn't a natural death." Andrew explained in barely audible tone.

<Oh…> Latias said, as equally inaudible as Andrew.

"You can and probably will be hurt, but you cannot die while wearing the pendant, at least not for a few more decades." Latias was about to say something else after hearing this, but Andrew seemingly reading her mind said: "do not worry. It cannot fall off and the chain cannot be cut."

Latias seemed to be having an argument with herself, and gently removed the pendant. She gave the necklace to Andrew, who reluctantly closed his hand around it.

"But, why?!" Andrew questioned.

<if I die, I don't want to because I've already cheated death too often. I want to die honestly.> Latias said at last. Andrew nodded solemnly. Latias left after Andrew didn't say anything. She exited the structure, and took one quick glance back; Andrew was looking at the pendant. She turned back, and looked into the sky when she heard a loud whistling. What she saw made her freeze: hundred of flaming arrows the size of javelins was coming down towards the camp. She saw one of the arrows coming strait for her, but she couldn't move. She was frozen to the spot. The arrow came down hard, piercing her through the back. The last thing she heard was yells of men and the sound of a war trumpet. Everything went black.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Andrew heard a scream of pain from outside of the tent and looked out, to see Latias with a giant arrow protruding from her back. He shot out of the tent to see soldiers running every which way, preparing for battle. Tents were on fire, pokemon were shrieking as their fur burst into flames. Andrew cancelled out all sound as he rushed outside to help Latias. There was one noise though that Andrew kept hearing: an evil cackle that grew louder each second. The boy quickly brought Latias and worked on getting the arrow out of her back. It quickly slid out.

"At least the beast has some form of mercy," Andrew said to himself as he inspected the tip of the arrow. "He chose for a swift kill with a slender arrow rather than a slow one with barbed arrows." He got out a small bottle of potion and quickly slathered it onto the wound. A voice from behind him stopped the boy in his tracks.

<hello again, Andrew. The voice said. It was deep, yet caring. Rough, but kind. Andrew slowly turned around.

"Rayquaza?" he said quietly. A translucent green shape shimmered to existence in front of the Andrew.

The slender dragon took a glance at Latias. <she will not be harmed any more.> he said and glided to the red dragon, where he coiled his long body around her.

"But, can't-" Andrew was cut off.

<Yes, objects can pass through spirits.> Rayquaza said solemnly. "But only if we want them to.> a sly grin spread across the spirits' face.

"May I?" Andrew asked. The green dragon nodded and Andrew walked through his body. He put the pendant around Latias' neck again and backed away. "Thank you." Andrew said to Rayquaza and with a nod from his friend, left to join the army that had gathered in front of the camp.

zapdos926

Years
GAH! i feel bad now fro not putting anything up, because I'm sure there is at least one person who reads this.... and if not I'm sad, but oh well, i dont know. this is definately one of my longer chapters
---------------------------

ch.21

Latias woke to the see nothing around her. <Am I dead?> she asked herself.

<Far from It.> a deep voice answered her. Latias looked around, startled. She looked on in wonder as a pale, translucent green shape appeared around her. She tried to back float up and confront whatever was before her, but a searing pain raced through her body and she passed out again.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Andrew sprinted to the front ranks of the army that gathered, his legs pumping as if they had a mind of their own. He reached the front to find Latios, Luni, King Aimone, and Jogun, all in full battle armor, staring at the dark army that had gathered on the other side of the clearing.

Andrew drew his sword and disappeared in a flash of light, to be replaced by a Rayquaza. The sword, along with Andrews' body, grew and changed shape. What was a five foot long sword was now a 20 foot scimitar. The waves in the hilt and blade of curved sword looked as if they were moving. They seemed to roar across the blade with a vengeance.

The strange fusion of pokemon from Andrews' dream stood at the front of the dark army.
<Why don't you climb back into that cave of yours, that way you wont be mocked for the rest of your life for having lost to me.> Andrew said snidely. Some of the pokemon in Andrews' army chuckled at this but were quickly silenced when the dark being roared.

<you? Defeat me? Not in a thousand years.> the Darkness smiled coolly.

<You're right, not in a thousand years… today.> Andrew retorted. The Darkness gave Andrew such a cruel stare that he flinched, but he held his ground. <Today, you will perish into the abyss, never to return!> Andrew roared. The men of his army cheered at this. Andrew watched patiently as The Darkness scanned his dark army.

<I would have thought that the king of the sea would have gained a larger army than this.> The Darkness muttered.

<I don't take kindly to those who mock me.> Andrew said and gave the creature as cold a stare as it had given him. This didn't make The Darkness flinch, but Andrew could see that he knew to be wary. The Darkness scanned Andrews' army again and grinned as if had just won a prize.

<Where is your red friend?> the creature grinned evilly.

<Leave her out of this!> Andrew said, a cruel glint in his eye.

<oh, but I'm sure that Lucas's Salamence would love to sink its teeth into her skinny little neck again.> at this, Andrew snapped. He rushed the dark creature only to be repelled by a black orb of energy which threw him back so far he crashed into what was left of the burnt out camp. The army gasped as their commander hit the ground with an audible thud. A mushroom cloud of dust rose from where he fell.

When the dust settled, Andrew was seen rising from the ground, dark energy crackling around him. His once green skin, now black, a faint shine to it.

<You will be gone before the end of this day.> Andrew growled. "The day will be ours! We fight for our lives, now!" Andrew roared into the minds of his soldiers. He flew above his army and watched it surge beneath him as if it was a river.

The Darkness did the same and watched giddily as his men began to march. The two armies clashed and the screams of men could be heard for miles. The cavalry unit charged into the middle of the battle, hacking with their swords, and crushing the dark army beneath the hooves of their Rapidash.

"Bombs, launch!> he called to the minds of the men up on the city walls. Loud whistling was heard and black spheres entered the midst of the battle.

<Those little rocks didn't do anything!> The Darkness laughed and was about to say more, but before it could open its mouth, explosions below it drew its attention. It looked down to see more explosions blasting his men into dust. <very clever, but not clever enough.> the being sounded un-happy, but lifted his arms and a black thundercloud formed over his army, more bombs came, but just disappeared into nothingness as it hit the shadow that the cloud made.

<we have been watching our armies fight for some time now. I think it's our turn.> Andrew challenged The Darkness.

<foolish child. You cannot win against me.> the being called and molded the air with its hands. Two large, double-headed battle-axes appeared and The Darkness swung them experimentally. <Prepare to meet death child.> the creature growled.

<You are more of a child than I. you find it fun to torture others.> Andrew retorted and lunged at The Darkness. He missed and in return, the creature swung its axes. Before Andrew could turn around and have any hope of blocking the attack the axe blade hit him in the side, going just deep enough to draw blood, yet it still sent a horrible pain through his body. Andrew lifted his scimitar just in time to block another crushing blow. The force of the blow sent pain down his arms, but he could also see the darkness stiffen as the power reverberated through it. Andrew used this moment wisely, hitting The Darkness over the head with the flat of his sword, and followed up with down stroke that left a large gash spread across the creatures' chest. Silver blood poured out its chest. After the Evil regained its senses, it hacked at Andrew again, leaving another gash across his body.

<you will never win!> Andrew roared and let loose a hyper beam so large, it took out 100's of Dark soldiers and knocked The Evil into the forest behind the dark army. Andrew approached the being. <never.> he said as he brought the scimitar down on its neck.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Latias woke once more to a burning pain. She groaned and lifted her head and opened her eyes. All she saw for a few minutes was red, and she had a massive headache. After she regained her sight and hearing, Latias looked around and thought that the translucent green creature was gone. That was until she saw it shimmer back to existence, still surrounding her.

<Ah, you're awake again.> it said kindly.

<Who are you?> latias asked nervously, but than looked closer, and saw that the shape was one she new very well: Rayquaza. <I thought you were dead!> Latias exclaimed after the form didn't say anything.

<I am. For I am nothing but a spirit.> Rayquaza said solemnly and looked out of where the opening of the tent should have been. Latias looked through the spirits' body and saw that the tent had burned down, and that many others had also. That's when she became aware of the sound of clanging metal and men yelling. <It's happening…> Rayquaza told Latias.

<Wait, what's happening?> Latias sounded confused.

<The war has started.> Rayquaza whispered.

zapdos926

Years
ch.22

Andrew grunted as the blade of his sword hit… the ground? <What the hell?!> Andrew almost shouted.

<you water beings. So easy to read what will happen next.> the evil said and delivered a crushing blow to Andrews back, knocking the black dragon to the ground. Andrew tried to raise himself, only to be knocked to the ground again. He lay still in the rapidly spreading pool of bluish, maroon blood. <don't even think of trying to get up again. As you can see, I have mercy. I will let you live. You will make a nice pet.> The Evil snickered. Andrew regained consciousness just in time to hear the last part of the warning.

<I. Will. Be. No. PET!> Andrew got up and whirled around, striking his opponent with another powerful blow to the chest. Because he was weak from the damage he had taken, the attack was weaker than others, but it still knocked The Evil back a couple of yards.

Andrew turned around for a moment while his opponent was on the ground to look at the battle going on. The dark army seemed to be losing.

<remember this: darkness always prevails over light.> the voice of The Evil came from behind the black dragon, and Andrew turned his head just in time to see the ax blade coming down on his back. Andrew fell to the ground, crushing many men, both his and his enemies'. He lay on his back, not moving except for the short rise and fall of his chest because of his quick breathing. The new pool of blood widened faster than the last, because of the sheer size of the wound that had been delivered. The evil landed next to Andrews' head and the dragon finally noticed how small The Darkness was compared to him. He also realized that no matter your size, death is something anyone can deliver.

<you have cheated Death many times. Maybe Giratina and Darkrai will convince him that it wasn't completely your fault the world was enshrouded in shadows when you meet them.> the being sneered.

<I will not meet death today…> Andrew gasped and closed his eyes for a moment. His breath came in short gasps and he knew that if he didn't change form, and enter a healthy body, he would never live. He also knew he didn't have enough energy change. He gathered up the little strength he had left and slowly, painfully rose from the ground. Cunamio had been knocked from his hand and was a few feet away. He grabbed the blade, which had shrunk back to its long sword form. The blade grew and morphed again as Andrew picked it up. But it changed slowly, as if it had also been wounded and had only enough strength to do this. Andrew hung his head for a moment out of pure weakness, and when he looked up he saw that his foe had been watching the battle and was calling on reinforcements from the shadows. Groups from Andrews' army were outnumbering the dark army 10 to one, but then suddenly, those groups were out numbered, 50 to 10 as enemies were formed out of their own shadows.

Andrew ever so slowly sneaked up behind The Darkness. <you remember this: darkness will never prevail over light!> Andrew roared and using as much power as he could muster, thrust Cunamio through the beings back, piercing it clean through to the chest, and fell to the ground again. The Evil roared in pain and disappeared in an explosion of black dust. It sent a shockwave through the air so powerful that it reached the walls of the city. As the wave of air crashed through the battle, it disintegrated all the dark forces and the men of Andrews' army looked confused for a minute, but then let out an ear splitting victory cheer. One of the men though, Orin as it turned out, was on the outskirts of where the battle had been taking place saw Andrew lying on the ground, unconscious. "MEDICS!" he called out. All of the men around him looked at him, and then what he was looking at. Nearly every one of them gasped and/or dropped their weapons when they saw their commander and friend on the ground, on the verge of death. Orin rushed to Andrew' side, and tried to wake him up. Luni and Latios, who had been in the air, looking for any survivors of the dark army saw what was happening. They too, rushed to Andrews' side just as two field medics came out from the mass of soldiers that had gathered to see what was happening. The victory cheer had long since died and now the dead were being carried away, the wounded treated to, and nearly everyone else gathered around their fallen commander. Absolutely every soldier, medic, archer, and pokemon had forlorn expressions on their faces.

The two field medics quickly examined Andrews' wounds and looked unsure of what to do next.

"Well?" Orin pushed them to answer.

"Well, um, well, he is likely to bleed to death." One of the medics said, forlorn.

"Both he and his wounds are so large, that we can't possibly help. It would take almost a full role of gauze just to cover the wound on his arm." The other said. "Unless he could somehow heal himself, even slightly, we might be able to help." He continued.

All this time, Andrew lay silent on the ground his eyes closed, but he was listening. He knew, that if he could stay alive long enough to get some of his energy back, he could change into another form and let His Rayquaza body heal.

Latios and Luni had been right next to Andrew, and now curled up beside him, in a feeble attempt to keep him alive.

<don't die. Please don't die.> Latios muttered quietly.
<no worries. I'm not going to die today.> Andrew answered, just as quietly. Latios, in shock, looked at Andrew. His eyes were closed, but as Latios watched, they slowly opened, and a sad smile fell across the blue dragons' face.

<Glad to hear that. But you're still gushing blood.> as Latios said this he looked at himself, his glassy feathers were now soaked in blood. It made him feel nauseous, so he looked at Andrew again.

<yes… I just need to… build up enough… I'm feeling dizzy…> and with that, Andrew passed out from blood loss.

"There must be a way to stop him from bleeding!" Latios roared into the heads of the two field medics, who were presently discussing that topic. The two men turned to the blue dragon.

"We don't have enough supplies, or a large enough role of gauze. We're discussing what to do, but currently, all we can do is wait, sir." Just as the field medic finished, a blinding flash covered all the corners of the battle field. Latios, Luni, Orin and the few men that had been in Andrews' army from the beginning knew what was happening, but none of them had seen a flash so bright from when Andrew changed form. Those that knew what was happening turned to where Andrew was as soon as the flash disappeared. The boy that they had known was now standing there, or laying down would be a better term. All of Andrews' wounds were gone, and Cunamio was back in its long sword form.

Andrew shakily got up, but then collapsed. Latios nudged the boys hand around his neck, and Andrew got up again, barely managing to keep steady. He looked around and saw that all motion had ceased and it was so silent that a pin could have been heard even though it would have been dropped on the earth.

"Did we win?" Andrew asked nobody in general, and another long victory cheer rose through the air.

Back