• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [Essentials v17] Following Pokemon v 1.4.1

Years
The script is working with v16.1, but if you start a new game and go to the PC to get the potion it will crash....
The only work around I found is to get the pokemon following first then get the potion from the PC...

Years
You can add checks with

Code:
FileTest.image_exist?("Graphics/Characters/"+$Trainer.party[0].species.to_s)

if you don't want certain things to happen if the walking sprite doesn't exist.
These checks are already done, there is no need to fiddle with that.

The script is working with v16.1, but if you start a new game and go to the PC to get the potion it will crash....
The only work around I found is to get the pokemon following first then get the potion from the PC...
Fixed, update your script please.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
These checks are already done, there is no need to fiddle with that.

Was it updated recently? Without the modifications I made with those checks in place, I was able to rotate through and to talk to the follower even if the graphic isn't there. Which I didn't want to happen.

Last edited:
Years
Was it updated recently? Without the modifications I made with those checks in place, I was able to rotate through and to talk to the follower even if the graphic isn't there. Which I didn't want to happen.

That wasn't what mewlover asked, he asked if not having all the graphics would cause trouble with the scripts. The answer to which is no.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
That wasn't what mewlover asked, he asked if not having all the graphics would cause trouble with the scripts. The answer to which is no.

Oh I know. I'm just giving advice in case they want it to look good with some graphics missing. I modified mine so I can't do stuff like this

W80bWJK.gif

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Hey, I get this error when I'm trying to use the Reveal Glass on any of the Forces of Nature (Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus).
Spoiler:

Years
There seems to be an issue when switching Pokémon while surfing where non-water types can become followers.

No there isn't. You can cycle through the followers, yes, this is intentional, but the Sprite does not show. You may be able to talk to the follower still, I can't remember if I checked that or not. However, if that is your concern, you did not say so. If you're going to report things, please be specific.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Just recreated the problem to confirm if it is still happening, and it is. To be specific, I'm using Kleinstudio's Essentials BW v3.1.1 (which is essentially v15.1), and when I switch Pokémon while surfing, the sprite will appear behind me, even if it is not a water-type Pokémon.

I tested this twice, once with a water-type Pokémon at the front of my party and once with a non water-type Pokémon at the front of my party. When I switched Pokémon while surfing in both scenarios, the switched Pokémon would appear behind my character (regardless of it's type).

I hope this is specific enough, and apologies for being vague earlier.

EDIT: Though when the problem occurs you can't talk to the non-water-type follower.

Years
Just recreated the problem to confirm if it is still happening, and it is. To be specific, I'm using Kleinstudio's Essentials BW v3.1.1 (which is essentially v15.1), and when I switch Pokémon while surfing, the sprite will appear behind me, even if it is not a water-type Pokémon.

I tested this twice, once with a water-type Pokémon at the front of my party and once with a non water-type Pokémon at the front of my party. When I switched Pokémon while surfing in both scenarios, the switched Pokémon would appear behind my character (regardless of it's type).

I hope this is specific enough, and apologies for being vague earlier.

EDIT: Though when the problem occurs you can't talk to the non-water-type follower.
Oh, switching from the party screen. This script provides the functionality to rotate your party while in the OW, I assumed that was what you meant. Its fixed now

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
Years
Thanks for the fix, but I noticed that even if WATERPOKEMONCANSURF is false, switching a water-type Pokémon to the front of your party (while surfing) will still cause it to appear behind you and you can still talk to it.

Apart from that, the fix works perfectly.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2023
Exception: NoMethodError
RPG__Sprite:124:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:435:in `effect?'
RPG__Sprite:434:in `each'
RPG__Sprite:434:in `effect?'
AnimationSprite:31:in `update'
AnimationSprite:88:in `pheno_old_update'
AnimationSprite:87:in `each'
AnimationSprite:87:in `pheno_old_update'
BW_Phenomenos:362:in `water_old_update'
KleinWaterBubbles:169:in `old_update'

how to solve? this happens when i talk to pokemon. Using v15.1(bw essentials 3.1)

Florio

Years
I get this error when I black out and get sent to he Pokemon Center. The pokemon follower sprite doesn't reappear and when you press CTRL it still doesn't reappear but you get forces to talk to your "Follower" when you press Enter and it isn't even there. You get this game crashing error:

Spoiler:

Years
I get this error when I black out and get sent to he Pokemon Center. The pokemon follower sprite doesn't reappear and when you press CTRL it still doesn't reappear but you get forces to talk to your "Follower" when you press Enter and it isn't even there. You get this game crashing error:

Spoiler:

This is fixed now. For some reason the starting over method removes dependencies.

Florio

Years
Crash when using Dig

Got this error when using Dig and game crashed. If it matters, the Pokemon I tried to use it with was fainted (I think).
Spoiler:

Back