• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ouran High School Host Club

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Do you like the series? Do you have a favourite character? Are you jealous of their lifestyles? Favourite episode(s)? Would you join the Host Club? Discuss!

ihJAouo.jpg

The anime has quite a few shojo elements and was probably made largely for women, but I loved it. This is one of the only occasions that I've liked something enough to buy the DvDs of it, so it rated very highly in my books. The characters are well though-out and well built up and the way the group interacts shows how strong their bonds really are, which is really nice to watch since real life doesn't usually yield relationships of that caliber. It was also great to see themes of homosexuality and cross-dressing being used for comedy; not much anime tends to venture into these realms so it made a nice surprise & change.

Pillowing

A dash of luck!
Years
I actually just watched the anime a bit ago! I'm a little frustrated there isn't more? I'm told over and over again though that I just need to sit down and read the manga. I've been slacking a lot in the reading department so I just haven't brought myself around to it. I'd love it if they would just make another season or something of this show though! I want to know what happens! ;;

Favorite characters... Well it's been a while since I did watch it, but I really liked twins? I like the conflict with each other and how hard it was for one of them to share Haruhi. It was during those summer vacation episodes, I just really enjoyed them!

It was a great pick-me-up anime which I really enjoyed about it. If I was having a bad day I knew I could sit down and watch an episode and get a giggle out of it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I actually just watched the anime a bit ago! I'm a little frustrated there isn't more? I'm told over and over again though that I just need to sit down and read the manga. I've been slacking a lot in the reading department so I just haven't brought myself around to it. I'd love it if they would just make another season or something of this show though! I want to know what happens! ;;
I know right, me too! They leave the series just as Haruhi and Tamaki... I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but I think it was a horrid place to end it. It would've been a great cliff hanger-esque ending to the the season if they were planning to make another one after, but if they're leaving it at that... I don't know, it's just pretty disappointing I guess. I'm not big on manga so I don't really intend to read the rest, it's just a shame they didn't continue it to watch. If you do find out what happens make sure to tell me somehow, I'd love to know where they all end up!

It was a great pick-me-up anime which I really enjoyed about it. If I was having a bad day I knew I could sit down and watch an episode and get a giggle out of it.
I think this is the perfect description for Host Club. It's a no-brainer anime that always entertains and can easily brighten up a bad mood just by laughing at how ridiculous Tamaki is! And watching the twins work their magic. ;D

Years
I've seen 1 episode of the anime, I was acually caught off guard by how much I ended up enjoying the episode, but I'm not sure if it's something I'd pick up again for some time, seeing my anime bucket list is huge, and with about half of Bleach and all of Shippuden to catch up on, It might be awhile before I give the series a proper go. I watched it Dubbed, is it better subbed?

Years
I love OHSHC! I have it on DVD, too. :P Gosh, what can I say about the show that isn't good? But yeah, my favorite host is probably either Kyoya or Mori, but I don't hate any of them.

In response to David's post, both the dubbed and the subbed are good in my opinion. They each have very different interpretations of the roles, but there's nothing lacking from the dub (because I know there are some anime fans who detest dubs no matter what). I only watch it in English now, but the first time I saw it I watched the Japanese version.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Honestly this is one of the few cases in which the dub actually managed to be better than the subbed version. I much prefer how they take on each character's personalities (especially Tamaki!) in the dubbed version and I really don't think they lose any quality at all in the transition. It's not often that the dubbed version beats the subbed, but I'd say this anime is definitely worth watching in English :3

jgalvan100

*****monally Challenged
Years
I saw it on Netflix and I ****ing loved it. I loved everything about it. Vic was the perfect Tamaki and thinking about the show while typing is giving me a huge nostalgia boner.

Back