• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EV question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2012
Say I want 250 EV in one stat. If a certain pokemon gives 1 EV does that mean I need to defeat 250 of them?

Sirfetch’d

Yes, but you need to give 252 evs in a stat not 250. There are items and Pokerus that helps shorten the numbers of battles.

Sirfetch’d

why do I need to go to 252? Is it just the way that the numbers add up?

Yes. For every 4 evs it is one point in the stat. 250 does not divide by 4 evenly as 252 divides evenly into 63. That increases the stat by 63 points. You can do any amount of evs as long as it divides by four.

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2012
Thanks so much for the help! None of the websites I went to said anything about the 4:1 ratio

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hope you found everything you're looking for here! There's a guide to EV Training on PC here (although the Pokemon areas are different in B2W2, the mechanics are the same), and if you have any further questions feel free to ask in the quick questions thread in the section for the game you're playing. Or alternatively just shoot me a PM. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back