• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Winner Is...Ghetsis!

Years
So this is a pretty simple question, but I'm hoping you guys come up with some impressive and creative answers! In the storyline of BW, the Hilbert/Hilda had finally reached Team Plasma's castle. They had faced N, beat him and after Ghetsis' confession went on to battle Ghetsis...and lost. The fate of the Unova region which rested on Hilbert/Hilda is now in control of Ghetsis.

So basically, what do you think would happen to the Unova region if Hilbert/Hilda had lost against Ghetsis? How would Team Plasma go about taking over the region? What would N and hilbert/hilda do? And what about the gym leaders/the elite four?

And also, how would this be different if Hilbert/Hilda lost to N, and Ghetsis' real motive wasn't revealed. Would the public be more accepting of Team Plasma's plans? Would Team Plasma be able to take over the Unova more effectively, or more ineffectively? Would N have a change of heart?

Discuss! Please be thorough and inventive! :D

Edit: 600th post, woo!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Well, if Hilbert/Hilda couldn't beat Ghetsis, then I guess Team Plasma would have won. I think that Ghetsis will go round telling everyone that Hilbert/Hilda, the other Hero has been defeated & such......

The Gym Leaders, I guess he'll have the Seven Sages to deal with them. As for backup, he still has the Shadow Triad & possibly N will step in too.

And if N won against Hilbert/Hilda, he wouldn't have a change of heart & he'll continue with his beliefs & he'll still suffer the brainwashing of Ghetsis.

That's all I gotta say.

Nakala Pri

Confusing... I think Ghetsis would try and steal the pokemon even if you did lose. But you have to remember Cynthia and the elite four are powerful. No matter what, Cynthia would align the Sinnoh elite. Ghetsis is ahead of himself. C'mon, EIGHT freak-en powerful guys and gals start battling a pesky old man who romanticizes about Zangoose in a red bikini and high heeled boots!

Years
If Ghetsis won, I guess his plan to take over Unova would have succeeded after all. He would try and steal the Pokemon (like what Rozu said) and like what MidnightShine said he would probably go around telling people he beat "the other hero" (aka Hilbert/Hilda).

If N won against Hilbert/Hilda, he would have had a change of heart and still suffer the brainwashing of Ghestis, like what MidnightShine stated.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
If Ghetsis won against Hilbert and Hilda, I'm taking a guess he would become the ruler of Unova, enforcing all sorts of strange laws and unfair rules. There would probably be angry protests and those who did were jailed or killed :/. Sounds grim, but Ghetsis was an evil man with huge ambitious plans so I'm imagining for disobeying him along with Team Plasma results in some horrible punishments.

The Seven Sages would probably replace the gym leaders, banishing them from Unova forever. For the last gym leader, it'd probably be his son, N or one of his trusted members.

As if N, won however I'm sure it wouldn't change. N wasn't like Ghetsis, he was a rather mysterious man, but how he loves Pokemon, he might feel that Pokemon are happy with trainers and stop his ideas. But yeah he might announce it for a few days, before just returning to normal life. That's what I think at least :D.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
If Ghetsis won then he would probably have power to rule all over Unova saying he beat both heroes.He would then establish a law stating that nobody except him and Team Plasma are allowed to own pokemon.The people at first will try to refuse but eventually will release their pokemon valuing their life more.Of course the Gym leaders become useless without their pokemon.Ghetsis then would start catching all the legendaries he could find,already having stolen Hilbert/Hilda and N's Legendary Dragons making him more powerful.With all of Unova under his power and fear he would start planning to capture other regions...and eventually total world domination.

If N had won he would do things in a much more peaceful way and since Ghetsis was never able to reveal his true intentions, he would go with it.Most people would listen to his words because he was chosen by the Legendary Dragon and the people who didn't obey were dealt with by Team Plasma.Hilbert/Hilda would have been imprisoned by N never seeing the light of day, of course there would be rebel forces still with pokemon trying to rescue Hilbert/Hilda because he/she was also chosen by another Legendary Dragon.But the outcome would pretty much be the same but the liberation of pokemon would only go so far as the Unova region with N still trying to convince other regions to join the cause but they won't listen because he only has one legendary,N not wanting to catch any others because that would be against his beliefs.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Plasma would have taken over the world. Probably brainwash all Pokemon to do there veil bidding. Kill a lot of trainers and the world would be screwed.

Nakala Pri

I agree with you 100% man. But hopefully nothing so grim :c I reckon N has a good heart. Just his father is so damn evil he is following the family genetics xD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Well, that'd be quite a turn-around. I mean, Unova in B2W2 was like that because Hilda/Hilbert won against Ghetsis. If Ghetsis won, Plasma would probably win everything. even though the gym leaders are strong, I believe the seven sages have some punch left in them, even at their old age. Ghetsis would succeed in all his plans. A reformation of the whole region would be possible. A small group of vigilantes (those who are against his ways) would be formed, probably lead by Alder himself. N would not see the error of his ways, and all that jazz. It's like a dictatorship, with Ghetsis in the head.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
I personally believe that Ghetsis would have succeeded in his plan if the protagonist hadn't beaten him there. He was the closest to succeeding in his plan out of all the villains so far.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Well, judging by the events of B2W2...
Spoiler:

I'm certain, judging just by the kind of person Ghetsis is, that he would probably rule Unova, and thus N would be blinded by the throne of "king" that Ghetsis would give him, Ghetsis would also be in control in the background as well. Another possible scenario is that Ghetsis would step his "son" out of control, and thus he would be ruler.

N, however, is a different matter. N would be deadbeat convinced that he was the Hero, and free all the Pokemon. Truthfully, judging how cruel Ghetsis was, Ghetsis would probably cause an "accident" and seize the throne. In the second scenario when I was talking about Ghetsis, N would probably join with Hilda/Hilbert to overthrow him. Or, another possible solution is N noticing the errors of his ways because Hilda's/Hilbert's Pokemon were glad to be battling alongside their trainers, and THEN resulting in the fight with Ghetsis.

I find it funny, though, that I lost to Ghetsis the first time, and instead of going off to rule the world, he stayed in the same place, and I was actually able to come back and try to win again. We all know that this is because they [the developers] wanted the players to be able to have a second chance, but it still seems moderately interesting to me. :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I personally believe that Ghetsis would have succeeded in his plan if the protagonist hadn't beaten him there. He was the closest to succeeding in his plan out of all the villains so far.

Both Aqua/Magma and Galactic were way closer to their goals than Ghetsis was. Ghetsis wanted domination of the world/Unova. All he ended up doing was having N beat Alder and rallying nearly all of the strongest trainers in the region against him which brought about his fall. Really he had a lot more to do since there was still seriously strong opposition left, more opposition than in Gens 3 and 4.

In Gen 3 Aqua/Magma's goals were to awaken the slumbering Legends, which they did accomplish. The second part was to cause natural disasters to increase the sea or land, both of which were also done. Only reason they stopped was because they couldn't control the legend like they thought they could, and gave up before the climax.

In Gen 4, Cyrus had the legends of Space/Time under his complete control and was creating an alternate world in his image. He was stopped just short of attaining his ultimate goal. Like an inch compared to Ghetsis' mile.

If the MC's didn't beat plasma, there was still a lot more work that they had to do. With N being the sole owner of a legendary Dragon he could go about uncontested, but there were still people that didn't agree with the philosophy. Plasma would have to have destroyed the league as a whole and then win the hearts of Unova rather than confuse them. Even after that, once N would have found out the real goal Ghetsis had, I'm sure he would have rebelled against him so he had his own downfall supporting him while his plans were still a secret.

I don't think Ghetsis ever had a chance for complete control, nor a chance to fully win in any way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...y'know, what if GF made an alternate game about this happening? That'd be p awesome and might get people into Unova again if it flowed on from B/W instead of B2W2, and then lead into Hoenn because Ghetsis' control was spreading there and B2W2 was just a ~dream~ OKAY too far, lol, that's off-topic anyway :(

Confusing... I think Ghetsis would try and steal the pokemon even if you did lose. But you have to remember Cynthia and the elite four are powerful. No matter what, Cynthia would align the Sinnoh elite. Ghetsis is ahead of himself. C'mon, EIGHT freak-en powerful guys and gals start battling a pesky old man who romanticizes about Zangoose in a red bikini and high heeled boots!

I don't think Sinnoh would really help, given there's a lot of Plasma members and they were pretty motivated.

If Ghetsis won against Hilbert and Hilda, I'm taking a guess he would become the ruler of Unova, enforcing all sorts of strange laws and unfair rules. There would probably be angry protests and those who did were jailed or killed :/. Sounds grim, but Ghetsis was an evil man with huge ambitious plans so I'm imagining for disobeying him along with Team Plasma results in some horrible punishments.

The Seven Sages would probably replace the gym leaders, banishing them from Unova forever. For the last gym leader, it'd probably be his son, N or one of his trusted members.

Killed probs not but rather just forced to become a part of Team Plasma, enforcing that everyone follows the ~law~.

Nope no leaders, but rather they'd be E7 + N. Ghetsis would already control the world and he'd want to be strongest in the highest place of all.

If anyone of those two won then...
We wouldn't have a B2/W2.

Yes we would, it would just be different from what we have right now.

Yeah it'd probably be even better of a storyline lmao but closer to B/W for the most part. Damn it'd be awesome.

If Ghetsis won then he would probably have power to rule all over Unova saying he beat both heroes.He would then establish a law stating that nobody except him and Team Plasma are allowed to own pokemon.The people at first will try to refuse but eventually will release their pokemon valuing their life more.Of course the Gym leaders become useless without their pokemon.Ghetsis then would start catching all the legendaries he could find,already having stolen Hilbert/Hilda and N's Legendary Dragons making him more powerful.With all of Unova under his power and fear he would start planning to capture other regions...and eventually total world domination.

Nah I don't think he'd let Plasma own Pokemon, but rather only him. He's not really fair and he'd convince Plasma to stay with him if they want Pokemon in the future, helping him increase the amount of recruits he would have.

I find it funny, though, that I lost to Ghetsis the first time, and instead of going off to rule the world, he stayed in the same place, and I was actually able to come back and try to win again. We all know that this is because they [the developers] wanted the players to be able to have a second chance, but it still seems moderately interesting to me. :P

Perhaps he was thinking about what he was going to do having all the power in da world! n_n

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
If Ghetsis won amd ruled over Unova....well it'll be for a short time. There are other regions too, and it can turn to war(which I think sounds awsome). And after Ghetsis loses the war(or surrenders), Unova will be back to normal.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Oh noes, you can't lose to Ghetsis!! If Hilbert/Hilda lost against Ghetsis, then I believe that he would terrorize over the Unova region and wreak havoc on all of the trainers and citizens who have Pokemon. People with Pokemon would have to hide with their Pokemon, but sadly most of the Unova region would lose their Pokemon and Team Plasma would prevail. The Pokemon spunk of the Unova region would spiral down and new trainers wouldn't come to the region because of their fear. The gym leaders would be out of business because they wouldn't have trainers to battle with. The leaders and the elite four would go into hiding from Team Plasma. The Unova reason would suffer economically because most of the businesses deal in some way, shape, or form with Pokemon and they would be out of business. A strong black market would form to sell products and goods to the people that still owned Pokemon. The region would probably also suffer geographically because many places would be overcrowded with Pokemon since most of them would be reverted back to the wild. Also, there would be a sense f gloom in the air which would make the Unova region all sad and depressed. Eventually, if no one stopped Team Plasma most people would move out of the Unova region, but it would do no good because by that point Team Plasma would be big enough to emigrate to other regions and to take those over as well. Other evil companies would hop o nthe band wagon and the evil corporations would have their way with the people in the Pokemon world as well.

Team Plasma would gain their power by after Ghetsis has defeated you, N would cleverly unleash a smoke bomb. Hilbert/Hilda would escape, with all of their Pokemon and you both would hurriedly find a Nurse Joy to heal Pokemon. You would warn people about Team Plasma but no one would believe you. After your defeat, their is no one to stop Ghetsis so he goes and catches Landorus, Thundurus. After that, he catches Terrakion, Virizion and Koballion. He uses these five, along with many other strong Pokemon to defeat powerful trainers and to "liberate" their Pokemon. Eventually, Ghetsis defeats Alder and "liberates" his Pokemon from him. This makes Ghetsis famous and every bad guy or guy that wants power comes knocking on his door to join Team Plasma. Team Plasma gains hegemony and soon the entire Unova region fars them. Team Plasma would then station their mebers in every town of the Unova region. they would search every nook and cranny of the region and would separate Pokemon from all of their trainers. Many trainers would go into heading. The Unova region would be in desolation.

After Hilbert/Hilda and N escape, they are not sure what to do. They train in secret, a place where N only knows, to try and defeat Ghetsis. They hear about Ghetsis' uprising and Team Plasma's new, stronger power. They hear about Alder's loss. One day N dissapears, and Hilbert/Hilda has no idea what to do. Eventually, N comes back with Alder. You start a resistance and Alder becomes the leader. The resistance contains the gym leaders and the elite four. There are also many strong trainers that join the resistance as well. You all meet in private, but some of the gym leaders and trainers wander around the region to see what's going on and to spy on Team Plasma. You eventually build up enough strenth and challenge Team Plasma and Ghetsis again. You defeat Ghetsis and he flees; peace is restored to the nova region! It takes a long time, but things go back to normal and most trainer are reunited with their pokemon. Alder finds his pokemon and you challenge him for champion. You win and are crowned the new champion of Unova region. N scatters off, and becomes a mystery.

If Hilbert/Hilda lost to N, and Ghetsis' real motive wasn't revealed then he would have more success and Team Plasma would be in power for longer and would be even stronger. Eventually though, I believe that a resistance would form and N would turn from hs ways. You would eventually be able to defeat a stronger and more powerful Team Plasma but you would have to have help from gym leaders and elite four members of other regions. More trainers would e in desolation. N would turn from his ways and would live in the mountains far away to contemplate and think of the things that he had done. He would be a sad and gloomy person for the rest of his life; he would be very morose and this would age him. His hair would turn gray quickly. Ghetsis would flee, and try to bring Team Plasma back up. It would be harder to defeat Team Plasma in the future because N wouldn't be as willing to help. Eventually though, N would help and would die helping you defeat Team Plasma in the future.

As for Nurse Joy and Office Jenny. When Unova took over the region they would scatter to other regions where there sisters were. Some would stay and secretly spy on Team Plasma. They would have communicators to spread news throughout the regions. They would form worldwide a resistance to take down Team Plasma as well.

Back