• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Ability (all gens)

Shadeh

KABOOM!
Years
What is your favorite Ability overall and why. Explain yourself.
Mine would have to definitely be intimidate. It is just so useful, especially against physical attackers. Sucks how it is no longer cutting attack in half as of Gen 5 though.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Technician is pretty cool. Main thing I like about Breloom. Skill Link is also neat, making a lot of the repetition moves viable.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
There are so many abilities I can't make a proper decision. Probably Wonder Guard or Moxie. Moxie because it's a great way to continue a sweep, and Wonder Guard because of being immune to all non-supereffective moves is a huge boon. Sadly it's only on one Pokemon though, whereas Moxie have a couple more that can make use of it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Speed Boost is one of my favorites. It increases your Speed by one stage every turn, which is very useful—especially when you're planning to set-up a sweep. I'm also a big fan of Magic Bounce. As long as you have this ability on your Pokémon, all non-damaging moves that your opponent uses on you would immediately be thrown back. Other than these two, I also like Sturdy, as well as Poison Heal. Sturdy prevents you from being knocked down with one hit, and with Poison Heal, you're able to recover a majority of HP while poisoned. (:

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I guess mine would have to be Moxie. It's a pretty useful ability when your going up against the Elite Four. I also like Sand Stream. It helps make the opposite team faint and doesn't affect your pokemon if you have the right ones.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Favorite ability... hmmm... I really like the ability fur coat as of now... its a really good way to survive some of the bulkier heavy hitting physical moves. It also hinders the fighting weakness for Furfrou a lot since a lot of the fighting moves are physical

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Moving this to PVP, as it's a "what do you pick"-thread.

Some abilities I really like are Keen Eye (no Sand attack works on me!) and Static (sudden paralyze on opponent <3).

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Moxie: The perfect ability for mass sweeping the floors of the competition.

Speed Boost: Useful for speed-killing the heck out of your opponent's team. Not letting them strike first is the ultimate key to victory!

Prankster: Ahha, this naughty little ability has been my best friend in the form of Liepard. ;D Thunder wave + Swagger + Foul Play = only 30% chance for the opponent to attack = WIN. (in most cases)

Guts: With this ability, Facade becomes extremely powerful, especially for Normal or part Normal-type users such as Swellow with Toxic Orb.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
My favorite ability would have to be Skill Link. It just feels too good to hit 5 times in a row.

Though what ability that I deemed very useful is Motor Drive. In BW, Motor Drive on Electivire was such a good feeling. I feel like a pro "predicting" their moves and switching into Electivire.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Magic Guard is my favourite ability, it's really useful not taking damage from entry hazards, weather conditions and status ailments!

Years
The most useful ability to me has always been Compound Eyes. It effectively takes moves like Sleep Powder which are normally of 75%, and bumps them up to almost always hitting at 97.5%. If it weren't for that, I don't think my Butterfree would've done as well as it did when I played HeartGold.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Sorta surprised there's no mention of Wonder Guard haha.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Sorta surprised there's no mention of Wonder Guard haha.

I would have, if it weren't exclusive to a Pokemon with one HP. Hypothetically it should make Shedinja invincible, but it doesn't because Shedinja can still take residual damage (poisoning, burn, sandstorm, hail, entry hazard, etc).

Back