• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Most of the Pokémon that evolve by trading have had this altered so that you can evolve them without it, though I think we're supposed to discover how on our own.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
When you surf down to the bottom right cave at Ruins if Alph.
All right, got it. Fixed and uploaded.
this looks intresting can't wait till it's done
All right, but play it now anyways!
Gen III pokemon hack in fine, actually. I have that one green-lizard-reptile pokemon (I'm not too big on the pokemon, I just wanted something unique to use Cut with XD).

Anyways, I played (AGAIN) to the underground place in Mahogany Town where Team Rocket is doing their operations near Lake Rage and I interacted with the statue, but the caption is missing the first "I" in the caption "It's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny." So it reads " t's a Persian statue... Its eyes are oddly shiny."

Also, after beating Pryce (or whatever that Ice gym leader is), there's a bug causing the player to move to the left after the gym victory.

Another bug... I can't get past the guy in Mahogany town. I flew back to Goldenrod to beat team rocket, but... I can't find them. There's an extra guy in the front, of the building, but other than that... I don't know where to go to beat them. :(
Fixed the Persian statue bug. Also, the Pryce event and the TR event are related. Download the new patch and talk to Pryce again; that should fix it. If not... well, I guess I'll have to patch your ROM specially to get you past that event.
Hi! diego... Just wanted to ask...
1.Will trading from crystal dust to FR/LG or R/S/E be possible? If not how will the pokemons like haunter,kadabra,machoke,scyther,etc evolve?
2.Will we be able to complete the johto dex(not national dex)?

yaa... i found the same issue at bottom right cave at Ruins of Alph... First when you enter there, there's a hole on the wall.. when you go inside it, there's four pokeballs that contain energy roots & something like that... again there's a hole on the floor from which we will reach to a place where there's written "We shall erect the statue outside" in unown letters... but when you come again later, there's no hole on the wall... i think this event is not suppose to happen initially...
1. Trading is possible but trade evolutions have been replaced with other types.
2. You will be able to complete the Dexes later in the game. :)
The move Surf is used to open the hole initially. I think the command lingers when you used a pokemon to surf to get there in the first place. That's probably why it opened.
Actually, it's Flash, and it's due to a bug I made when I changed the variables to not interfere with other events.
Most of the Pokémon that evolve by trading have had this altered so that you can evolve them without it, though I think we're supposed to discover how on our own.
Yeah, exactly.

To all: I hope that the Ruins of Alph work exactly like they should for everyone now, because I've got to get back to making the Bug-Catching Contest. ;)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
When does it end? I beat the elite four, and normally when you beat it on crystal you'd get a phone call then get the ss ticket from the prof but when i beat it i didnt get the call or any ticket or anything

Sierraffinity

Years
When does it end? I beat the elite four, and normally when you beat it on crystal you'd get a phone call then get the ss ticket from the prof but when i beat it i didnt get the call or any ticket or anything
That's exactly where it ends. You never get Elm's call, thus you never get on the S.S. Aqua and never go to Kanto.

Well... not never. Just wait for Beta 3. ;)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Are you planning the Kanto to be exactly the same as in GSC ? That would be kinda boring if you ask me although I understand the purpose of this hack is being a well-made remake of Crystal but still...
It doesn't stand as a region in Gen II - you can go anywhere you want, trainers are too weak for the worst pokemon you've got in the party, etc.
What you could at least do is to add extra stuff that they decided to be there but left out. For example Lavender Radio Tower (G/S/C games have own [Map Bank] for it meaning it "doesn't belong to" Lavender Town) and Safari Zone.

Years
hey! diego...
Cant we give kurt multiple apricorns of same colour like in pkmn crystal... cuz sometime 1 apricorn ball per day can be annoying...
But infact Apricorn balls is really an awesome feature... its totally cool which i havent seen from other remakes...

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Random Detail — I think the lower-rightmost Tree of Route 46 (near the small Pool in which Dratini may be found) says "Hey, it's ASPEAR BERRY", and then you get a Leppa Berry.

Edit: Forgot Route Number.

Years
Hey! diego...
i've met the weekly siblings now when i played in VBA 1.8.0 beta 3...
but i cant find hair cut brothers & grandma herb shop in goldenrod city underground... Have you added the hair cut brothers,herb shop & some guy outside game corner(who would teach you a TM for 4000 coins)? bcuz i really wanted to make my goldbat & evee happy soon to evolve them into crobat & umbreon respectively...

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Are you planning the Kanto to be exactly the same as in GSC ? That would be kinda boring if you ask me although I understand the purpose of this hack is being a well-made remake of Crystal but still...
It doesn't stand as a region in Gen II - you can go anywhere you want, trainers are too weak for the worst pokemon you've got in the party, etc.
What you could at least do is to add extra stuff that they decided to be there but left out. For example Lavender Radio Tower (G/S/C games have own [Map Bank] for it meaning it "doesn't belong to" Lavender Town) and Safari Zone.

I don't see the need of expanding Kanto when Sevii is going to be in the game.

Of course, an addition or two wouldn't hurt but I'd prefer those to be new things, rather than merely bringbacks from FRLG.
I agree about making Lavender Radio Tower explorable (Lily and Fern must be put in, they're Mary and Ben's Kanto counterparts).

Anyway, Diego, good job on Kurt's Balls and cheers for Radio App (I've heard you've got some plans on putting it to the hack). I also wonder if converting Roulette to Card Flip is possible. But if it isn't, then Roulette is a good substitute.

Last edited:
Years
diego! found small bug... at the battle tower, after getting frontier pass,if you look at battle frontier map on the pass & press cancel/back, the game gets reset itelf...

Sierraffinity

Years
Kanto will be a bit different, although the Safari Zone probably won't be added in (or maybe as an abandoned facility that is starting to fall apart... ;)).
hey! diego...
Cant we give kurt multiple apricorns of same colour like in pkmn crystal... cuz sometime 1 apricorn ball per day can be annoying...
But infact Apricorn balls is really an awesome feature... its totally cool which i havent seen from other remakes...
Well, the reason I don't have that feature is the same reason why I don't have Mom saving money for you. I don't know how to make a box that will let you choose a number..
Thanks for the feedback!
Random Detail — I think the lower-rightmost Tree of Route 46 (near the small Pool in which Dratini may be found) says "Hey, it's ASPEAR BERRY", and then you get a Leppa Berry.

Edit: Forgot Route Number.
Fixed, but I'm holding off on uploading until the Contest is done.
Hey! diego...
i've met the weekly siblings now when i played in VBA 1.8.0 beta 3...
but i cant find hair cut brothers & grandma herb shop in goldenrod city underground... Have you added the hair cut brothers,herb shop & some guy outside game corner(who would teach you a TM for 4000 coins)? bcuz i really wanted to make my goldbat & evee happy soon to evolve them into crobat & umbreon respectively...
The guy outside of the Game Corner is there, but I don't have the Underground shops yet..
I don't see the need of expanding Kanto when Sevii is going to be in the game.

Of course, an addition or two wouldn't hurt but I'd prefer those to be new things, rather than merely bringbacks from FRLG.
I agree about making Lavender Radio Tower explorable (Lily and Fern must be put in, they're Mary and Ben's Kanto counterparts).

Anyway, Diego, good job on Kurt's Balls and cheers for Radio App (I've heard you've got some plans on putting it to the hack). I also wonder if converting Roulette to Card Flip is possible. But if it isn't, then Roulette is a good substitute.
Thanks for the comments!
I don't think it would be worth it to change Roulette into Card Flip (they're almost the same thing, and it's better than everything being the slots). And like I said above, a few changes will be made to Kanto.
diego! found small bug... at the battle tower, after getting frontier pass,if you look at battle frontier map on the pass & press cancel/back, the game gets reset itelf...
My bad, that will be fixed and uploaded later.

Progress on the Bug-Catching Contest:
I have the script that leads you in and gives you 20 Park Balls, as well as the start menu changing while in it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
hi diego!
i just came here to say your hack is awesome! i like the day&night feature but i don't see any difference between day&night because i can't find gastly, noctowl and any other night pokemon, is it just me or you actually didn't add night pokemon ? if you don't mind adding them would be great

and one more thing, IMHO i think its better to add any pokemon which can only found in G/S to your crystal dust to make completing pokedex more easier ^^

Last edited:
Years
hi! diego, its great to hear about the progress on bug catching contest...
I see that the words are overflowng from the box in the descriptin of some pokemon in pokedex, in status or summary screen of a pokemon owned & even in description of berries... I guess the reason for this is that you are using a FR/LG font,right? Can you some how fix it...

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
fv8nf6.png
zix25z.png
14tone0.png

That's a post from Zodiac The Great. He got the Day N Night to work properly. You should ask him.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
fv8nf6.png
zix25z.png
14tone0.png

That's a post from Zodiac The Great. He got the Day N Night to work properly. You should ask him.

Oh wow, fantastic! That can just show what we can really do with any ROM hack with a Day and Night system, it's great to see how the blue palette for the windows has been changed, this means that we can do anything with changing the palettes during different routines of the Day/Night system. It looks astonishing, though what I'd recommend... is a brand new tileset for the Johto region, but leave the Kanto region tiles exactly the same as they are.

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Bug report:
Eevee Always Evolves into Umbreon through Happiness, tested in all 24 Hours of Day.
Edit: The Eevee Bill gives you has a Burn heal attached to it.
Edit2: When talking to Eusine in the burned Tower after you talked to him for the first time an À and an E with dots above are in front of his name.
Edit3: When the Dogs are still Grey Entei's OW is the same as Suicunes And I think it should Be Raikou Entei Suicune not Entei Raikou Suicune.
Edit4: Some Flag is messed up, when I talk to Eusine after awakening the dogs, I can't fight Morty, because "He's not in the gym", but I can fight Silver again in the burned tower (although his sprite is gone) and encounter the dogs again (although their sprites are gone) so, I'm sitting in a loop with no way out :(
Keep up the good work Diego ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Great hack. Everything is almost perfect in it. Just found a couple visual glitches. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Years
hey! diego... we will not b needing frontier pass in crystal dust,right? since there is only a battle tower,no frontiers like in emerald... i was wondering will it be possible to use the frontier pass to make it store or show the kanto badges instead? Just a thought...

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Oh wow, fantastic! That can just show what we can really do with any ROM hack with a Day and Night system, it's great to see how the blue palette for the windows has been changed, this means that we can do anything with changing the palettes during different routines of the Day/Night system. It looks astonishing, though what I'd recommend... is a brand new tileset for the Johto region, but leave the Kanto region tiles exactly the same as they are.
I definately agree that Johto needs some new tiles. A FR/LG style tree that looks like the one from GSC.

Sierraffinity

Years
hi diego!
i just came here to say your hack is awesome! i like the day&night feature but i don't see any difference between day&night because i can't find gastly, noctowl and any other night pokemon, is it just me or you actually didn't add night pokemon ? if you don't mind adding them would be great

and one more thing, IMHO i think its better to add any pokemon which can only found in G/S to your crystal dust to make completing pokedex more easier ^^
I haven't added different wild Pokémon for night and morning because AdvanceMap throws errors when the hack is applied. I will add them in once AdvanceMap supports the change.
Also, I am planning on making all 386 Pokémon available in some form or another once my game is done.
hi! diego, its great to hear about the progress on bug catching contest...
I see that the words are overflowng from the box in the descriptin of some pokemon in pokedex, in status or summary screen of a pokemon owned & even in description of berries... I guess the reason for this is that you are using a FR/LG font,right? Can you some how fix it...
I'll fix those bugs in the future. They're not that important ATM.
fv8nf6.png
zix25z.png
14tone0.png

I think that the way he did it is a way that can only be done in Ruby due to its no use of one of the palettes it has at its disposal. Zodiac then used that for his light effect. I can't exactly do that, though, since I'm using that slot... I'll see what I can do in the future.
Bug report:
Eevee Always Evolves into Umbreon through Happiness, tested in all 24 Hours of Day.
Edit: The Eevee Bill gives you has a Burn heal attached to it.
Edit2: When talking to Eusine in the burned Tower after you talked to him for the first time an À and an E with dots above are in front of his name.
Edit3: When the Dogs are still Grey Entei's OW is the same as Suicunes And I think it should Be Raikou Entei Suicune not Entei Raikou Suicune.
Edit4: Some Flag is messed up, when I talk to Eusine after awakening the dogs, I can't fight Morty, because "He's not in the gym", but I can fight Silver again in the burned tower (although his sprite is gone) and encounter the dogs again (although their sprites are gone) so, I'm sitting in a loop with no way out :(
Keep up the good work Diego ;)
Bug 1: Probably due to bad coding and no checking to make sure it actually worked. I'll fix that for the Bug-Catching Update.
Bug 2: Fixed.
Bug 3: They look fine to me...
Bug 4: Ack, darn it... My bad. I'll fix that up with the Bug-Catching Update.
Great hack. Everything is almost perfect in it. Just found a couple visual glitches. Keep up the good work!
Fixed, fixed, and fixed. Thanks!
hey! diego... we will not b needing frontier pass in crystal dust,right? since there is only a battle tower,no frontiers like in emerald... i was wondering will it be possible to use the frontier pass to make it store or show the kanto badges instead? Just a thought...
There will be a Frontier in the future, so the pass will be needed. And I already have a system to show the Knto gym badges... ;)
I definately agree that Johto needs some new tiles. A FR/LG style tree that looks like the one from GSC.
I agree too, but so far, nobody's been able to make one for me...

Bug-Catching Contest Progress:
Have only a few things left, including the actual judging and the timer. But the menu and storing of the Pokémon works!

Back