• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2012
Wow, thankyou soo much haha looks like im gonna need a lot of work haha this was just a first shot kinda thing to get the hang of it haha but im gonna improve it! i did actually mean togekiss haha i just mixed up the names haha but once again thanks for the help!!!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
this is about the 3rd time ive actually tried EV training, i messed up on some of my team along the line and there EV's got to spread out, im using HG/SS. so do i now basically just use E.V berries to take away the EV's in the stats i dont want and start over on the stats i want trained?

(i did it correctly with my alakazam and he came out amazingly, he stomps over anyone who hasnt the slightest clue what their getting into when i tell them im a "competitive" player)

And as for a final member to my team im not to sure what i want. so suggestions? i was thinking snorlax

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2012
Pikachu ev training :O?

Basically I got a light ball and a female pikachu and bred it with a male in the same egg group many times till i got a timid nature pikachu with a volt tackle , i then went and started killing starlys then i moved on to the pokemon mansion and killed pichus/pikachus so i get speed stat . These are the current stats.

Pikachu (female) Item= lightball lvl:40
HP:82
Attack:47
Defense:39
Sp.Atk: 53
Sp.Def:48
Speed:115

These are the stats but im not sure if i should continue ev training speed or i should ev train special attack im pretty confused can anybody guide me please? ty in advance

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Should be moved in in-game team help.

Do you have an idea how much EV points you have in your Sp.Attack and Speed stat?
You should have around 252 EV points for both (SpA and Spe) and just leave of the 4 to Def.

Years
choosing between IV spreads

Hi,
I'm currently breeding for a Mix Flygon and I have now hatched these two and am torn between them to choose which one to use.

I have:
Trapinch : Rash / 09/30/30/31/31/24
and
Trapinch : Rash / 24/28/30/31/23/29

I'd like to know which one you would choose and why.
Is more HP valuable on a Mix attacker?
Is it worth the loss of SpD?
Am I overlooking something?

Thanks for your help :)

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
Random battle question:
Hello everyone,
What has three heads and is also a Pokemon? If you guessed Hydreigon, then you are correct!
I have a Hydreigon that I want to use mainly for random battles online, which is 3v3, lvl 50, flat rules. He's maxing EVs in SpA and Spd. Right now, his current move set is,

Draco meteor, surf, dragon pulse, flamethrower.

I'm wondering about what the best move set would be for random battles. I feel like I don't need draco meteor and dragon pulse both, but I don't like the major spa drop from draco meteor. However, I'm not sure how long Hydreigon can last before fainting, and I know 2 draco meteors is better than 2 dragon pulses. Should I only keep one of them?

I'm considering switching a move out with Focus Blast, probably either Surf, Draco Meteor, and Dragon Pulse. Is this a good idea, and if so, which one would be best to switch out?

And finally, should I keep flamethrower, or switch to fire blast? Accuracy vs power in random battle online.

Thanks in advance.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Is baton passing to a choice item ever a good idea? (For example, passing a shell smash boost from gorebyss to a scarfed/banded terrakion. Or should I just use a different, completely physical moveset on terrakion?)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Is baton passing to a choice item ever a good idea? (For example, passing a shell smash boost from gorebyss to a scarfed/banded terrakion. Or should I just use a different, completely physical moveset on terrakion?)

Not really, its easy to wall if you pass to choice users. Pass to a non choice user and it works alot better. Also your receiver should be fast and preferably not weak to common priority which Terrakion is.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Not really, its easy to wall if you pass to choice users. Pass to a non choice user and it works alot better. Also your receiver should be fast and preferably not weak to common priority which Terrakion is.

Would a chandelure do the job?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Would a chandelure do the job?

To an extent, kind of. While it resists Bulllet Punch and is immune to Mach Punch, ExtremeSpeed, Quick Attack and Vacuum Wave, it's weak to Aqua Jet and Shadow Sneak, which are uncommonly used.

That, and if Heatran switches in while Chandelure uses Fire Blast, the former will absorb the hit and gain a free boost to its Fire moves with Flash Fire. If Blissey switches in while Chandelure uses Shadow Ball, then said move would fizzle due to Blissey being immune to Ghost, courtesy of its Normal type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
What would be a good check/counter to Focus Sash Lead Mamoswine that would fit well on a dedicated sun team?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What would be a good check/counter to Focus Sash Lead Mamoswine that would fit well on a dedicated sun team?

Air balloon Heatran would work since it outspeeds when investing in a Timid nature and with the typing, Ice Shard doesn't hurt it, Fire Blast can hurt Mamo and by the time the balloon is broken, Heatran outspeeds anyway with the Timid nature to get the kill with some filler like HP ice or earth power to destroy the 1HP left while Ice Shard can't do anything.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Normal type team! gen IV! ideas?

hey there! just some ideas on what i should be running and what their moveset/natures/items should be!

So far

Porygon-Z
Slaking
Togekiss
Blissy
Snorlax!

any other ideas and what they should be EV trained in? and there moveset/natures/ items should be?

Thanks!

~cyanide

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2015
Would Mammoswine (not holding Focus Sash) survive Earth Power from 252 SAtk Timid Heatran?

Yep:

252SpAtk Flash Fire Heatran (Neutral) Earth Power vs 0HP/0SpDef Thick Fat Mamoswine (Neutral): 40% - 48% (148 - 175 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Without stealth rocks it's not even a 2HKO.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Quick question that I need answered for a team I'm building.

If I have a pokemon with the ability Water Absorb, if he were to use Substitute and then get hit with a water attack, will he absorb the water like normal and his Substitute also takes no damage, or does the Substitute take the damage and fade since it was protecting the pokemon with Water Absorb?

Thanks in advance.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Quick question that I need answered for a team I'm building.

If I have a pokemon with the ability Water Absorb, if he were to use Substitute and then get hit with a water attack, will he absorb the water like normal and his Substitute also takes no damage, or does the Substitute take the damage and fade since it was protecting the pokemon with Water Absorb?

Thanks in advance.

The Pokemon would take no damage from Water attacks if it has Water Absorb and recover HP, regardless of whether or not it has a Sub up.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
help plz! cant decide on my pokemon team!!!

So far I have tyranitar and scizor but I don't know which of the following pokemons I should pick to have an amazing team!! This is a list of what I was thinking but I don't know which ones should I pick:
Blissey
Blasiken
Gyarados
Elective
Mamoswine
Machamp
Tentacruel
Dragonite
Aerodactyl
Gengar
Wobbufet

And if you can also provide me with movesets I will appricoate it very much guys thanks for helping a noob like myself!! Also if you have a better suggestion than the ones I listed above let me know my version is soul silver :)

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2014
Out of these Bagons, which are best to invest into (EV training, sets? They all have Dragon Dance and Dragon Rush). Females have been listed so I can chain-breed with those.

1) Mild - 30/31/31/25/31/27
2) Modest - 15/31/21/27/31/5
3) Adamant - 6/31/31/27/31/15 (female)
4) Naive - 31/31/17/9/14/5
5) Lonely - 29/31/31/30/4/31
6) Mild - 31/31/16/0/1/23

The following are all Naughty:
7) 29/31/16/13/11/5 (female)
8) 29/31/23/26/31/14
9) 29/31/30/14/31/27
10) 18/31/16/31/29/10
11) 13/31/2/4/31/5 (female)
12) 26/31/2/31/2/5 (female)
13) 21/31/16/11/21/31
14) 31/31/16/30/23/22 (female)
15) 13/31/19/31/14/19

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I feel some of my POKeMON's (see Trainer Card below) true battle capacity has been dulled because of the HMs. I only have 1 water POKeMON on my team (POLIWRATH) and he's essentially the water HM *****, which bothers me because I would like to use his FIGHT type in some way with some fight moves... Do you think I should catch another Poliwag and train him to be a battler and less of a story moving element.

POLIWRATH's Moves
Whirlpool
Surf
Waterfall
Hypnosis (the only reason this remains is to make tough catches easier.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back