• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
I've been a recent addition to the RP world, at least as far as PC is concerned. Before, I've done RPs in chatrooms and actually created a pokemon-based D&D game. Hadn't shared it with many people, though... (stuff like that may be why I have few friends, I just realized...lol) If anyone has any tips on how I can improve on my posts, I can take notes and make myself better.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
It all began in late November-January for me. I had made a PC account in February that year (so I could download files off the the Game Development area), but had not really touched the Roleplay Corner. And well, there was a program at my school making class interact with another class for a term while learning about "Life Skills" (i.e. a waste of time for a whole term). And so, I came to know a pre-existing friend of mine much better (the friendship was built on mutual interests such as Pokemon in general, despite my love for it being more diehard). Thus I was introduced to role-playing.

Now back to how I came to the Roleplay Corner. So in December, I visited the Roleplay Corner for this first time after browsing through the various forums. It took me MONTHS to get to know the ropes of the Roleplay Corner (it was my first time role-playing on a forum), only signing up for one RP in the Corner until a certain time where I knew what everything was, and for the first time, I felt apart of the Corner.

That's my story, I guess.

How does CSS work in posts? I'm more accustomed to Notepad format so could someone give me a heads up to how it works on PC?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Look at this post, maybe you'll understand my drabble.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7509388#post7509388

Otherwise, you might wanna look here.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200899

Also, just want to make some casual advertising for the newest RPs, just because why not! Have a look at a piece of the library.

New This Month - the RPs that have been accepted by the mod since roughly one month back.

Last edited:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Well, Rika, you'll have to update again, haha, sorry xD

But, hey, hey, hey, lookie here! The new, better and totally awesome version of RéBURST was accepted by our squishy, fabulous mods :D /ohyesIjustdidsomelameadvertisement

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Warning to all: this is TornZero speaking.

I'm not pulling a reboot or nova or anything; just an account change.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
sup?

With so many people on holiday / away for bits of summer, I feel like we could use another sandbox RP.

about this roleplay:

Welcome to Gilded Hall. This roleplay will allow you to explore life through the eyes of a teenager who is, just slightly, extraordinary. Whether it's super powers, a specific aptitude or skill they excel in, this roleplay will bring them together.

GH is going to be very open. It is based on a roleplay I ran on another website, many years ago. There are some similarities with X-Men, however this roleplay is not based on the series or mechanics in terms of abilities. Creativity will thrive in this roleplay, to ensure this each period in the day will be represented by a long period irl. Typically a single lesson will last a month, and is fully optional.​

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Would anybody be intrested in a really small roleplay, like a four person, maybe up to five? I figured that I should stop joining them like crazy and make one of my own, you know? I have the general idea of what it'll be about, but I don't exactly have a plotline figured out quite yet.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@hereto. RPs don't need 10+ players each xD My Homestuck RP is 4 people and Rika's is 5 (or was it 6?). What sort of RP would this be? Is it based on something? On what? If not, what's the concept of it? :3

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If you're planning on running a small RP of <5 people, take some time to consider what kind of player you'll be accepting. You will certainly want to be more picky when it comes to sign ups, and perhaps look at the member's reputation in this section.

If one person goes inactive in a 10 person RP it's not a big deal, but in a group of 4 that could be a problem.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
If you're planning on running a small RP of <5 people, take some time to consider what kind of player you'll be accepting. You will certainly want to be more picky when it comes to sign ups, and perhaps look at the member's reputation in this section.

If one person goes inactive in a 10 person RP it's not a big deal, but in a group of 4 that could be a problem.
Aw Peter, you make it sound as if newbies have no chance :< Everyone should get a chance as long as they can type coherent sentences imo, haha. I usually don't have more than 5-6 spots open in my RPs. More than that and it gets difficult to keep close track of people. When I was the GM over 4 players, it went really well for a good while. But then two of them disappeared... So yeah, okay. It's much worse for RPs with few players, that is true.

I want to be picky when it comes to people I have RP'd with before and seen abandoning my RPs though...

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Well, I'm going to base it off of this world my best friend (growing up) came up with a few years back. We kinda borrowed random things from various things such as LOTR to Naruto. So basically, we had a world with like every magical race, but I'll probably limit it for SU reasons. I'll probably have the following options: Elves, Wizards, Humans, Dwarves, Eldorian (My own little invention) and Murloc. Everyone can at least dabble in magic, but the wizards are the most adept. Elves are the best warriors, humans are all around, Eldorians I will explain if I get around to actually putting the roleplay together, and the Murloc are good with anything involving water. The world is completely massive, and for the two or three years we've been working on the story, we've expanded to different realms and galaxys, and have even come up with battles involving gods (and defeating them) and demons.

I think I'm gonna go for something like each person rules a seperate kindom, or my character will rule and the other RP'ers will play the position of a high-ranking official in the kingdom. We ended up inventing villain after villain, and it's been a bit like Dragon Ball Z, where we keep getting stronger and stronger, so I don't have a specific story to follow. The technology will be medieval like: Crossbows, bows, swords and axes and the like. There will be dragons, treants, giants, orcs, goblins, and every other thing we could reference or think of. Keep in mind, we borrowed a little bit from absolutely everything we could think of.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Oh gosh, there are so many new and attractive RPs these days. I feel my whole summer will be spent RPing.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Gauging interest for a Yu-Gi-Oh! roleplay.

Expert knowledge of the card game not required, but passing knowledge (do you know how to play the card game?) is necessary. [I understand that this narrows the user pool considerably, which is why I'm gauging interest.] Not looking for a significant number of players.

Homebrew cards will definitely be allowed (pending some analysis / approval). Probably utilizing some period of time after GX canon as the setting for the plot. New mechanics allowed, but there is a list of restricted cards that cannot be used (due to implications of the universe).

This is another attempt at creating and sticking with an RP; this time, the franchise is familiar, so people won't have to read through tens of thousands of informational writing just to understand the setting. (Really, nobody wants to do that anyway.)

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
@ Hereto I love that idea, I already have an idea for a revamp of one of my RP characters from before I didn't come here a whole two years @_@

@Cirrus I like the concept but honestly I never learned how to actually play Yu-Gi-Oh, now if I could veto the whole 'know how to play' thing and just be Twisted Fate I'd do just fine XD Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Aw Peter, you make it sound as if newbies have no chance :< Everyone should get a chance as long as they can type coherent sentences imo, haha. I usually don't have more than 5-6 spots open in my RPs. More than that and it gets difficult to keep close track of people. When I was the GM over 4 players, it went really well for a good while. But then two of them disappeared... So yeah, okay. It's much worse for RPs with few players, that is true.

I want to be picky when it comes to people I have RP'd with before and seen abandoning my RPs though...

yeah that sucked. hopefully your replacements thing will work

/isstillbitter

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
Today I learned that PokéCommunity's RPC is only for the world's most elite and intense roleplayers.

Every other site I've been to (and that's plenty) has no regulation process; no quality check to make sure that an RP has everything it needs to hit the ground running and ensure a healthy game. Any suggestions for such a process have been firmly responded to with the idea that it panders to elitism and stifles creativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back