• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Game Design Contest

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
^ Ikr? I think this is the last event that I've entered that I don't know about DX Then again, didn't enter very many.... XD

Catman

Testosterone Incarnate
Years
Ugh, I just wanna stick it in Varion's face already! He wouldn't have entered if I hadn't bragged about the competition to him...

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Okay its been a week from today since this ended. Come on and give us some answers please.

Well, if you factor in that the judge(s) have a life outside the computer and that they are probably going over each entry carefully, I wouldn't mind them taking this long to give everyone an honest answer of who the winners are.

Patience is key. And you should know, since you're a ninja.

Years
Please be patient, guys. We're waiting on our third judge for a decision, and if one isn't made within the next couple of hours from that third judge, we'll have our winners possibly tomorrow. We promise, winners will be chosen soon.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The Winners

Pokémon Game Design Contest Winner
gdemblem3_zps5c31e813.png

PokéKart: ExtremeSpeed by Fenneking

Pokémon Game Design Contest Runner-Up
gdemblem2_zps62b9169c.png

Pokémon Neo by molivious
Pokémon Roaring Heart by Barrage
Pokémon Rumble Dungeon by Sunfished

Pokémon Game Design Contest Participant
gdemblem1_zps3c7e2b09.png

Everyone else!

Years
Thank you so much.

I got around to reading the entries, and there were several that sounded like a blast to play. Well done everyone who participated as well as the event coordinators.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Haha grats again Fenneking! (I think I still have one contest I'd have to congratulate you in)

and congrats to the runner ups as well. Couldn't agree more with the judges.

Thank you EOs for this event. It was a blast. For the other participants/entries, nice ideas. Would actually love to enter a thread to talk more about our entries/ideas.

On a side note, I especially liked Scarf's board game entry. That's a winner for me as well. Cheers!

Catman

Testosterone Incarnate
Years
As a massive racing gamer I can't really say that Pokekart was well presented but then again this competition wasn't specifically for racing game ideas.

One thing I can say though is that Deoxys Speed type would be pretty damn hard to control, but if you can hold on you'd win everything right?

Years
Haha grats again Fenneking! (I think I still have one contest I'd have to congratulate you in)

and congrats to the runner ups as well. Couldn't agree more with the judges.

Thank you EOs for this event. It was a blast. For the other participants/entries, nice ideas. Would actually love to enter a thread to talk more about our entries/ideas.

On a side note, I especially liked Scarf's board game entry. That's a winner for me as well. Cheers!

I agree with scarf's board game!

Also, I would kill to have a pokemon coordinator main objective and completely revamp the contests to more accurately align with the anime. Congrats on the emblem :)

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Haha, this was indeed a fun read for me as well.
Looking at everyone's ideas were pretty fun to do, and a lot of them seem like a plausible idea for a real game :P

Anyway, congrats to the other winners as well!
T'was a fun competition!

Back