• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

:) >_> D: ^__^ \o

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This is a thread about emoticons, or smilies.

It's a way to express how we're feeling through text messages, chat, and email. We have text emoticons, and we also have these emoticons PC had provided us.
13.%20love.gif

Do you use emoticons to express your feelings through messages? How often do you use them? Do you prefer text emoticons, or animated/picture emoticons? What is your favorite emoticon/smiley, if you have one?

Last edited:
Years
Oh man, you're just asking for the residents of (This thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305016) to come in and talk about how much they hate Emotes.

I use them a LOT when I feel like typing without using punctuation, but otherwise, it depends. I usually just hotlink pictures and reactionary gifs if possible, if anything, but I can't help the ocassional "xD" and "<3" time and time again.

droomph

weeb
Years
To me, they're a form of punctuation.

. - period. statements.
! - excitement!
? - huh?
:P - just joking :P
:p - being playful :p
:\ or :/ - I don't know about this :\
:] - awkward happiness :]
:[ - oh :[

and so on.

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
Years
I use emotes all the time.

Unless I'm being completely serious. -w-

Normally.. umm, if I can think of all my common ones.

:>
>w> or >u>
>o>
:3
owo
>__>
o u o
-w-
=3=
=w=
.w.
*___*
oAo

...yeeep.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I randomly use emoticons in my post. :3 I don't know why, I just think they're fun so I use them usually at least once per post. <.< Sometimes more.

Years
ಠ_ಠ
>_>
<_<
o_O
O_o
:P
:)
:(
:D
:|
:\
:/
:s
^_^

Yeah those are amongst many of the emoticons I use, and I use emoticons in most of the posts I make here on PC as well

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I use emoticons here and there; they're fun little things. I try not to use them, mainly because I want to challenge myself in developing my ability to communicate tone and feelings through just words (which is pretty hard to do on the internet!!)

Years
I love emotes. I use them all the time since they're adorable and pretty fun at conveying my emotions. My most used ones are: n~n, :D, :), :3, >_>, and <3. Not a wide variety but yeah. o/

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I use quite a few emoticons on the internet, but some can be used a lot. Here's ones that I do use:
>_>
^_^
V_V
:(
XD
:|
:S

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I only use emotes here, on PC. My texts, emails, etc. are all emote-free.
:D D:
:P :p
-__-
:) :(
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Use them all the time, but only in casual situations.

8D
;D
^^
xD
>_>

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I don't use many of them and even if I use them it's not too often; my favourites would be:

^^ (which gets translated on PC into ^^ for whatever stupid reason)
:D (which for whatever reason doesn't get translated into anything on PC)
xD

Years
I use emoticons very sparingly on normal posts, maybe even when talking with friends, though with more intimate ones I tend to cave in. When I do use emoticons it's usually lesser known ones like: OTL

Sirfetch’d

I tend to use emoticons all of the time. You will rarely see me VM or IM someone without an emoticon because I feel they make your post seem more friendly.

Common ones I use are :] :[ ;] ;) :( :'( :p :D D: .-. ;-; >_< and many more XD

SinfulGuroRose

Ignore me, I'm socially inept.
Years
Though I try really hard to limit my emoticon use, as I know there are people who tend to think you're a weabo if you do that, but I find it difficult. U wU I often put emoticons at the end of my sentences to convey a better feel of how I'd be talking if this wasn't the internet. P:

Except I actually really dislike image emoticons, so I tend to actually go out of my way to avoid them. > u> Such as using P: as opposed to :P

I also really like kaomoji. O uO They're just so cute. My favorite one is (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Nakala Pri

Well, I tend to over-use this: :D, really, it annoys me more then you could know. xD

I always use smilies, without them, PC would just be another one of the forums which are harsh and uncaring. :P This may not count, but if I REALLY like the person, I use the standard love heart: <3

Yup, Ima weirdo. :U

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I'm pretty fond of emoticons. I guess I just feel like they add a bit of "friendliness" to your post. My more common ones are:

:D (Extreme Happiness)
:) Regular Happiness)
:3 (In between :) and :D)
:p (Jokes)
=/ (Sorry)
O.o (What...?)
>.> (Really? Seriously?)
XD (LOLOL)

Back