• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
Okay, so I'm kind of stuck.

Spoiler:

As for bugs:
Sometimes i fight ? pokemons (Mainly in caves).
I've Crashed twice today while flying (in the route after NWB) to Vermilian.
Claire's (dragon gym) is a black square...

For now, that might be it.
One last question, does Flamethrower has a TM?

Gamerboy7991

LaZ I think this game needs more custom-made stuff in the beginning of the game (Up to Olvine City).

I haven't got far so I don't know how much more custom stuff are later on.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I'm sorry, if the following question has already been answered a thousand times, but is it possible to catch DEOXYS and MEWTWO in this hack?
If yes, where can I catch them?

I stated in an earlier post, nope you cannot. i think i might of even put it in the first post...

Ok, now I am tired ....... WTF ?
dragonite CANT learn earthquake ?

Fixed in latest live beta.

The special attack thing needs to be fixed because its making half my pokes useless.

LOL my espeon and haunter are dominating hardcore.

Yes it should have been fixed now for attack power in the latest live beta.

Weepinbell can learn Dragon Claw, was that always the case?

Awesome!!! It was probably not meant to be like that though :O

I don't mean to rain on your parade, LaZ, but wouldn't it be best to just put the moves back to the way they were? (Hey, it worked for the original Crystal, didn't it?)

The Physical/Special split is a neat idea, but even if it worked, it would still make things unbalanced since it took the addition of a lot of moves in the 4th gen to make up for the switch.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the split in a third gen game. But, in order to make it work, you'd probably have to add a lot of 4th gen moves and restructure many pokes' movesets to match them. That's a LOT of time and effort...

Regardless, I was wondering if you could make a patch for those who don't want a split at all? I would really like to be able to use my Golem and having Ice Punch for a Slowking would be really nice...

It is indeed unbalanced and I'm honestly considering removing it... I just wanted it to be something unique in a remake..

When we download the Live Beta one, does it automatically update or do we have to keep on downloading it over and over again? I'm kinda confused :S

Jambo answered and he was correct.

How come when i enter the PokeMarts, all I can buy is HM02.

Very odd. What emulator? Used cheats?

Look it up on Youtube. I done that wall thing before but I forgot how. It just leads to to a cave with unknown in it.

That would be the case in crystal, but Lc doesn't have those events... Yet..

the game keeps freezing when a pokemon evolves so i have to restart the game. how can i fix this?

This was a bug that happened in 2009, are you sure it happens on this version? Which emulator?

Does the PokeGear work because I want to re-battle these trainers but it keeps on saying that there are no trainers within range even when I'm really close to them.

Some work some don't. I'm unsure of which do.

You guys should fix how the Eevee looks because it's right eye looks like it's deformed :P

thats because it IS deformed... Nah I kid lol we will look into it.

Where do you get EXP Share since the Pikachu from Lake of Rage gone?

Pikachu? From 2.1? xD

I don't know if there is Day or Night, but I think you need to have maximum happiness and need to level it up at either day or night.

Day and night evolutions work.

I'm kind of confused about the Special Attack thing. Can someone explain to me what's going on with the Special Attack conversations? Is it that every attack is Special? If that's true, Totodile is useless.

I went through the game using a feraligator and well, Lets just say I didn't even notice the bug. Otherwise it would of been fixed sooner.

Oh crap, I've only been using save states up to this point. Is my game already wrecked? Nothing has crapped out on me yet, I'm only at sprout tower tho.

Well save states COULD mess something up. I used them before with no problems, yet.

How do you get HM Strength and my Plainbadge won't show up.

The badges order has moved due to the GSC tm order.

First off, I'd like to say I love this hack, but there are a couple of bugs I found, one of them I am not sure if it is a bug or not. Almost every trainer I fought has used either a potion, super potion, or hyper potion. Was this intentional? Also, the Lance event in the store in Mahogany Town occurred the first time I walked into the store, I haven't even gone to get the Red Gyrados yet.

The potions is intentional and also, that lace bug is an annoying one from 2.1...

awww what the hell link!? XD u put a damage cap?
my scythers fury cutter wasnt one hitting even after 10 uses only was doing bout half of prices dewgongs health bar

Hmm.. Might be another bug from the special split..

Seems to me as such as well, I got there 2 days ago.
I ran around using walk through walls on a copied .sav file and I went through the 'surf gate' and it dead ended in half a map

I haven't made any extra events yet. In time that will change with the live beta though :)

Hey LaZ!
I would suggest that you put in the first post
that people better use your version of the emulator and also not to use cheats or save states. Don't use advance map to move a rock when
you can pass it that will damage the whole game script engine and cause major unknown bugs.
All the bugs reported here are due to using cheats and not using LaZ emu.
And I think save states damage the game somehow not sure about that :P

Anyway thanks to everyone who helped in creating this amazing game.
I have been playing till now and no bugs found. Good Luck! :)

Thanks, but I did put it in the first post on the day of the release..

3 questions:
  1. How can i catch / where is Kyogre?
  2. How to go in to Orange Island? Oak already stamped my ticket.
  3. How can i revive Helix and Dome fossil?

The fossils can't be revived just yet, only in a later island in the orange islands.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to do at Outskirt island/if anything happens there at all? Thankyou :)

P.S Why is it Team Saturn? Static was so much better (in my opinion)

Didn't want there to be an elemental team name while not interested in that element (electric) even though they use mostly electrics. Plus Saturn was a cool name.

Where do you catch Swablu?

Heres a clue: some point early on.

When I patched it, there's no sound coming out. Can you help me?

Using my emulator?

Hey, LaZ/Zeiku - I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but here's a game breaking glitch someone found after facing a team Saturn grunt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5g47FRyJCs

Thats an older beta, the unreleased 3.0 or 3.1 it looks like. Might even be 2.1 but not sure. He needs to be informed perhaps of the new release.

I Cant Download From The Site What Should I Do

I Can't Download From The Site What Should I Do

Whats the problem exactly? Try again?

Okay, so I'm kind of stuck.

Spoiler:

As for bugs:
Sometimes i fight ? pokemons (Mainly in caves).
I've Crashed twice today while flying (in the route after NWB) to Vermilian.
Claire's (dragon gym) is a black square...

For now, that might be it.
One last question, does Flamethrower has a TM?

Thanks for the bugs, and well you should be able to go straight to the kanto office after that... Please log the bugs in my database.

Thanks guys for all the support, downloads and comments but i have a few words to say.

Lots of bugs are legit and others are new and totally unseen before, so.. I'll ask a few questions.

Are you using my emulator?
If the answer is no, then please kindly read the first post and download my emulator pack. I might have to delete the first post if people don't read it.

Have you used cheats?
If the answer to this is yes, then this is most likely the cause. A lot of changes to the engine are present and cheats do NOT work. Some might but thats left up to your discretion.

Do you have a bug to report?
This is what it says in my signature, do you have a bug or feature request to post? The please post it to my database.. The link is right in my signature where it says "report it now". Please report them there as its much more helpful. I don't mind some people posting here the bugs as I'm bet people rant used to posting in the database, but not everyone. Thanks to those that did post some new bugs. If theres any problems with the database then tell me in a PM i will fix them.

So heres an update:

Part of the special split is fixed, which is the attacks are now physical and special as they should be. Although it appears as all attacks are still "seen" as special causing moves such as Light Screen to not work as expected. It's a minor bug but shouldn't affect the gameplay as much as the old bugs.

As for the Elite four, i haven't managed to fix it yet. I'm going away for 4 days tomorrow so I can fix that and all other bugs when I return. This will then lead to an updated 3.1 rom, and also updated live beta.

Link

P.S Link to the report database is always in my signature ;)

Gamerboy7991

Sorry for asking this but when is the next Beta coming out? I don't think in a while since there is a live version of Beta 3.1.

In my opinion, I really don't like the idea of the live version. What I think you should do is to write a list of every bug/glitch people have pointed out and work on that. It's just my opinion though. You're still doing a good job :)

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
I need some help with Leaf Bay City and i have done all you need to do including going to the hideout and now i don't know what to do to get through the surf route, someone help me please:(

Gamerboy7991

Also LaZ, can you check out the recent bug threads that I have posted in the website that you told us to report bugs in? I posted at least 5-6 threads.

blue

gucci
Years
Sorry for asking this but when is the next Beta coming out? I don't think in a while since there is a live version of Beta 3.1.

In my opinion, I really don't like the idea of the live version. What I think you should do is to write a list of every bug/glitch people have pointed out and work on that. It's just my opinion though. You're still doing a good job :)

I'll answer for LAZ.. It's not going to be a beta but the next release is aimed for Summer 2012.

Gamerboy7991

LaZ can you make it so that the character's mom can save up money like she did in the original Crystal? And if you do that, make sure that she buys gifts with the money that she saved up like she did in Crystal.

Years
Awesome job, this is superb. :)

Just wondering, what are the features/codes that VBA supports but other emulators (like GameBoid) doesn't support?

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
so in live beta this physical / special split is fixed ?

ice , fire , thudner punch , waterfall etc are physical now ?
and what about earthquake ? last time my 70 lvl golem hit ampharos 65 lvl and took only 1/3 hp , itd should take 2/3 or kill xD

linkandzelda

Years

Well, why don't you want those bugs fixed quicker? If there was no live beta you would have to wait a year for them to be fixed.

I need some help with Leaf Bay City and i have done all you need to do including going to the hideout and now i don't know what to do to get through the surf route, someone help me please:(

End of the beta xD

Also LaZ, can you check out the recent bug threads that I have posted in the website that you told us to report bugs in? I posted at least 5-6 threads.

I'll check them soon ;)

LaZ can you make it so that the character's mom can save up money like she did in the original Crystal? And if you do that, make sure that she buys gifts with the money that she saved up like she did in Crystal.

I'll give it some thought for nearer the end.

Awesome job, this is superb. :)

Just wondering, what are the features/codes that VBA supports but other emulators (like GameBoid) doesn't support?

Gameboid sort of works well I tested it briefly so give it a go.

so in live beta this physical / special split is fixed ?

ice , fire , thudner punch , waterfall etc are physical now ?
and what about earthquake ? last time my 70 lvl golem hit ampharos 65 lvl and took only 1/3 hp , itd should take 2/3 or kill xD

Should be, give it a try :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2011
I can't seem to go to the Orange Islands either. I have the sea pass. I selected "no" when first prompted to go because I wasn't ready yet. I can only go to Olivine now on the SS Aqua.

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
I can't seem to go to the Orange Islands either. I have the sea pass. I selected "no" when first prompted to go because I wasn't ready yet. I can only go to Olivine now on the SS Aqua.

surf right from the New Bark Town and u will see pass down betwen trees , surf down and u will arrive on route 100 , near is building with this ship

LOL if it works shadow ball is special attack ? imba gengar xD
so i understand those list from Black and white http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/physical.shtml is in the LQ ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
Can somebody upload the latest beta patch to mediafire because I cant download from the normal site.
Thnks

Nevermind I can download the file after i logged out witch is retarded

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
The new beta doesnt fix the special.
I have my scizor with 89 attack at lvl 29 and using headbutt on a lvl 22 skiploom doesnt even do half damage.
also my brodom has 50 something attack and my espeon still does mmore damage with qiuck attack

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
Oh well if that's the end of the beta then that took me 2 days :). Well done with the hack, hopefully it continues to grow because it has gotten me very interested with the whole storyline and stuff :)

linkandzelda

Years
Interesting.. I have a feraligator with 200 attack and 148 special attack. Waterfall does more damage than Surf now, which is what should happen. Seems to be working here, no?

EDIT: Tested it loads last night and Waterfall was doing more damage. Now surf does more after I wake up. What.. lol

Back