• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
Nice Digimon hack out there! i will be waiting for this!
and maybe i can help in scripting mapping and spriting:)

Right now I'm still deciding a lot of things, so any help would be good. If you could make an overworld Devimon sprite I would be very happy, as It's a necessity for the storyline.

Update: I finished Biyomon's digivolution, save for her fresh and in training. I'm still in limbo about that. She can digivolve all the way to Phoenixmon. I thought I'd already done Birdramon and Garudamon, but apparently I didn't, so I ended up doing all three this morning. It was surprisingly quick. I'll post a screen in a bit.

Edit: Added the screenshot for Phoenixmon

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I love digimon so I will follow this hack, if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me. I can map and give ideas :)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
This actually sounds interesting. I've also just realized that "Digimon" and "Pokemon" have the same letters. It's like they are twins.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2014
I like the idea of this Hack but I won't play it until you start focusing on Mapping, although I did like the new sprites :)

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
I have a question about how you inserted your backsprites into the game. What tool did you use. I have a tool that I used to edit the backsprites, but it made it glitchy.

Sorry for not asking this in my first reply, but I also have a question on how you changed the names of the moves that the pokemon have. Like pepperbreath for instance, how did you change that from lets say ember?

Last edited by a moderator:

Epitaph93

Years
Sorry i haven't posted in a while. Skyrim and Dark Souls are taking over my life. To address a few things:

Nice Digimon hack out there! i will be waiting for this!
and maybe i can help in scripting mapping and spriting:)

I love digimon so I will follow this hack, if you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask me. I can map and give ideas :)

If either of you could make a Devimon sprite, I would really appreciate it. I have the scripts ready for him, I just need the sprite. Also read the last bit of this post.

I have a question about how you inserted your backsprites into the game. What tool did you use. I have a tool that I used to edit the backsprites, but it made it glitchy.

Sorry for not asking this in my first reply, but I also have a question on how you changed the names of the moves that the pokemon have. Like pepperbreath for instance, how did you change that from lets say ember?

For the backsprites, I inserted them using Advanced Sprite Editor. When you say they came out "glitchy", do you mean the colors for the backsprite were different than the front? If so you need to make the palettes match up. I suggest Graphics Gale to edit sprites and change palettes.

For the moves, I'm using A-Tack. Double click a move to change the name. You can also do this with hex editing, A-Tack is just more convenient. Also keep in mind that the length of the attack's name can only be 16 characters long, which is a bit of a bummer for the digimon hack since most attacks are longer than that.

I need everyone's help here. I need suggestions for attacks. Keep in mind that they will be using the same animations as whatever attack they may replace, but I can change power, attack, type, effect, etc. easily. I just need to know the information. I'll put all suggestions in a list with their stats and indicate what move they're replacing once the list is big enough.

I thought I might be able to release the digivolution beta before christmas, but I couldn't. There are too many things missing, so you'll have to wait a bit longer. I realized that the stats of each digimon don't correspond as they should, so I have to change them all after I add the rest of the sprites. Then I have to change the moves. Then I have to change the digivice order. When that's all said and done I'll release the digivolution beta and start on the story. There's a lot left to do with only 82/356 sprites inserted, some of which aren't completely finished.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Yeah about the moves and how to make them look different. Why dont you make a copy of your game and then try using unlz to insert a different picture for the moves.

Epitaph93

Years
Yeah about the moves and how to make them look different. Why dont you make a copy of your game and then try using unlz to insert a different picture for the moves.

I know that's how it's done, but that's just so much more work lol. I probably will change the animations, but not any time soon. For now I need the data that actually matters in game.

Update: Half finished with over 20 more sprites since yesterday. Most only need to have their color depth decreased, others need actual edits, but as a whole they're very close to being finished. So close to 100 :)

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
I have some old digimon cards (trading card game) that have the digimon from the first generation. If you wanted me to I could look to see if the old cards have any moves on them.

EmilieAutumn

Gothic, Music, Romantic & more
Years
I think you could put all the Digimon, of the first season (the digichosen of course ). You know, Tailmon, Palmon, Gomamon, Tentomon, Gabumon, Pyokomon, Patamon, and their digievolutions (including even the extreme phase).

I think you could also put these digimons here:
Gaomon , Lalamon , Lunamon (and their digievolutions)...
Lilithmon , Apollomon , Azulongmon , Kazemon , Zephyrmon , LadyDevimon , Cherubimon , Lucemon...

And a lot of other Digimons that you may know.
I have a very very good friend which is spriter, I will talk to him to see if he can help with the game.
^_^
Kisses!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
This looks fantastic! I can't wait for the release :D

Are you planning to make all the starters obtainable on some way? I like them all >.<

Epitaph93

Years
I have some old digimon cards (trading card game) that have the digimon from the first generation. If you wanted me to I could look to see if the old cards have any moves on them.

That would be helpful. Thanks.

I think you could put all the Digimon, of the first season (the digichosen of course ). You know, Tailmon, Palmon, Gomamon, Tentomon, Gabumon, Pyokomon, Patamon, and their digievolutions (including even the extreme phase).

I think you could also put these digimons here:
Gaomon , Lalamon , Lunamon (and their digievolutions)...
Lilithmon , Apollomon , Azulongmon , Kazemon , Zephyrmon , LadyDevimon , Cherubimon , Lucemon...

And a lot of other Digimons that you may know.
I have a very very good friend which is spriter, I will talk to him to see if he can help with the game.
^_^
Kisses!!!

All the digichosen are already in the game and most of the others you listed are either in the hack already, or will be. If he could make a Devimon OW sprite, That would help me tremendously. Or a Matt and Sora OW.

This looks fantastic! I can't wait for the release :D

Are you planning to make all the starters obtainable on some way? I like them all >.<

Yes all Digimon will be obtainable at some point and in multiple ways. For example Tanemon and Minomon both digivolve from Budmon(the starter). So if you pick either of the other starters you could eventually catch Minomon, breed it, then the egg will hatch into Budmon and you can potentially digivolve it to Tanemon, Palmon, Togemon, etc.

Epitaph93

Years
I've made 23 more sprites, including the replacement for Mew: MarineAngemon, a possible replacement for one of the fossils(Dome/Helix):Anomalocarimon, the Mega form of Palmon(although it needs work because it's very "grainy"), and I've begun adding the digivolution route for Diaboromon(Kuramon, Tsumemon, Keramon, etc.) which I plan to use in the story line with Devimon. I'll be updating the OP soon with a summary of what I'll be doing with the Devimon story line and I'll also be adding a list of Digimon that I WON'T be adding to the game, all of which I very much regret having to cut. I'm now past the 100 mark, and getting close to 150. Once I've gone over 150, I'll put a hold on adding sprites and devote all time to stats and moves so that I can release the Digivolution Beta for the public.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
sweet man. cant wait. if u need any banners, sigs or support banners let me know & il make some for you *all amazing hacks need a banner of some kind*

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
I've made 23 more sprites, including the replacement for Mew: MarineAngemon, a possible replacement for one of the fossils(Dome/Helix):Anomalocarimon, the Mega form of Palmon(although it needs work because it's very "grainy"), and I've begun adding the digivolution route for Diaboromon(Kuramon, Tsumemon, Keramon, etc.) which I plan to use in the story line with Devimon. I'll be updating the OP soon with a summary of what I'll be doing with the Devimon story line and I'll also be adding a list of Digimon that I WON'T be adding to the game, all of which I very much regret having to cut. I'm now past the 100 mark, and getting close to 150. Once I've gone over 150, I'll put a hold on adding sprites and devote all time to stats and moves so that I can release the Digivolution Beta for the public.

SWEET!!!! I cant wait to play your hack, it's so awesome your putting all that hard work into your hack :)

Epitaph93

Years
SWEET!!!! I cant wait to play your hack, it's so awesome your putting all that hard work into your hack :)

You'll probably be waiting for a while lol, but thank you for the support.

sweet man. cant wait. if u need any banners, sigs or support banners let me know & il make some for you *all amazing hacks need a banner of some kind*

If you could I'd be very thankful. I made the one in my sig, but it's kinda bland lol. Anything you can do to help. Thanks.

Update: edited the OP a little and I'll finish editing it in the next 24 hours.

Notice: If you want screen shots of anything let me know and I'll gladly get them for you.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
just pm me the details; what image/s u want me 2 use *provide render/image link*, what text u want on it & what colors/themes u want *what color text do u want. if u want it/them something with a dark theme, space, red,etc*.

seems like this is coming along well. seems like il be looking forward to the sprites & the moves the most in this hack. keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back